Kelemen - Hudacek - Jurco
Bucek - Kristof - Regenda

Fehervary - Cernak
Sekera - Chara
Gernat - Ceresnak
Jaros - Nemec

Halak
Rybar

I was trying to put together best possible Slovakia right now. Not sure about Jurco. Bucek is said to be rumored to NHL, he has to be good enough atleast for 4th line.

Chara with 1 leg is still better than Marincin, Rosandic etc.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Slaf - Hrivik - Cehlarik
Tatar - Ruzicka - Studenic

Fehervary - Cernak
Sekera - Chara
Gernat - Ceresnak
Jaros - Nemec

Halak
Rybar

I was trying to put together best possible Slovakia right now. Not sure about Jurco. Bucek is said to be rumored to NHL, he has to be good enough atleast for 4th line.

M. Pospisil and Chromiak instead of Kristof and Jurco. Not sure about Chara but I would rather see there Knazko. As a third goalie, it might be one of Huska and Hrenak. Both AHL goaltenders. Otherwise I really like your roster.:thumbu: Btw,I´m curious about Cajkovic, as well. He should be playing in AHL in the following season.

Reactions: peto10

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Czechia, Sweden, Switerland...who else?
As mentioned Germany and Denmark is like a judgment call, they have a clear advantage in goal and on the top end with 2 legitimate top-6 wingers. The only real Slovak advantage is the top D pair.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
As mentioned Germany and Denmark is like a judgment call, they have a clear advantage in goal and on the top end with 2 legitimate top-6 wingers. The only real Slovak advantage is the top D pair.
Germany is better than us at this point, but we should be able to even them in couple of seasons. If we talk about Denmark, then what I see is better goaltending and elite offensive line. Other than that, Slovakia has much bigger depth and is also younger. Rest of the Danish team is very, very old.

Reactions: Takurcitee

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Germany is better than us at this point, but we should be able to even them in couple of seasons. If we talk about Denmark, then what I see is better goaltending and elite offensive line. Other than that, Slovakia has much bigger depth and is also younger. Rest of the Danish team is very, very old.
Yes, it will most likely change in the coming years but how much we are going to see. While Danes will need a miracle to stay at the current level of power, Slovakia vs. Germany is really just a prospect development race, both are stacked but Germans are few years ahead.

Reactions: stastny12

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Yes, it will most likely change in the coming years but how much we are going to see. While Danes will need a miracle to stay at the current level of power, Slovakia vs. Germany is really just a prospect development race, both are stacked but Germans are few years ahead.
Tbh, I´d be glad to see Danes not fall apart totally. It´s a pity that hockey has not grown in the country. Same applies for Norway.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Tbh, I´d be glad to see Danes not fall apart totally. It´s a pity that hockey has not grown in the country. Same applies for Norway.
I think next year it will be exactly twenty years since Denmark has played in the elite World Cup category, which is a success for such a small country. With the position of hockey, which is far behind football and maybe even handball, this is an excellent result. I don't think their hockey will fall apart or they will play to save the elite category. A certain decline can be expected, yet they will be able to play even matches with Germany or Slovakia.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I think next year it will be exactly twenty years since Denmark has played in the elite World Cup category, which is a success for such a small country. With the position of hockey, which is far behind football and maybe even handball, this is an excellent result. I don't think their hockey will fall apart or they will play to save the elite category. A certain decline can be expected, yet they will be able to play even matches with Germany or Slovakia.
I´m pointing specifically at popularity of hockey in Denmark

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Here are some interesting stats from the last few tournaments

WC 2019 (W-OTW-OTL-L)
When scoring first 3-1-0-2
When conceding first 0-0-0-1

WC 2021
When scoring first 4-0-0-1
When conceding first 0-0-0-3

Olympic qualification
When scoring first 3-0-0-0
When conceding first 0-0-0-0

Olympics
When scoring first 3-1-0-1
When conceding first 0-0-0-2

This WC

In other words, last time we won a game when giving up the first goal was in 2018. We better make sure we score first against Denmark.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Here are some interesting stats from the last few tournaments

WC 2019 (W-OTW-OTL-L)
When scoring first 3-1-0-2
When conceding first 0-0-0-1

WC 2021
When scoring first 4-0-0-1

Olympic qualification
When conceding first 0-0-0-0

Olympics
When scoring first 3-1-0-1
When conceding first 0-0-0-2

This WC

In other words, last time we won a game when giving up the first goal was in 2018. We better make sure we score first against Denmark.
The powerplay worries me a lot. This could be a game that finishes like 2-1.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slaf - Hrivik - Cehlarik

Fehervary - Cernak
Sekera - Chara
Gernat - Ceresnak
Jaros - Nemec

Halak
Rybar

Very weak centre core but winger looks better in the future. Slovak hockey must pray that Dvorsky turns out great, and that Petrovsky becomes a third line C. An NHL goalie is also needed. Huska I doubt becomes that.

Down the line top 9 F and top 4 D looks a little more promising (if guys pan out of course).

Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Mesar
Ciernik - Ruzicka - Molnar
Chromiak - Petrovsky - Sykora

Fehervary - Nemec
Knazko - Cernak

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
a key to win over Denmark is playing very physical. The danes are defending with 5 guys deep down all game long. It will be hard to play skilled game against that. Need to work very hard, win the battles and wear them down with physical play.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Slaf - Hrivik - Cehlarik

Fehervary - Cernak
Sekera - Chara
Gernat - Ceresnak
Jaros - Nemec

Halak
Rybar

Missing Cajkovsky. And also Halak is questionable as a Nr. 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad