NCAA: 2022 College Off-season Thread

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Probably depends on the wording of the agreement. Logically, depending on the company he signed with, did the people who drafted the agreement put in a clause that he needs to remain a part of the LSU football team. The NIL money is not permitted to be tied to performance, such as being the starter or throwing for X number of yards/TDs. The value of his NIL is being on the LSU football.

So, his agent/lawyer should have been consulted before he stepped away from the team. Is he no longer on a football scholarship? I get that practicing without the chance of being the starter sucks, especially for a senior, but if the scholarship and NIL money were tied to being on the team, then he needed to consider it, if money is tight for him and his family. If it's not, then he's more than free to walk away from it all at this time.
I would be shocked if he's still on football scholarship if he's not practicing. It doesn't seem like a team would allow that. It wouldn't surprise me if he was no longer at LSU, for that matter.

But yes, ultimately it does depend on the exact wording of the agreement, but given that his value is tied to his being on the team, I would be pretty surprised if the companies didn't build that into the contract. There also could be a clause related to his behavior that could be argued.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So the championship game is on a rotating basis. Interesting. I wonder if Fox is going to find a deal with the Big 12

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
They'll win, they have stylin' new cleats!

And I see it's a road game for Oregon. Does the SEC ever, EVER come up here?
lol probably not I think we will still lose but game be closer then the spread/media thinks it will be georgia lost alot of players.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
They'll win, they have stylin' new cleats!

And I see it's a road game for Oregon. Does the SEC ever, EVER come up here?

Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn UGA played a game in Eugene like 10 years ago?

Edit: Looks like it was Tennessee in 2013, they also had a home-and-home with UCLA a few years before.

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
He'll be transferring again by 2024.

I assume you are talking about Arch's 2nd year on Campus when Ewers will be a RS JR? He probably will be in the nfl. 1.000 rated QB's usually get drafted. Especially when he's with one of the better offensive minds in the game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I assume you are talking about Arch's 2nd year on Campus when Ewers will be a RS JR? He probably will be in the nfl. 1.000 rated QB's usually get drafted. Especially when he's with one of the better offensive minds in the game.
Ewers needs to play well this season to take a strangle hold of the QB position. If his play is so so, to the point where Card ends up starting a game or two then he’s likely done at Texas and will need to RS on his next transfer.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn UGA played a game in Eugene like 10 years ago?

Edit: Looks like it was Tennessee in 2013, they also had a home-and-home with UCLA a few years before.
LSU played at Washington in 2009 as part of a home and home. This was Sark's first year at UW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad