Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #36 - Artem Duda, LHD

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
There still remains a question as to whether he's fulfilled his end of the contract though, right? Is there precedent of a player skipping out on his contract and becoming a free agent after the original term?
I haven't really seen this addressed one way or the other. His contract not being listed by the KHL on their website leads me to believe CSKA isn't pursuing Duda to complete his final year but ultimately that's just me guessing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Contracts have been tolled in the past. Then again, some players have been let out of deals much more easily than Duda. He’s paid a higher price than most already. So much so that his cautionary tale should already be a deterrent. Not sure if tolling helps drive that example home for others any further. Seems draconian.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I haven't really seen this addressed one way or the other. His contract not being listed by the KHL on their website leads me to believe CSKA isn't pursuing Duda to complete his final year but ultimately that's just me guessing.
I believe there is no "obligation clause" in the KHL as long as no money was paid and not earned for the season.

But then again, he may qualify now, to be able to play in the NCAAs.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad