2022-23 QMJHL Season Predictions

Teaspoon salami

Oct 6, 2019
I haven’t seen a thread on this yet, and the season has just begun, so I’m just curious what predictions you have on where teams rank, the standings of each team and/or player production predictions. Leaving the thread pretty open.

hfxeagle

Aug 30, 2022
I'd have the divisions something like this as of now -

MARITIME
Halifax
Moncton
Bathurst
Cape Breton
Charlottetown
Saint John

EAST
Quebec
Rimouski
Baie-Comeau
Chicoutimi

CENTRAL
Sherbrooke
Drummondville
Victoriaville
Shawinigan

WEST
Gatineau
BLB
Rouyn-Noranda
Val d'Or

Quebec and Gatineau to be the top class, Sherbrooke pushing them. Halifax will look close because their division will be trash, they will need to add pieces if they want to contend this year but have the flexibility to do so..

The bottom 4 in the Maritimes could be in any order, depending who sells hardest at Christmas. Bathurst look real weak if they lose Kidney and Melanson. Charlottetown/SJ are the worst teams in the league on paper. Hulton factor will see the Islanders higher. I've seen people putting CB 9th/10th overall but I don't think they are out of the woods yet, it will be a tough year but with some exciting young players.

Val d'Or have a good top end on paper but no depth and will tank hard when Robidas, Doucet, and McCallum are sold. Baie-Comeau will be a surprise I think, I could see a tough year for Chicoutimi in the east.

Really, to me, the bottom two in every division are more or less interchangeable, and something very odd would have to happen for each of the teams I have at the top to not win their divisions fairly comfortably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad