HF Habs: 2022 FIFA World Cup: Argentina World Cup Champs, France runner-up, Croatia 3rd, Morocco 4th

Does Canada qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
POLL:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Time to start getting ramped for a Team Canada run at qualifying for the World Cup in 2022, Qatar.
21 November to 18 December 2022

For those of you not aware, last time Canada qualified was for Mexico 1986*

* b/c Mexico was Host Nation it opened up a spot for another CONCACAF team: Canada.

I'll be first on record to say this will be the 1st WC we qualify legitimately.

Allez Les Rouges!

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Time to start getting ramped for a Team Canada run at qualifying for the World Cup in 2022, Qatar.
21 November to 18 December 2022

For those of you not aware, last time Canada qualified was for Mexico 1986*

* b/c Mexico was Host Nation it opened up a spot for another CONCACAF team: Canada.

I'll be first on record to say this will be the 1st WC we qualify legitimately.

Allez Les Rouges!
Even as an American, I’m not overlooking Canada tomorrow. Canada beat us in 2019 and our results over the past several years have been quite volatile. We’ve been fairly decent the past several fixtures and I hope this continues but I wish you guys well. I love Canada so I always enjoy seeing you guys do well.

Bonne chance!!

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Even as an American, I’m not overlooking Canada tomorrow. Canada beat us in 2019 and our results over the past several years have been quite volatile. We’ve been fairly decent the past several fixtures and I hope this continues but I wish you guys well. I love Canada so I always enjoy seeing you guys do well.

Bonne chance!!
Well both teams are secure a QF berth, so this game will be useless for both squads. Nevertheless game 3 today at 5pm EDT.
CAN (39) v USA (20)

Probability of USA win: 75%
Ill be happy with a tie

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Down 0:1 at 52'

Controlling game though. More shots, on target, possession, passes..

Let's make this 1:1 to keep the streak alive.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Take the L.. bound to happen.
Otherwise good metrics on the game.

Also we lost 18 points, dropping us back to 40th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-211633_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-211633_Chrome.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 6

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Canada's B team looked good against USA's B team.

It's remarkable how much this club's mindset has changed from just a few years ago.

No more hopeless long balls. This is a new era with creativity, and flare.

Buchanan looks like a player

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Quietly under the radar last night, an i jury riddled Canada team dismantled the veteran Costa Ricans 2:0

The win gave us +36 points (big gain) resulting in a 5 spot jump in the world rankings to #35

Next up is #15 Mexico in Semis. Canada has a 12% chance of winning.

Allez les rouges.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Quietly under the radar last night, an i jury riddled Canada team dismantled the veteran Costa Ricans 2:0

The win gave us +36 points (big gain) resulting in a 5 spot jump in the world rankings to #35

Allez les rouges.

Come join where the CMNT fans hang out on HF.

Canadian Soccer Part III

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020

Allez les rouges.
They have to beat Mexico to qualify, I believe? The two finalists make it?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
They have to beat Mexico to qualify, I believe? The two finalists make it?
What is going on now is Gold Cup (nothing to do with World Cup). I just update scores to give forum members the ELO rating and immediate world ranking after each match.

CAN (3rd CONCACAF, 35th WR) Vs MEX (1st CONCACAF 15th WR):
MEX has 78% chance of winning. but this match has no bearing on World Cup qualifying which starts in September.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I would love to see Canada in a World Cup, but its going to be tough with only 3 guaranteed a spot and the 4th goes to a playoff. Most likely the top 3 will be Mexico, Costa Rica and United States, with Panama or Canada in that playoff spot. Though anything can happen, we'll see.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Allez les rouges.
You must be looking at the ELO ratings. We're still 70th in the FIFA where Canada is still being rated for what they did 50 years ago.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I would love to see Canada in a World Cup, but its going to be tough with only 3 guaranteed a spot and the 4th goes to a playoff. Most likely the top 3 will be Mexico, Costa Rica and United States, with Panama or Canada in that playoff spot. Though anything can happen, we'll see.
LOL. No not Costa Rica. They're 5 or 6 in the conference. If Canada brings its best squad to the qualifying games we'll finish in 3rd spot - worst-case scenario.

Reactions: themilosh

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
LOL. No not Costa Rica. They're 5 or 6 in the conference. If Canada brings its best squad to the qualifying games we'll finish in 3rd spot - worst-case scenario.
I hope you're right. I never seen Canada in a World Cup in my life, just hope they can finally make it by actually qualifying. Not sure if all 3 hosts will get automatic qualification in 2026. All 3 would seem too much to get automatically in the tournament. Also, Costa Rica has managed some upsets (My Italians Lost in '14) and along with Mexico play the most from the continent in previous World Cups.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I hope you're right. I never seen Canada in a World Cup in my life, just hope they can finally make it by actually qualifying. Not sure if all 3 hosts will get automatic qualification in 2026. All 3 would seem too much to get automatically in the tournament. Also, Costa Rica has managed some upsets (My Italians Lost in '14) and along with Mexico play the most from the continent in previous World Cups.
Canada took apart Costa Rica last night. It was men playing against kids. No, the teams that will give Canada some competition are El Salvador and Honduras. Maybe Jamaica if they can convince more British players to come play for them.

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
Stephen Eustáquio is something else.... what a joy to watch out there !!I also wish Vitoria was 4-5 years younger. And what to say about Buchanan....he ain't staying in the MLS very long.

Can't wait to see the full team together. There is a level of swag in this team, the likes I've never seen before.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

No not really. Costa Rica is past it. They don’t scare me. The US are beatable as well, we beat them already. Mexico’s current generation are not the best, they’ll drop points and hopefully it will be against us.

We need to be sharp against Central American teams on their ground. If we get intimidated we won’t be making it. We need to grab max points against the likes of Honuduras/Panama/Costa Rica/Jamaica/Salvador.

People don’t realize we have a world class talent in Davies and a phenomenal striker in Jonathan David. Davies in my book is the best player in North and Central America.

+ Eustaquio and Buchanan who are having their coming out tournaments. Very exciting times. Defense is my biggest worry. I’m mad at Tomori he should have player with us.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Not this year.. ive been following closely for 40 years.. Canada is on a meteoric rise. Yes MX and USA are still "better" but not superior.
Costa Rica is aging and falling quickly.
Canada is legit 3rd seed in CONCACAF - we will make WC22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad