NYM vs SD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I concur with the majority, Mets in 2.

Have no faith in San diego.. Though having faith in the Mets is a fools game as well. No offense Mets fan

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Going to be very cold both nights...SD has a horrendous road offense and as of late the Mets have a horrendous offense altogether...not sure who it favors but I'd wager that Yu Darvish has rarely started a game in these types of conditions so he may be at a disadvantage vs Scherzer

RoloRumkin

May 8, 2017
San Diego, CA
Going to be very cold both nights...SD has a horrendous road offense and as of late the Mets have a horrendous offense altogether...not sure who it favors but I'd wager that Yu Darvish has rarely started a game in these types of conditions so he may be at a disadvantage vs Scherzer
You have that backwards. SD scored the 3rd most runs in the league on the road this year and were terrible at home. Padres did take the season series against the Mets 4-2 and Darvish has dominated the Mets in his 2 starts vs them this year.

This should be closer than some think, all the pressure is on the Mets. It'll be interesting to see how the crowd reacts if they go down early in game one.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I love Mariners, I like Rays and Astros... but Buck Showalter is all time great Oriole, so I'd like to see him winning the all thing.

Go Mets!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Both teams had an average September. Mets are going to rely heavy on their two Aces. They don't have quite the lineup that the Padres have. You could even make the argument that the Padres starting rotation is better than the Mets, it's more deeper. Their lineup is stacked. I would give the nod to the Mets 'pen. This has a chance to be the best series of the four. Padres in 3.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
They don't have quite the lineup that the Padres have.
Not sure about that. Mets have the best lineup from all teams other than Dodgers/probably Braves

OPS+

Alonso - 146
McNeil - 140
Marte - 132
Nimmo - 130
Lindor - 122
Cahna - 120

Jeff McNeil hitting better than Soto this season, almost same OBP % (.382 vs .388).

Other than Manny and Soto, Padres lineup is pretty meh. San Diego has two guys with OBP over .330 rofl.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the way, when I hear someone disclose that they have ALS, like, the hell with that disease dude, I don’t even want to imagine that. It is truly mind numbing to me the people who are able to have such a positive attitude living with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad