November 20th-December 18th :santa:

49AF5590-9DD3-46F0-9632-ED86BC0A058F.jpeg

4D494562-4BEF-4A80-8B98-E9BCD8E55DB1.jpeg

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Come on Flick, this will be easy. Just roll with a front 5 and score all of the goals:

Sane - Havertz/Moukoko - Gnabry/Hofmann
Musiala/Havertz - Wirtz/Havertz
Kimmich - Goretzka/Gundogan
Schlotterbeck - Süle - Kehrer/Klostermann
ter Stegen/Neuer​

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Come on Flick, this will be easy. Just roll with a front 5 and score all of the goals:

Sane - Kai/Moukoko - Gnabry
Musiala/Kai - Wirtz/Kai
Kimmich - LeGo/Ilkay
Schlotterbeck - Süle - Kehrer
ter Stegen​
Is there any other position Kai can fill?

That backline seems weak and MAtS wont start until Nuer gets carried off the pitch. No reliable 9 either, Sane himself being inconsistent. I dont see Germany doing exceptionally well this tournament.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is there any other position Kai can fill?

That backline seems weak and MAtS wont start until Nuer gets carried off the pitch. No reliable 9 either, Sane himself being inconsistent. I dont see Germany doing exceptionally well this tournament.

Kai can cover the wings as well ;-)

- Feel to be wrong; that back 3 is excellent.
- Neuer might not be fit in time, so *fingerscrossed*
- Did you not see Moukoko as an alternative to false-9-Kai?
- Even when he's not on top of his game, Sane's a top player...and it's not like we'd need him to carry the offense :dunno:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Kai can cover the wings as well ;-)

- Feel to be wrong; that back 3 is excellent.
- Neuer might not be fit in time, so *fingerscrossed*
- Did you not see Moukoko as an alternative to false-9-Kai?
- Even when he's not on top of his game, Sane's a top player...and it's not like we'd need him to carry the offense :dunno:
Moukoko is what 17 hardly proven and his first international tournament asking him to be a big part of the offence is a recipe for disaster.

Neuer wont miss it just MAtS bad luck.

As for the back three... we'll see.

I like Sane and he wont be an issue for Germany at least he shouldnt.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Moukoko is what 17 hardly proven and his first international tournament asking him to be a big part of the offence is a recipe for disaster.

Neuer wont miss it just MAtS bad luck.

As for the back three... we'll see.

I like Sane and he wont be an issue for Germany at least he shouldnt.

Many people will make that same mistake when Mouki earns that starting spot, but it's never too early for greatness...

*sigh* you're probably right, but there's hope for MAtS for now! The reports from two days ago had Bayern's staff unsure of when Manu will be good to go and expressing concern that he might have to miss the WM.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kehrer played at right back the last game for West Ham and guess what, he sucked again. You're not winning anything with him in your starting 11.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kehrer played at right back the last game for West Ham and guess what, he sucked again. You're not winning anything with him in your starting 11.

Until his club form starts to affect how well he plays for Flick, I will continue to not give the least bit of a s*** about it. It's not like he was great for PSG while killing it for the NT either, ya know?

I was never super high on Kehrer like I was Süle & Tah, and have wanted Klostermann to take that RCB/RB spot for over a year now...but Kehrer has been consistently excellent for the NT since the coaching change :dunno:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Maybe his problem is he needs to be playing in a back 3 to be any good, and his teams in the last couple of years have always played a back 4.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Many people will make that same mistake when Mouki earns that starting spot, but it's never too early for greatness...

*sigh* you're probably right, but there's hope for MAtS for now! The reports from two days ago had Bayern's staff unsure of when Manu will be good to go and expressing concern that he might have to miss the WM.
Unless he’s Pele reincarnated I don’t see how Germany would win with him as the 9

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe his problem is he needs to be playing in a back 3 to be any good, and his teams in the last couple of years have always played a back 4.

That could be it since the lopsided back 4 that Flick actually uses functions a lot like a back 3 when we're in possession...with the LWB bombing high up the pitch to free Sane or Musiala up to drift around from the LW position; while the FB opposite them tucks in a lot more & plays much deeper.

Having Hofmann or Gnabry in front of him also probably doesn't hurt as both have excellent speed & put in a lot of work against/away-from the ball.
Unless he’s Pele reincarnated I don’t see how Germany would win with him as the 9

Even better, Mouki will be Gerd-reincarnated! :yo:

EDIT:
I don't think we'll win, but I think we've got the talent to do so if we bring our A-game, and we should get back to the SFs barring any last-minute crippling injuries. As we have no depth behind Kimmich and would suffer a significant downgrade if Süle & Schlotterbeck missed the tourney.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If all the favourites win their groups, right side of the bracket seems to be easier, say France, England, Belgium and Portugal as group winners.

While on the left side you could have Argentina, Brazil, Spain/Germany. Obviously the Qatar group winner's path makes it easier at first knockout rounds at least. And on the other hand, one of Spain or Germany endng up on the rigth side evens thing out.

I'd fancy Argentina to reach semis at least, which would obviously be a tough one against winner of Brazil vs. Spain (or Germany). Argentina vs France would be a nice final, although I could live with Brazil vs France too.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This WC feels different for me. Not super invested and I don’t know why. I’ll obviously watch and it’ll obviously change.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You don't know why the World Cup hosted in a tiny, despotic sheikhdom on the Arabian peninsula a few weeks before Christmas feels different?
I mean yes that’s exactly the reason. But o just can’t get into it. Literally just talking to my girlfriend about it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The time of year feels weirder than the location. If you don't think every other host winner didn't grease all the pockets to get there I don't know what to tell you. The world of football has never been strong on morals. Doesn't mean I'm OK with it, to be clear, but to consider it particularly shocking seems willfully naive. But whatever, I didnt want to rehash that debate, my point was meant to be that I've always associated the WC with that most hopeful seasons, with the whole summer opening up ahead of you, not with the time of year when the grey clouds roll in and you go whole days on end without seeing the sun

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking forward to seeing Mitoma at the WC. He is quickly becoming Brighton's new secret star, unreal player!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00