GDT: 2022 Free Agent frenzy

CameronNeely

May 11, 2019
Vegas signs Olympic golden goal scorer Sakari Manninen. (30yr old C/LW, 5'8)
Manninen is sneaky good. Has a ton of skill and really really high hockey iq. Will all this translate to NHL and how big of a handicap his size will be, remains to be seen. Best Finn outside NA IMO.

Reactions: KTE

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Considering how Cassidy liked to load up his top line in Boston:

Marchy Eichel Stone
Stephenson Karlsson Smith
Carrier Roy Patrick*
_____ Holden Kolesar
Leschyshyn
Rondbjerg/Cotter

Martinez Petro
McNabb Teddy
Hague Whitecloud
Hutton

*assuming he's still in the plans and healthy

I really hope this doesn't mean they're going to rush Brisson or stick him on the 4th line. Dorofeyev and Manninen should get a long look in camp.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Marchy Eichel Stone
Carrier Roy Patrick*
_____ Holden Kolesar
Leschyshyn
Rondbjerg/Cotter

Martinez Petro
McNabb Teddy
Hague Whitecloud
Hutton

Howden, Holden's gone. :laugh:

Put Carrier at 4LW so you can have Manninen 3LW.

Then we'll see what happens at 3RW, & 4RW. Probably Patrick at 3RW but 4RW there's Amadio, Lesch, Röndbjerg, Kolesar.

If Kelly was smart he'd trade Kolesar for some asset after his career year. Alas. Kolesar is from Brandon.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Howden, Holden's gone. :laugh:

Put Carrier at 4LW so you can have Manninen 3LW.

Then we'll see what happens at 3RW, & 4RW. Probably Patrick at 3RW but 4RW there's Amadio, Lesch, Röndbjerg, Kolesar.

If Kelly was smart he'd trade Kolesar for some asset after his career year. Alas. Kolesar is from Brandon.

I just can't get over losing Nick...
I'm Holden out for a hero

There's a Kessel sized hole at RW if Patrick is still hurt...:sarcasm: At the very least, he's worth a camp invite.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas signs Hutchinson for league minimum. So there's the temp backup.

Also Froese for Henderson, and Rondy got a 3 year extension.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So now that they've gained all that cap space, they stand a much better shot of matching just about any offer sheet on Hague and Roy (or both).

Will they move the Weber contract and try and get everyone signed ASAP? I don't think Arizona is at the floor yet with a mostly complete roster except for Crouse. Moving Chychrun might put them below the floor again.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So now that they've gained all that cap space, they stand a much better shot of matching just about any offer sheet on Hague and Roy (or both).

Will they move the Weber contract and try and get everyone signed ASAP? I don't think Arizona is at the floor yet with a mostly complete roster except for Crouse. Moving Chychrun might put them below the floor again.
Don't have to move the contract, buut... Yeah, since Weber's got 3,1,1,1 m in actual salary left(and insurance should take that number down too perhaps?), that should be pretty enticing for teams like Arizona, Anaheim, should be able to move it without giving anything up(maybe even get something in return), but, Kelly.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland

Marchy Eichel Stone
Carrier Roy Patrick*
_____ Holden Kolesar
Leschyshyn
Rondbjerg/Cotter

Martinez Petro
McNabb Teddy
Hague Whitecloud
Hutton

I really hope this doesn't mean they're going to rush Brisson or stick him on the 4th line. Dorofeyev and Manninen should get a long look in camp.

This is what I have:

Marchessault $5,0 - Karlsson $5,9 - Smith $5,0
Manninen $0,9 - Eichel $10,0 - Stone $9,5
Cotter $0,76 - Stephenson $2,75 - Roy $2,4
Carrier $1,4 - Howden $1,5 - Kolesar $1,125
+ Amadio $0,763, Rondbjerg $0,767

Martinez $5,25 - Pietrangelo $8,8
McNabb $2,85 - Theodore $5,2
Hague $1,8 - Whitecloud $2,75
Hutton $0,85

Lehner $5,0
Brossoit $2,325

= $82,59

Cut little bit salary from Manninen's, Roy's, Hague's and Kolesar's contract predictions (or replace Brossoit with Thompson) and we are under the cap $82,5M with 14+7+2 roster. That way we can also keep Cotter and Rondbjerg up and don't risk losing them in the waivers because they are two best youngsters at the moment when it comes to NHL readiness. I am confident Cotter could be productive guy in the third line if he just gets the chance because he is the best young player to create his own scoring chance thanks to his skating and hands and scored couple of beautiful solo goals in the AHL in the spring.

Patrick is in LTIR in this scenario because I doubt he plays regularly. It is also possible to move Stephenson for LW2 like in your scenario and put Manninen to third line with Roy and Amadio when Cotter and Rondbjerg would be extra forwards. And yes, I believe Manninen will be a lock TOP9 forward. There is no doubt about that. I also believe he will replace production from Dadonov. Brisson and Dorofeyev will begin season in the AHL because they are not yet ready to play there full-time. Situation can be different when playoffs begin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad