Injury Report: 2022-23 Injury Thread Part 2: HF's longest ever thread

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I feel awful for Landy. I really do.

I don’t feel bad for how he is dragging along his possible return. He’s missing 2 entire seasons of hockey….he isn’t coming back as Landy or coming back at all to be honest.

Can we just let the team move on…find a bonafide 2nd line centre, with Gabes salary. Name a new C (Makar) and establish a new identity. Sounds harsh. I know. But if Chicago being handed the 1st overall is any indication. Money and business is all that matters. I dont know what Gabe is pretending to do but it’s not good for the org. Which is all that should matter, right Gary?

If you couldn’t tell a lurker has checked out on the “potentially rigged” nhl.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I would love to name a new captain because I don't think teams without captains should be a thing but I doubt the Avs will name a new captain despite Landeskog likely not returning until 24-25.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So we know Marc Methot says this surgery basically ended his career and reading Twitter, former NHLer Eric Tangradi also says the exact same surgery ended his career. Add to that Lonzo Ball having this same surgery and many believing his career in the NBA is over at the age of 25.

Yeah... shit looking bleak for Gabe.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I would love to name a new captain because I don't think teams without captains should be a thing but I doubt the Avs will name a new captain despite Landeskog likely not returning until 24-25.
My question is will they name a capital if he goes on ltir for the rest of that contract. I’m ok with the team sticking with him through next season if it’s longer might be time. JMO

Reactions: Reparlana

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
MacK, Mikko and Makar wear the 3 As right now. Who are we giving it to? Makar is the most level-headed of the 3, But the team seems to fallow, MacK. However, MacK has stated in the past he's not very vocal and only speaks out when he has too. Mikko wears the A, but I don't think he's the man for the job. He just doesn't seem like the captain type, but then again, we don't really know what he's like in the locker room.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
MacK, Mikko and Makar wear the 3 As right now. Who are we giving it to? Makar is the most level-headed of the 3, But the team seems to fallow, MacK. However, MacK has stated in the past he's not very vocal and only speaks out when he has too. Mikko wears the A, but I don't think he's the man for the job. He just doesn't seem like the captain type, but then again, we don't really know what he's like in the locker room.
You give it to Cale because he's willing to do all the extra shit Landeskog would do as the captain.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Makar would be most likely. Mack doesn’t really scream captain material and Mikko not that long ago needed help lacing up his skates from big brother Gabe.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
JTC

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
64E36919-BD9F-4D52-9B4B-CC5EF272528B.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man kills me to say but I think this may be the end of the line for Landy as far as being an iimpact player is concerned. Sucks but even if he does recover, missing the time he will have missed at 30-31 with already having done multiple knee procedures doesn't bode well going forward. Landy's knee is our new Foppa's feet....

tron-end-of-line.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

I don’t feel bad for how he is dragging along his possible return. He’s missing 2 entire seasons of hockey….he isn’t coming back as Landy or coming back at all to be honest.

Can we just let the team move on…find a bonafide 2nd line centre, with Gabes salary. Name a new C (Makar) and establish a new identity. Sounds harsh. I know. But if Chicago being handed the 1st overall is any indication. Money and business is all that matters. I dont know what Gabe is pretending to do but it’s not good for the org. Which is all that should matter, right Gary?

giphy.gif

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Wow, that's one of the worst takes I've read on this website in some time and I've seen the dieze posts. He's not pretending, the guy wants to come back. Even if he's not the same Landy he wants to be an nhl player still. His whole identity revolves around it. That being said he's going to take the money if he cant play. They signed a contract and you would have to be a moron not to. It's not like he isn't trying to get better either. It's like the Shea weber or Carey price situation, obviously if they could come back they would but that doesn't mean they are going to retire and forgo generational wealth.
I never said he was pretending to be hurt.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Pretending to do? Hurt the organization?

Couldn't be more wrong. Hurting the organization would be more of the same: more rehab and then give it a try during the season only to come to the same conclusion that was realistic months before. At least this way it clarifies a path ahead that also allows the organization to plan and move ahead with greater certainty.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad