Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Interesting tidbit in below article talks about how he has delayed bone growth and has another year of growth in him. So while he’s small, he’s still growing.

A report from Hutson’s endocrinologist indicated his bone age is delayed relative to his biological age, which means his frame still has more than a full year of additional bone growth to go.

I find this both fascinating and hilarious that they felt the need to do this, but I guess you only get drafted once and he wanted to plead his case

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Excellent pick. Love this player. Best value pick of the draft. Should have been a 1st rounder on upside.

Not a slam dunk, but great chance he ends up as the best transition defenseman of the draft.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It might not seem like a great comparable but he really reminds me of Mete... If Mete had any offensive bone in his body.

Mete made the NHL on pure skating, positioning, and puck movement in his own zone. Hutson to me is all that and then able to QB a PP with lots of offensive upside.

Mete would've benefited mightily from having someone like MSL. Hopefuly we get it right this time around.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Better numbers than Quinn Hughes at same age. Like this pick a lot, hope he grows a bit to help his reach/frame.

Reactions: themilosh

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Better numbers than Quinn Hughes at same age. Like this pick a lot, hope he grows a bit to help his reach/frame.
Quinn was 1 year younger when he played for the USNDP ;)

Better numbers than Fox tho :laugh:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Quinn was 1 year younger when he played for the USNDP ;)

Thought Quinn was a late birthday. That's why he was in NCAA pre-draft. Granted I'm not serious, I know Hughes is better. He had a way worse u18 roster.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Interesting tidbit in below article talks about how he has delayed bone growth and has another year of growth in him. So while he’s small, he’s still growing.

A report from Hutson’s endocrinologist indicated his bone age is delayed relative to his biological age, which means his frame still has more than a full year of additional bone growth to go.

It’s an accurate test … using bone age to chart his growth rather chronological age. Having said that, at 18, he’s running out of runway. At this point it would be pretty rare to grow more than another inch or two.

Love the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad