Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Any word on what the injury is? I know, silly me.

Did he finish the game against Detroit? It's not probable, but I wonder if they're just giving him a game off to rest. Although, Idk why you'd do that against a western conference team that you're in direct competition with for a wild card spot.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
f*** off, Jared. I can see him saying this with a sheepish grin.
LOL, Absolutely. He said 4 days ago that Nuke wasn't close, then he played the next game.

It will be a long term injury. Avs never have short term injuries

Watch Makar end up being the one on LTIR until playoffs.
I wouldn't be shocked if he misses the rest of the games up to the ASB, and the AS Game, and then returns.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
f*** off, Jared. I can see him saying this with a sheepish grin.

Despite what the club tells him to do, at times I feel like he gets off on being so vague.
What is he suppose to say? Pretty sure he's as frustrated as we all are. Probably even more. He just got Nuke back and was as happy as he can be, just to turn around and lose his arguably most important player for an unknown timeframe.

Things are gotten worse when it looked like they are about to get better. Avs hockey baby!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Makar's out long-term I think the Avs will just write this season off. Ain't no way they even make the postseason with three of their top four defensemen out with injury, two of them not coming back until after the ASG, if that.

Reactions: Azrael89

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If Makar's out long-term I think the Avs will just write this season off. Ain't no way they even make the postseason with three of their top four defensemen out with injury, two of them not coming back until after the ASG, if that.
Depends how the next games go but if we go on a losing streak we are close to done for the season. We need to build on this streak right now. Let's see how the team responds.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
What is he suppose to say? Pretty sure he's as frustrated as we all are. Probably even more. He just got Nuke back and was as happy as he can be, just to turn around and lose his arguably most important player for an unknown timeframe.

Things are gotten worse when it looked like they are about to get better. Avs hockey baby!
I'm at the point where I'd just rather have him say that he won't answer any more questions about injuries so we don't have to hear him just spew lies before and after every game. He never tells the truth, so why bother asking him, or for that matter, him answering? Sometimes I wonder if he even knows. Other times, I think he just likes f***ing with everyone. Either tell everyone the truth or just don't say anything. I don't get being coy about it. It's not like other teams are gonna drastically change their game plans because some guys may or may not play. Once the puck drops, they will adjust within a few shifts. The whole thing is stupid.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Did you guys see this twitter account?

Injuries are not excuse but they do affect a lot!

That was from January 7th

I remember Kekalainen talking about injuries and the playoff chance, if your team loses 300 games for injuries (player out from a game), it's tough to make the playoffs.

We will probably end up there and injuries happened to very high level players, so it makes it worse.

Columbus will have this season 500-600 games lost. Sick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad