Injury Report: 2022-23 Injuries: Point, Jeannot, Eyssimont, Cernak, Hedman

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Where did you read this?
I believe the League announced yesterday that he actually got three, which many Toronto fans feel is too many. For an organization as steeped in tradition as the Maple Leafs are, most of the current generation of fans really have little to no knowledge of the game outside of their home arena.
Used to feel Sabres fans were the worst homers in the league but they have NOTHING on Maple Leafs supporters.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I believe the League announced yesterday that he actually got three, which many Toronto fans feel is too many. For an organization as steeped in tradition as the Maple Leafs are, most of the current generation of fans really have little to no knowledge of the game outside of their home arena.
Used to feel Sabres fans were the worst homers in the league but they have NOTHING on Maple Leafs supporters.
Ya i was just curious which publication incorrectly reported 2 games

Reactions: Crunchrulz

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
I don't think anyone thinks hes washed, hes just a black hole for offense. Defensively hes sound.
I know that this is not the general opinion and that I am a bit biased about it.
I said the same thing last year about Paul's centering the PK1.
Sorry, but Celery is often out of position and PEB is much more active in cutting lines

Sure, for those who summarize a player by his point stats, Bellemare is an offensive black hole this season (albeit with few minutes at 5vs5 and often against much better lines)

His job is to win faceoffs, PK and counterbalance those who don't put in the defensive effort - just look at the games where he wasn't there to see that

That said happy to see Cirelli having a good game

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Cernak is at least out because he consistently puts his body on the line, seeing Hedman out while he's played some soft ass defense for the last 2 years is frustrating.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The victim complex really is something to see.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Something must have really flared up towards the end of the season. It’s too bad more time off wasn’t provided so you have to assume Heddy didn’t need it until that season finale. We’ve had 8 D up on the roster most of the season

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I guess we'll find out in a week or a month what's up with Hedman. As for the rest we absolutely need Cerny back and despite winning every fight a Leaf is stupid enough to accept against him, I'd rather have Esseymont over Jeannot. We need speed and tenacity on the puck more than winning fights.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I heard on the radio that Point may be hurt. If so why not run their players?

Seriously, why not?
He left the game after being boarded, but thankfully came back.

As for the reason why we didn't, it was 3-2 at the moment. Do something stupid and risk putting Toronto's pp on the ice when they can't really do much 5 on 5. Maybe if we had a bigger lead you could stir things up. Jeannot did start to take aim at every Leaf in sight, but made sure to not cross the line.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

As for the reason why we didn't, it was 3-2 at the moment. Do something stupid and risk putting Toronto's pp on the ice when they can't really do much 5 on 5. Maybe if we had a bigger lead you could stir things up.

Nevermind. I'm just mad.

Reactions: JoVel

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

As for the reason why we didn't, it was 3-2 at the moment. Do something stupid and risk putting Toronto's pp on the ice when they can't really do much 5 on 5. Maybe if we had a bigger lead you could stir things up. Jeannot did start to take aim at every Leaf in sight, but made sure to not cross the line.
Maybe if we board someone we will get a powerplay? Or Chris Simon someone? Idk. Seemed to work tonight.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hopefully Cernak will be ready for the next game, but I don't want them to rush him. Concussions are no joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad