7Nikita Okhotiuk2019 Round 2 #61 Overall52.3Graeme ClarkeTyce Thompson
8Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall56.7Chase StillmanJanne Kuokannen
9Nico Daws2020 Round 3 #84 Overall46.3Nikita OkhotiukReilly Walsh
10Tyce Thompson2019 Round 4 #96 Overall41.2Samu SalminenDaniil Misyul
11Nola Foote2019 Round 1 #27 Overall59.0Michael VukojevicNico Daws
12Tyler Brennan2022 Round 4 #102 Overall32.7Jaromir PytlikNick Merkley

Last Pick: Tyler Brennan - New Jersey Devils / NHL

Brennan.jpg

Added: Daniil Orlov (Just because @Xirik wanted me to add Barabosha and threatened me with angry pitchforks:razz:)

Eligible Players:
Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Cole Brady
Jack Dugan
Josh Filmon
Jeremy Groleau
Brian Halonen
Peter Hauser
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Daniil Misyul
Daniil Orlov
Nikola Pasic
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Artem Shlaine
Aarne Talvitie
Topias Vilen
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
Ripshot 43

In Poll:Selected Previously:
Tyler Brennan
Graeme Clarke
Ethan Edwards
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Patrick Moynihan
Samu Salminen
Akira Schmid
Chase Stillman
Reilly Walsh

Tyler Brennan
Seamus Casey
Nico Daws
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Simon Nemec
Nikita Okhotiuk
Tyce Thompson
Fabian Zetterlund

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
A bit wild that Walsh just put up 43 points in the AHL last year as a defender and still doesn’t have a single vote at #13.
I guess his D game is that bad?

I went Edwards because I think for whatever reason he’s going to have a big season at UM. And he’s apparently a physical specimen, so I’m all about that.

Reactions: mdj12784

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
A bit wild that Walsh just put up 43 points in the AHL last year as a defender and still doesn’t have a single vote at #13.

I seldom vote in these things but the well has been poisoned for him with certain authoritative people shitting on his game constantly. The fact that Jaromir Pytlik, a guy who missed the entire season, went over him last year is about all you need to know.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I seldom vote in these things but the well has been poisoned for him with certain authoritative people shitting on his game constantly. The fact that Jaromir Pytlik, a guy who missed the entire season, went over him last year is about all you need to know.
That certainly has an impact. From what I've read his defensive game took some good steps last year in Utica. Maybe some people who watch him regularly can confirm that.

I think another factor, though, is that a lot of us now have PTSD from Butcher and Smith. They've been somewhat disasterous for us, and Walsh seems to be cut from the same mold. That being said, I think you're right. Walsh probably has as good of a shot as many currently in the poll to actually become an NHLer.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
McCarthy although I almost went with Schmid. I can't believe people are voting for Stillman tbh.
If Stillman was picked as a third rounder like he should have been last year he wouldn't even be getting consideration yet. This is solely based on draft position.

Reactions: HBK27

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
McCarthy although I almost went with Schmid. I can't believe people are voting for Stillman tbh.

If Stillman was picked as a third rounder like he should have been last year he wouldn't even be getting consideration yet. This is solely based on draft position.
But we are talking 13th rated prospect here, well below our other recent 1st rounders.

I kind of feel Stillman being drafted too high is having a negative effect in peoples minds. I mean a goalie who just put up some lousy #'s and was drafted in the 4th round was just chosen, but Stillman shouldn't be getting votes?

Granted I voted Akira here, but I can certainly see Stillman being in the mix at this point.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
But we are talking 13th rated prospect here, well below our other recent 1st rounders.

I kind of feel Stillman being drafted too high is having a negative effect in peoples minds. I mean a goalie who just put up some lousy #'s and was drafted in the 4th round was just chosen, but Stillman shouldn't be getting votes?

Granted I voted Akira here, but I can certainly see Stillman being in the mix at this point.
That goalie was considered the best goalie in this draft and had lousy numbers bc he was on a dog shit team. Stillman just stinks.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That goalie was considered the best goalie in this draft and had lousy numbers bc he was on a dog shit team. Stillman just stinks.
Brennan had the exact same #'s as a kid who was a year younger and drafted in the 5th round.

Prince George also had a goalie this season post very good #'s before he was traded, granted he was 20, but he was also undrafted.

Saying Stillman stinks is 100% drafted-too-high backlash. He had a decent season.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth

Two different situations in my opinion. Tyler Brennan was considered the best goalie in the draft by a lot of major writers (albeit in a weaker draft for goalies), and his numbers right now are not the reason why he was drafted highly. He played on a horrendous team and is widely considered to be a project goalie with a really great set of tools. Granted I do not know how to scout goalies, but our goaltending scouting these past couple of years has proved to be really, really solid.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about lousy numbers for a D+1, let's talk about Stillman going sub PPG in the OHL in his D+1. That is beyond lousy. That would be considered a bad season if he was picked in the fourth round, and Stillman was picked in the first. I'd argue that Stillman being picked in the first round is having far too positive an effect on people's opinion. If he was drafted in the third like he should have been and performed the way he's been performing, he'd have the same number of votes as our actual underperforming third rounder last year, Samu Salminen, 0.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Nobody has any idea where he would've been picked if the Devils hadn't taken him. Given that he missed an entire season and he's only played his D+1, his draft position is still slightly relevant here.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
To me, Stillman is fine here. I liked his showing in the prospects camp (even if it doesn’t mean a lot), I like his skillset and I think he can have a strong season this year. If his season is subpar again though, I have no problem bringing him way down.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Walsh is probably never going to fit on the devils.

But, honestly, I think that's coloring our opinions here. He's absolutely more likely to actually see the NHL than most of these guys, and I don't think most of them have that top tier potential to deserve ranking over him. Maybe Stillman gets back on track, but until he does, I'm OUT.

Anyway, I think Walsh, Schmid, or Orlov are all fine picks here.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Brennan had the exact same #'s as a kid who was a year younger and drafted in the 5th round.

Prince George also had a goalie this season post very good #'s before he was traded, granted he was 20, but he was also undrafted.

Saying Stillman stinks is 100% drafted-too-high backlash. He had a decent season.
No he didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad