GDT: 2022 Bruins draft discussion

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ok WWWD

Pointing out that your are acting like a little kid saying mommy said. is throwing a temper tantrum? . Sure like I said to each their own. Its more of the cowards way and reading things how u want to read them, but thats usually a mamas boy. " Wally says " lol maybe u should change your username to that. or WWWD "What would Wally Do"
Keep projecting that other people are acting like children, you’re over here calling people cowards over internet posts about hockey and crying about 7th round picks being traded for 7th round picks.

And yes I referenced a Wally post because you are quite literally the embodiment of it…I would have referenced it if Lou, DKH, Alicat, LadyFan, Donnie, ANYBODY made it. Because it’s true, and it’s you to a T

In conclusion, stop projecting and grow up. Tootles now champ

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Keep projecting that other people are acting like children, you’re over here calling people cowards over internet posts about hockey and crying about 7th round picks being traded for 7th round picks.

And yes I referenced a Wally post because you are quite literally the embodiment of it…I would have referenced it if Lou, DKH, Alicat, LadyFan, Donnie, ANYBODY made it. Because it’s true, and it’s you to a T

In conclusion, stop projecting and grow up. Tootles now cham
Tootles WWWD. Lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
classic, the two picks I have some intrigue on are Poitras and Brunet but again, have seen neither play
Yeah I’m not qualified to really evaluate the picks either. I just know what their player profiles are like and know they mostly got picked around where they were supposed to go

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

And yes I referenced a Wally post because you are quite literally the embodiment of it…I would have referenced it if Lou, Gonzot7d, DKH, Alicat, LadyFan, Donnie, ANYBODY made it. Because it’s true, and it’s you to a T

In conclusion, stop projecting and grow up. Tootles now champ.

"WWWD?" wristbands would make a killing.

Reactions: DominicT and TCB

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Wonder how many fans here who are dissatisfied with the draft have actually seen any of the kids drafted this year?

my personal viewings of any of them resulted in 00:00 minutes

this draft appears to have a few kids who are intriguing and reading a bit from the OHL picks from what Dom has contributed has helped a ton, if anyone has watched them enough to make solid evaluations it`s Dom

I watched every single one of them this past season, including Dans Locmelis since I was already following the J20 Nationell to keep tabs on Oskar Jellvik. The one I had the fewest viewings of? Reid Dyck. But when you only play 23 games as a goaltender, it's hard to get a lot of viewings.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
"WWWD?" wristbands would make a killing.
Screenshot-20220710-112036-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Reactions: TCB and DominicT

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I feel like they had a solid draft this year. Does that make me a “Sweeney worshipper”?
You feel a draft where the Bruins didn't have a first round pick going in, and then traded their 3rd round to move further down in the draft and eventually punted their 7th round into next year, as being solid :eek3: ?

I call it pretty shaky at best, but way to early to tell. 2 picks in the top 117 and by punting away his seventh it tells me, that he just doesn't do his homework leading up to draft days or he thinks he's way smarter than he is. Why not just pick the player you have on the board with highest upside in the 7th round ? You can use the argument that it was only a 7th rounder, but at the tender page of 18 you never know who their going to turn into whether its a 4th rnd pick or a 7th round pick.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
You feel a draft where the Bruins didn't have a first round pick going in, and then traded their 3rd round to move further down in the draft and eventually punted their 7th round into next year, as being solid ?

I call it pretty shaky at best, but way to early to tell. 2 picks in the top 117 and by punting away his seventh it tells me, that he just doesn't do his homework leading up to draft days or he thinks he's way smarter than he is., Why not just pick the player you have on the board with highest upside in the 7th round ? You can use the argument that it was only a 7th rounder, but at the tender page of 18 you never know who their going to turn into whether its a 4th rnd pick or a 7th round pick.

They traded their first for a legit d and traded that pick to accumulate more. That’s a weird criticism.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You feel a draft where the Bruins didn't have a first round pick going in, and then traded their 3rd round to move further down in the draft and eventually punted their 7th round into next year, as being solid :eek3: ?

I call it pretty shaky at best, but way to early to tell. 2 picks in the top 117 and by punting away his seventh it tells me, that he just doesn't do his homework leading up to draft days or he thinks he's way smarter than he is. Why not just pick the player you have on the board with highest upside in the 7th round ? You can use the argument that it was only a 7th rounder, but at the tender page of 18 you never know who their going to turn into whether its a 4th rnd pick or a 7th round pick.
So your take is that it was a bad draft because they traded their first for a bonafide top pairing defenseman and then traded down in the middle of the draft to pick up an extra pick in the middle of the draft? And that trading a 7th means they don’t do their homework?

Fascinating brain. I don’t even begin to understand it. Not gonna call it wrong though!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So your take is that it was a bad draft because they traded their first for a bonafide top pairing defenseman and then traded down in the middle of the draft to pick up an extra pick in the middle of the draft? And that trading a 7th means they don’t do their homework?

Fascinating brain. I don’t even begin to understand it. Not gonna call it wrong though!
Not to mention trading for Lindholm and then the bonus of extending him after you acquired him

Reactions: Kegs

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Or....

By the time their pick came up, everyone on their board was taken and they figured that moving that pick to 2023 in a much deeper draft and with as many re-entries going into 2023 that it would be best to punt it? And then there is the whole Russian factor and what will happen to those players as there are certainly a few that could have been drafted this year and weren't and that could move everybody else down?

I don't know. If that's their thinking, I'm 100% behind that.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

'23 is suppose to be a deeper draft overall.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

The Bruins reach and people here are upset they didn't trade down to get the guy.

The Bruins trade down because their guy isn't there or they think he will be there next pick and people think he should have kept it and reached.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Bruins reach and people here are upset they didn't trade down to get the guy.

The Bruins trade down because their guy isn't there or they think he will be there next pick and people think he should have kept it and reached.

Pretty much. There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize yet people are tripping over their feet inventing things to get mad about. It’s wild.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Or....

By the time their pick came up, everyone on their board was taken and they figured that moving that pick to 2023 in a much deeper draft and with as many re-entries going into 2023 that it would be best to punt it? And then there is the whole Russian factor and what will happen to those players as there are certainly a few that could have been drafted this year and weren't and that could move everybody else down?

From a completely objective level, was there still guys on board at that spot you would have justified taking instead of trading the pick?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
From a completely objective level, was there still guys on board at that spot you would have justified taking instead of trading the pick?
No one that I would say I absolutely had to have. Most NHL teams don't have 215 players on their list. They have 70, maybe 80 guys they would rank throughout the draft based on where they were picking. It's quite possible that everyone was off their list.

Same as trading down in the third. Their guys they had in that range were possibly off the board and the decision to trade down and gain an asset, as opposed to reaching was made.

I have no problem in doing that.

I really dont like throwing people out.

But I’m getting there.

Enough with the pissing contests.
Please don't throw me out Wally 🤜🤛

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Or....

With all the turmoil Russia is causing in Ukraine and Europe it will be interesting to see if NHL teams will sour on acquiring Russian players. Not the players fault but the political situation might cause contract/transfer problems.

Reactions: HustleB and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I watched every single one of them this past season, including Dans Locmelis since I was already following the J20 Nationell to keep tabs on Oskar Jellvik. The one I had the fewest viewings of? Reid Dyck. But when you only play 23 games as a goaltender, it's hard to get a lot of viewings.
I knew you`d be the one likeliest to have seen them all play which is why, when you write a column/assessment of a player I read knowing a) you have years of experience when assessing kids and b) you have actually seen the kid you are writing on, not the case always here as you know:)

was just down at the Q Center getting my blades sharpened, Ryan Ferster there already as they are showing some new Grizzlies players (BCHL) the barn, spoke a few minutes with him, said he thinks the boys will be competitive this year as usual, says he`ll really miss Eli Barnett, I only saw a half dozen games , big kid, moves well, uses that big frame nice, said the Sharks grabbed him in the 7th round, mighta been a nice kid too but overall, with all I have read, not sure there`s much to complain about with this draft...............yet:)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad