Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v10 | Next: Tue, Sept 13 | vs TB |*DOUBLEHEADER| 1pm ET/10am PT & 7pm ET/4pm PT | Springs vs Manoah & TBA vs TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Yankees aren't anything remotely close to the team they were in the first half. So yes, it is.

And no one is remotely close to the Dodgers. I'd be happy to worry about them if/when the time comes.

I understand and appreciate having high expectations, but "We're not good enough because we're not as good as the team on pace to win about 115 games" feels like a bit much.
I mean we’re gonna have to get to that level eventually if we want to win it all. That should be the ultimate goal. So when you’re looking at things to improve in the offseason, the criticisms I mentioned are valid areas to address.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I mean we’re gonna have to get to that level eventually if we want to win it all. That should be the ultimate goal. So when you’re looking at things to improve in the offseason, the criticisms I mentioned are valid areas to address.

Plenty of teams haven’t gotten to the Dodgers level and won it all. There’s a high probability a team not named the Dodgers ends up winning again this postseason too. It’s just the nature of the game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Plenty of teams haven’t gotten to the Dodgers level and won it all. There’s a high probability a team not named the Dodgers ends up winning again this postseason too. It’s just the nature of the game.
Is it likely that the current roster wins it all?

We should be striving to get better all the time regardless.

Reactions: stickty111

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Umps are normally way off base but I honestly don't see much wrong here. I'd need to get clarification on what Francona was arguing but HBP is a reviewable play. If he still has his challenge then challenge, if he doesn't then the umps aren't allowed to use a crew review until the 8th. They got together and discussed it and felt it wasn't a HBP which appears to be the correct call. If that was indeed the discussion the umpire gave him a lot of rope on a pretty black and white decision. Either sit down and we can continue the game or you're I'll make you sit down somewhere else.

As for the 2nd one I don't believe I've ever seen a pitcher get a handful of warmup pitches after a 5 minute delay because of a ruling/arguing. I'm not sure if the umpires have the discretion to allow it. Looks like Tepera got some there at the end so I guess so unless he went rogue after the ump was distracted tossing his manager. Tossing Nevin was a bit much in that spot and a lot likely could have been done to calm the situation down rather than escalate but he was likely still hot after whatever the hell Francona decided to get upset about for no reason.
Once Nevin got chucked you could see him signal to Tepera to throw a couple as he pulled the ump away.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Should still be looking to get better.

Priorities should include another starting pitcher, more bullpen arms and better contact ability through the lineup.
Of course, everyone should always be looking to get better. I don't think anyone's disputing that. But they're not some deeply flawed team, and a lot of these criticisms seem based on gut responses rather than what's actually happened on the field.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Of course, everyone should always be looking to get better. I don't think anyone's disputing that. But they're not some deeply flawed team, and a lot of these criticisms seem based on gut responses rather than what's actually happened on the field.
I didn’t say they were deeply flawed. I said the offense has several areas they can improve in, and should improve in as a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad