2022 NHL Entry Draft 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Are you referring to the tournament where Slaf had as many points as Beniers, McTavish, Power, Brisson and Knies combined for? Or the other tournament where he had more points than Barzal, Ehlers, Hischier and Meier?

Every one of the top 4 candidates in this draft has question marks. Every one of them is also a very good prospect. It's up to Habs hockey ops to figure out who will be the most valuable player at the NHL level over the long haul.
Yeah the tournament where he shot 30% and the other where his team was in the worst division imaginable for an international hockey tournament.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Goldenhands believes his assessment.

Eye of Ra just gets bored and trolls terribly.
Im not "trolling". You guys are so deluded that you think slaf sucks and people who dont agree with it are "trolls". You guys only want Wright because he is from Canada.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Indeed...Slakofsky really tore up the Finnish league with a whopping 5 goals and 0.3PPG. Record breaking!
Buried in bottom 6 beacuse coach prefers older guys. Look at Slafs numbers in Olympics and WC. If he produces so well there then there is no question he would in Liiga aswell, which is weaker than Olympics and WC.

Wright doing good in a junior league is not more impressing. Dont tell me OHL is better than Liiga/Olympics/WC.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Indeed...Slakofsky really tore up the Finnish league with a whopping 5 goals and 0.3PPG. Record breaking!

Not -those- adults. The ones from that one rink in Azerbaijan!

Buried in bottom 6 beacuse coach prefers older guys. Look at Slafs numbers in Olympics and WC. If he produces so well there then there is no question he would in Liiga aswell, which is weaker than Olympics and WC.

Wright doing good in a junior league is not more impressing. Dont tell me OHL is better than Liiga/Olympics/WC.

Agreed Habs should trade Suzuki for Kakko. Kakko dominated liiga and WC more than slaf. So he's gonna be amazing.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Well Wright wasn’t only doing good though was he, he was the best player

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

A rare gem like you claim he is would have forced his coach's hand to play him in Liiga. In Olympics and WC, teams play against more weak teams than strong ones. So your argument falls apart.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

If you compare Shane Wright to many former OHL guys back in the days. To be 1.50 on your draft year, most of the time you gonna hit an nhl player. Quick exemple is Nick Suzuki. Odds are favorable on Wright case. The opposite. Slaf, 10 pts in 30 games, odds are against . But, yeah, you could hit a Sebastian aho, cause him either didnt showed awesome stats. So At the end. I prefer to pick the guy with better odds.
Liiga weaker than the last olympics? I wouldnt say that.

Reactions: Mandala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad