HF Habs: 2022 NHL Draft 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It will be interesting to see what HuGo thinks about Primeau. With his current AHL run, he could be an interesting asset for some teams IF they don’t think he fits long term here.
I would't move him, goalie have rarely a lot of value when they are not in he NHL and even if I think Dobes will be better then him, our goalie depth is thin.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would't move him, goalie have rarely a lot of value when they are not in he NHL and even if I think Dobes will be better then him, our goalie depth is thin.

Ottawa is already up against it as they have Gustavsson and Soogard they want to play next year, but also Anton Forsberg and Murray.

Reactions: Fenris and Vachon23

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I do have feeling, like you already post, that if we ending up trading for the #7 oa, Matt Murray will be in the deal.

It'd be a smart move.

There was something else out there about us being in on absorbing Barrie.

Hughes could get creative:
Move Petry
Get compensated to take Barrie (RHD vet) then trade Barrie later.
Move Allen
Get compensated to take Murray or have it part of the value in trading Anderson + to Ottawa.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It'd be a smart move.

There was something else out there about us being in on absorbing Barrie.

Hughes could get creative:
Move Petry
Get compensated to take Barrie (RHD vet) then trade Barrie later.
Move Allen
Get compensated to take Murray or have it part of the value in trading Anderson + to Ottawa.
We could even start with Murray-Allen and wait at the TDL that a desperate GM overpay for goalie rental like Allen because of injuries/problem in there goalies.

For Barrie, I would even try Hoffman for Barrie. Barrie would even bring something we badly need in our team (PP QB).

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Would be really silly for the Sens to hand over the 7th overall pick to a division rival.

But judging by their Boucher pick, it’s either trade it or take Conor Geekie :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
man who knew that drafting first overall was gonna turn the habs board into a civil war.

I like both Wright or Slaf a lot. I’m fin with either of them.
I like them both....but Wright is clear choice #1 IMO

You select Wright and our C position is set for the next 12yrs+

If I'm Montreal, I'm doing everything I can to select Gauthier....will cost a lot less and I believe you'll see close to the same production NHL wise as Slaf

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Would be really silly for the Sens to hand over the 7th overall pick to a division rival.

But judging by their Boucher pick, it’s either trade it or take Conor Geekie :laugh:

Seriously I can't believe that Ottawa pick Boucher at 10, that's very very bad.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He currently sits at #10 on my list.

—--

6- Lambert

7 - Savoie

8 - Kemell

9- Lekkerimaki

10- Korchinski

——

I've been impressed by his game from my first viewing.

He's exactly the kind of D we need to complete our D squad (elite PP QB). But sadly, he'll be long gone even if we try to move up. I mean, unless we move up to get a pick between 10-15 maybe. But even then, I'm not sure he'll still be there.

Both Ottawa and Detroit (7th and 8th pick) are rumored to turn the page on their respective rebuilds and vie for the plqyoffs, and might be looking to trade down for immediate help.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

If I'm Montreal, I'm doing everything I can to select Gauthier....will cost a lot less and I believe you'll see close to the same production NHL wise as Slaf
Wright is not the "clear no1", that's why there's so much a debate about it....what a year to pick 1st OV! Am I the only one who likes Cooley more than Slaf and Wright? Competitiveness seems high, great hands, vision, skating, good two way game (not as good as Wright). Him and Caufield together could be dynamite.

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON

That's how I see it too. We're essentially just starting a rebuild. We have a top 6 two-way C, Top 6 goal scoring W, and whatever #D we want to call Romanov/Guhle. Drafting Wright (or Cooley) sets us up @ center for the next decade +.

Then with the other picks we can take swings at a puck moving D and riskier high upside wingers that can help fill in and compliment the core. (Whether that's packaging picks to move up, or using the picks as more darts at the board)

And when the time comes to compete, wingers are much easier to obtain than C/D.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Wright is not the "clear no1", that's why there's so much a debate about it....what a year to pick 1st OV! Am I the only one who likes Cooley more than Slaf and Wright? Competitiveness seems high, great hands, vision, skating, good two way game (not as good as Wright). Him and Caufield together could be dynamite.
Caufield and Cooley getting their own Habs NTDP line going would be pretty cool too! Gauthier to complete the line? 😉

There are definitely people who have Cooley at or near the same level as Wright, they're the two I'd be picking between personally.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
there's always debate....Create debate, it sells, keeps things hot and interesting, gets posters and draft nerds coming back here everyday to debate their views......

Love Cooley, will be a great player in the NHL I'm sure, Slaf will find success also....but for the Montreal Canadiens, Wright is the player they not only should draft but will draft.

But eh....if we do draft Cooley, you will not see me losing my shit on the discussion board....I'll be slightly disappointed,(only because I want Wright) but I know that it's still a very good player we'll have just drafted

Reactions: Beer and Chips

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I've had Cooley at #1 since December.
I've had/have Cooley at #2 for awhile and don't understand why people have slaf over him but I was kinda bothered when it was said that he came off as sounding like a teenager and didn't like the cameras. Unfortunately the Montreal market is a different beast and he'll have to learn to embrace that if chosen by the Habs. It hasn't reduced his stock at all in my eyes though. But it's reassuring that he at least comes from the northeast

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've had/have Cooley at #2 for awhile and don't understand why people have slaf over him but I was kinda bothered when it was said that he came off as sounding like a teenager and didn't like the cameras. Unfortunately the Montreal market is a different beast and he'll have to learn to embrace that if chosen by the Habs. It hasn't reduced his stock at all in my eyes though. But it's reassuring that he at least comes from the northeast

Chantal can fix that if we pick him. Not worried about that. Loving the cameras can get you into more trouble.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
yup, you've been very consistent with that.....He's pure electric, probably a lot more wow to his game then Wright.

My guess is they will both find success at the NHL level....so drafting one or the other to me is a clear win.....I just have the edge going to Wright. I just like the fact that Wright as is, is a terrific player, finished with almost 100pts and on a good team, not great team, with a rumored head coach who may have an inner Ducharme to his style.

It's as though there is another level within Wright that's yet to be unleashed......I'm banking on that inner greatness to surface under St-Louis.

You'll still see a 200ft player in Wright but with a lot more dynamic to his offensive game.

We'll see......I'm just as pumped though about what 's gonna happen after that 1st pick ( in the sense of moving up in the draft) then the actual 1st pick!!

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Great choice. The best choice for Habs it's Wright or Cooley at 1. If they want another Suzuki, go with Wright and if they want more a Zegras type of C, go with Cooley. Both are going to 1C in this league. Cooley have just 12 pts less than Jack Hughes in USHL at 17 years old. That's very impressive.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The best player we had in the 2000 century hate the camera, so I don't think it's that much a problem.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Habs draft Wright at 1 and Nathan Gaucher at 26... that would be a very very good 1st round to me. Gaucher reminds me of Mercer. He is big, two-way, strong, great hands, this guy is a stud in the making. Very high on Gaucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad