Prospect Info: [2022 - 92nd] Adam Engstrom (SHL - Rogle BK)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Smooth skater, great IQ, decent shot, decent size. Can play both LD and RD. Engstrom has
top 4 potential for sure.

If all goes well, he is the type of D that could get more ice time at the NHL level than guys like Hutson and Mailloux.

I agree with you.

I believe in Hutson talent, I see him to become a elite PP unit player. At 5v5, he should play with Reinbacher.

Engstrom, he fit perfectly on top 4. He is a two-way D, with good offensive talent. He will shine with his style of play, nothing comparable with Norlinder, huge difference.

I have big big hope for Engstrom and Mailloux. They have very big potential.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Rogle will face Timra in a Best-of-3 Play-In Series.

Game 1 is on Thursday and Game 2 is on Saturday. Game 3 is TBD if necessary.

The hope is Rogle loses both games. Because then Engstrom can become available as soon as Sunday to come over.

He would need to sign his ELC starting next year and join Laval on an AHL ATO to be eligible for the playoffs.

Reactions: Leto

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Rogle will face Timra in a Best-of-3 Play-In Series.

Game 1 is on Thursday and Game 2 is on Saturday. Game 3 is TBD if necessary.

The hope is Rogle loses both games. Because then Engstrom can become available as soon as Sunday to come over.

He would need to sign his ELC starting next year and join Laval on an AHL ATO to be eligible for the playoffs.

I would rather Engstrom has a long playoff with Rogle, and then come to Laval. Playoff experience is valuable

Reactions: DAChampion

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
him and Volokhin! Dude's lateral movements are so fast, he's like a jebus damn pinball between the pipes ...
It's not easy to watch either and the only goalie prospect we ever hyped accurately was Carey Price. We've largely under or over rated every other goalie prospect we've ever had.

Reactions: dralaf

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Adam Engstrom is such a huge steal. I would take him in 1st round in a 2022 re-draft.

Found that type of talent in 3rd round, that help the rebuild, for sure.

Reactions: themilosh

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
They gonna have to adjust to the ice rink size, style of play, and off ice lifestyle in MTL. Lots of changes for young men. I really hope Engstrom is not another Norlinder.

Nothing to compare with Norlinder. Engstrom is much more promising, much more complete player aswell. Engstrom have top 3-4 D potential without a doubt. I will be not surprise if he develop into a top pairing D, he have a huge potential.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
To me he's our most underrated prospect.

Him and Kapanen for sure.....the Volokhin proposition is a house of cards imo as is the nature with most young goalies, especially when they are on very good teams in a weak junior league.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdk

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I agree with you.

I believe in Hutson talent, I see him to become a elite PP unit player. At 5v5, he should play with Reinbacher.

Engstrom, he fit perfectly on top 4. He is a two-way D, with good offensive talent. He will shine with his style of play, nothing comparable with Norlinder, huge difference.

I have big big hope for Engstrom and Mailloux. They have very big potential.

I am cautious with Engstrom. I actually think he should have been drafted higher because he has good defensive IQ, good transition game. However he is not an offensive dynamo : don‘t forget he has much more space on Euro ice rinks. For me his upside 2nd pairing two way D as you mentioned but I would not count on him to be a huge producer in the NHL except if MTL manages to play a very possession heavy game where his passing can be taken advantage of.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
They gonna have to adjust to the ice rink size, style of play, and off ice lifestyle in MTL. Lots of changes for young men. I really hope Engstrom is not another Norlinder.

I don't think he is another Norlinder as he appears to be much smarter and is also bigger as well as Hockeydb still has his height/weight incorrectly listed as they are cluelessly still posting a retired Swedish player of the same name's height and weight lol.

Reactions: mdk and Runner77

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He may end up being a bust but they are very different players.

Norlinder is an offense first player relying on his skating totake advantage of open ice, he has not managed to adapt to NA yet. Engstrom is more cerebral, a better passer, better defensively but does not have the offensive flashes Norlinder displayed earlier in his career.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He may end up being a bust but they are very different players.

Norlinder is an offense first player relying on his skating totake advantage of open ice, he has not managed to adapt to NA yet. Engstrom is more cerebral, a better passer, better defensively but does not have the offensive flashes Norlinder displayed earlier in his career.

I would disagree with the assertion that Norlinder was in any may a more demonstrably gifted offensive player and submit that Engstrom looks better in every facet of the game. Engstrom has been more productive at every level and don't forget that we drafted Norlinder as a 19 year old so Engstrom is still a full year of development behind Norlinder as a D+2 and is visibly superior at absolutely everything other than maybe his wrist shot but even that is up for debate as we just haven't seen enough to make a concrete conclusion.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The countdown for Engstrom's arrival in Laval begins today. Game 1 of their Best-of-3 Play-In series is today @ 2PM ET vs. Timra.

Game 1 is today. Game 2 is Saturday. And Game 3, if necessary, is on Sunday.

So if Rogle is eliminated by Timra, Engstrom can become available by Monday. However, if Rogle wins the series, they get into the Quarter-Final round and play Best-of-7 series.

Reactions: dralaf

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
The countdown for Engstrom's arrival in Laval begins today. Game 1 of their Best-of-3 Play-In series is today @ 2PM ET vs. Timra.

Game 1 is today. Game 2 is Saturday. And Game 3, if necessary, is on Sunday.

So if Rogle is eliminated by Timra, Engstrom can become available by Monday. However, if Rogle wins the series, they get into the Quarter-Final round and play Best-of-7 series.
Who's the best team Timra or Roggle?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad