Prospect Info: [2022 - 216th] Miguel Tourigny

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Another player that we need to sign before June 1st, 2024. What's the deal with him ? Do we keep him ? I expect he's no more than ECHL/AHL player.
To be fair to the kid, he never got much of a chance with all the young Dmen in the pipeline. It's hard to get a proper gauge on his potential when he spent the entire season in the ECHL. Mailloux,Struble, Trudeau and co. never got injured, so the door never got open for a call up.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Might get an AHL deal but he's not getting a contract slot.

I'm surprised they haven't called him up at all this year. I thought he'd have gotten AHL games by now. If anything, to see if he can earn an ELC. The way they let RHP, Simoneau & now Davidson get AHL games and evaluate if they earn an ELC (RHP and Simoneau did and Davidson is earning one).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen him all year but I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back since no U-22 blueliner in the ECHL has put up more points then him. They do have a lot of incoming guys so we'll have to see how tight it gets with the 50 limit but I would at least give him an AHL contract. NHL is tougher since they need to figure out and make sure all these incoming D have the proper amount of TOI.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Tourigny is similar to Lane Hutson. Not as good overall, but a very small D, good offensively, and poor defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad