Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Marco Kasper? More like Marco 'Klutz-per' on the ice! He couldn't score if the net was as wide as the rink!

4tZU.gif

... I didn't hear a bell.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
A new day brings us a new thread for discussion of Marco Kasper. Not why we should keep sucking for higher draft picks.
So, in this four page essay, I intend to elucidate on the many reasons the Detroit Red Wings should continue to avail themselves of the lottery draft system...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Czarnik's contract expires at the end of this season. Do you think we run Kasper and Lombardi as the #1 and #2 center's in GR next year? Or do they sign a veteran?

Would like to see Kasper have a big off-season in the gym and then come in next year and be the #1C and produce something around .75 PPG, ideally.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Czarnik's contract expires at the end of this season. Do you think we run Kasper and Lombardi as the #1 and #2 center's in GR next year? Or do they sign a veteran?

Would like to see Kasper have a big off-season in the gym and then come in next year and be the #1C and produce something around .75 PPG, ideally.

Are you expecting Danielson to make the Wings' roster?

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing

Re-sign Czarnik, Luff, Hirose, Gettinger, Newpower and Hutchinson. GR re-signs Didier and Spezia. Also sign Savage and Buium, Wings would have to find one d-man.

Hirose - Czarnik - Luff
Mazur - Kasper - Söderblom
Lombardi - Danielson - Gettinger
Hanas - Savage - Shine
Spezia

Wallinder - Tuomisto
X - Rafferty
Buium - Didier
Viro - Newpower

Cossa
Hutchinson

PP1
Luff(net front)
Czarnik(wall) - Kasper(slot) - Hirose(wall)
Tuomisto

PP2
Söderblom(net front)
Danielson(wall) - Mazur(slot) - Lombardi(wall)
Rafferty

PK1
Kasper-Danielson
Savage-Gettinger/Shine

Big role for Kasper and if Czarnik & Luff remains as first callups, Kasper's role gets even bigger. I think Lombardi is better suited as a winger but when Czarnik gets called up Lombardi gets center duties. Or just keep driving Lombardi in as a winger, Gettinger has played as a center this season. He seems to be jack of all trades center, winger, top-6, bottom-6.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Are you expecting Danielson to make the Wings' roster?
I actually do.

I just see waaay to much larkin in him to not think it. He showed up in preseason against players like tavares and mathews, was put out there for the 5 on 3 pk against them too and did very well. I think he is just so level headed that it'll be a foregone conclusion by end of training camp that he will make it barring major injuries.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Scored last night!

Figured we'd bump this name because he's got about 10 days or whatever of possible trade rumors for him.

Things have been silent regarding most prospects outside of Berggren possibly moving.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Connor Zary is the guy I look at and hope Kasper can mirror over the next 2 years:

Kasper, current +2 season: .48 PPG in AHL (23 pts in 48 games)

Zary, +2 season: .47 ppg in AHL (25 pts in 53 games)
Zary, +3 season: .80 ppg in AHL (58 pts in 72 games)
Zary, +4 season: .59 ppg in NHL (29 pts in 49 games)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Connor Zary is the guy I look at and hope Kasper can mirror over the next 2 years:

I’ll shoot higher and say Adrian Kempe. Kempe and Kasper had very similar play styles/ skill sets as prospects.

Draft year Kempe: 0.24 ppg in SHL (11 pts in 45 games)
Draft year Kasper: 0.24 ppg in SHL (11 pts in 46 games)
Draft+1 Kempe: 0.34 ppg in SHL (17 pts in 50 games)
Draft+1 Kasper: 0.44 ppg in SHL (23 pts in 52 games)
Draft+2 Kempe: 0.51 ppg in AHL (28 pts in 55 games)
Draft+2 Kasper: 0.48 ppg in AHL (23 pts in 48 games)

Kempe then split his D+3 between the NHL and AHL.

Though looking further, Kempe took a while to really be productive in the NHL compared to where Zary is now. Didn’t realize Zary’s current numbers were that good.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Kasper's numbers are heavily skewed by starting with like 1 point in his first 17 right? Considering how much he's picked it up I'm not really worried.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

That's factoring Kasper's cold streak coming to the Griffins with no camp and coming back from injury. Look at his last 25 games instead. It's a better indicator of who Kasper is and likely closer to Zary's 0.8ppg in his D+3. Also, Kasper is a LOT more physical than Zary.

I hate to say this but Cory Pronman said that Kasper reminded him of Sam Bennett. Similar height/weight, though Kasper is a much better skater currently, and I think he's a better playmaker. Both are pretty physical.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kasper's numbers are heavily skewed by starting with like 1 point in his first 17 right? Considering how much he's picked it up I'm not really worried.

AHL has made game logs available on their website.

1 pt in last 6 games. If anything i would say the 2 games against Manitoba skewed the numbers upward.

Edit: the link is to Marco's game log, not AHL main page

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
If Kasper turns into Sam Bennett, I'll take that all day at 8th overall. Playoff Sam Bennett is a whole 'nother beast too. Players like Kasper who are not expected to drive a team but play their own role in a secondary scorer kind of way are pretty overlooked pieces on cup contenders.

I remember Tom Wilson playing on the top line in the 2018 playoffs. The guy forechecked like a wrecking ball and had enough scoring touch to fit there. I saw defensemen watch him coming and have to panic with the puck because he was so fast and huge with decent skill. Few more inches than Kasper but I think Marco has more skill in getting plays off the boards too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad