Line Combos: 2022/23 Lineup Projections

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I just do not see C. Brown back next year. I do like him, but I just do not see the fit long term.

This team is going nowhere without some real changes, we have a nice core, but having a $5 million dollar man on the 4th line makes no sense to me.

The whole re-build needs to be re-assessed.

As long as DJ is here, Connor will be here. He won't be playing 4th line. Connor is fine. We have much bigger fish to fry.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I just do not see C. Brown back next year. I do like him, but I just do not see the fit long term.

This team is going nowhere without some real changes, we have a nice core, but having a $5 million dollar man on the 4th line makes no sense to me.

The whole re-build needs to be re-assessed.

He's signed through next season to an awesome contract. Do you expect he'll be traded?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He's signed through next season to an awesome contract. Do you expect he'll be traded?
He will also become a 29 year old UFA the following season,need to figure this stuff out sooner than later...Too many times this team has waited too long and has tanked any hope for a reasonable solution ,either through a fair trade or contract ...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For me the biggest question and problem PD needs to address is Zub,if we are signing him we need to start immediately...Not wait until the last possible moment,I favor resigning him to a decent length deal as a solid top RHD is almost impossible to find

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He will also become a 29 year old UFA the following season,need to figure this stuff out sooner than later...Too many times this team has waited too long and has tanked any hope for a reasonable solution ,either through a fair trade or contract ...
If we don’t re-sign Brown you trade him at next years deadline. No need to rush it, we still need players who can play.

Reactions: DrEasy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we don’t re-sign Brown you trade him at next years deadline. No need to rush it, we still need players who can play.
For him this is a likely scenario,but for a player like Zub???I think its more complicated

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
For me the biggest question and problem PD needs to address is Zub,if we are signing him we need to start immediately...Not wait until the last possible moment,I favor resigning him to a decent length deal as a solid top RHD is almost impossible to find

Zub, to me, is priority number 1 this off-season. Not close. We absolutely need Zub.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think they should be re-signing these UFAs, Paul, Holden, Forsberg & Heatherington this off season probably for a yr & not much longer this yr & next yr C. Brown & Zub.

Of the RFAs they should be re-signing Formenton, Norris & Brannstrom if they haven't traded him yet & maybe Gambrell. The rest of the UFAs & RFAs are probably not worth keeping & they should move on from.

Reactions: topshelf15

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't know if I would sign Zub for more than 3 yrs, he's already 26 yrs old & they have two other younger RD in JBD & Thomson who are inching closer to being NHL ready. Than there is Brannstrom who can play both sides & it's quite likely they could draft a RD in this upcoming draft that has a number of RD available.

Obviously none of them are as good as Zub today, but he has at least 5 yrs on them & it's not to say they couldn't be as good some day soon. If Zub is signed for 5 yrs than it's most likely that they will move on from a couple of these D previously mentioned.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Murray will be gone and White will be bought out. It's inevitable for Murray. There is zero chance we are bringing him back after demoting him to AHL. We will attach a nice piece with him like Brannstrom, unfortunately. White will be bought out or traded for pucks. We will use that on Giroux and Colin Miller or similar players via UFA/Trade.

View attachment 495456

I hope you are right, but all of this does seem a little optimistic. Maybe I'm missing something with Colin Miller, but if we somehow acquire a vet defender, I'm hoping its something better than Miller. Maybe his more recent play with the Sabres is better than before - idk.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't know if I would sign Zub for more than 3 yrs, he's already 26 yrs old & they have two other younger RD in JBD & Thomson who are inching closer to being NHL ready. Than there is Brannstrom who can play both sides & it's quite likely they could draft a RD in this upcoming draft that has a number of RD available.

Obviously none of them are as good as Zub today, but he has at least 5 yrs on them & it's not to say they couldn't be as good some day soon. If Zub is signed for 5 yrs than it's most likely that they will move on from a couple of these D previously mentioned.
I say sign him ,and move him as the other defenders mature...What cant happen is him walking out the door for peanuts or nothing at all

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Zub needs to be signed, but pretty sure he can’t be signed until he’s in his final year.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think they should be re-signing these UFAs, Paul, Holden, Forsberg & Heatherington this off season probably for a yr & not much longer this yr & next yr C. Brown & Zub.

Of the RFAs they should be re-signing Formenton, Norris & Brannstrom if they haven't traded him yet & maybe Gambrell. The rest of the UFAs & RFAs are probably not worth keeping & they should move on from.

Yeah, big no to Gambrell unless he signs a two-way. Holden I'd re-sign. Forsberg only if he accepts a one year. Heatherington only a two-way.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
For him this is a likely scenario,but for a player like Zub???I think its more complicated
Zub needs to be re-signed this summer. Hopefully Dorion realizes that you make room for JBD and Thomson by moving Zaitsev with a sweetener after next season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Zub needs to be signed, but pretty sure he can’t be signed until he’s in his final year.
July 1st or one year out,we can also talk to him or his agent beforehand just cant announce any signing until July 1st

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Need to trade/sign a legit top-six forward to come close to the playoffs

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That’s right, final year starts July 1.
btw was just pointing out, he can’t be signed immediately.
Yep ,but PD cant drag his feet here get on this now and announce a deal in July not trade him at the TDL as a deperate team

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I say sign him ,and move him as the other defenders mature...What cant happen is him walking out the door for peanuts or nothing at all

As I said, I would sign him but not for more than 3 yrs because of who we have coming & age. I think they might also be interested in what he could get in a trade to fill a number of needs next yr.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
As I said, I would sign him but not for more than 3 yrs because of who we have coming & age. I think they might also be interested in what he could get in a trade to fill a number of needs next yr.
I don’t get the age issue. His game is perfectly suited to not declining in his early 30s. This isn’t a scoring forward who peaks in their mid 20s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad