Speculation: 2022-2023 Winnipeg Jets Opening Day Lineup Wants/Speculation/Predictions

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With a long summer ahead of us, I think it would be cool to see the evolution of peoples predictions/hopes for how the lineup shakes out, as signings and trades happen throughout the summer.

Post below your predictions/hopes for how the lineup could look for opening day next year, feel free to include any trades or signings you could see happening. Will be neat to see how close or far off it ends up being.

Current Depth Chart: Winnipeg Jets Depth Charts Roster and Line Projection - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Pending UFAS: 2022 NHL Free Agents - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

For me, I'm hoping the Jets are able to add size and NHL quality depth throughout their forwards, the bottom 6 was painful to watch this year. Having the kind of depth in my prediction/hopeful lineup with a coach like Trotz should make for a pretty good team.

My pre-draft / free agency prediction:
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Connor - Dubois - Wheeler
Nichushkin - Perfetti - Ehlers
Lafreniere - Stastny - Appleton
Barron - Lowry - Kassian

Extras: Gustavsson, Reichel

Morrissey - Schmidt
Samberg - Pionk
Heinola - Demelo

Extras: Stanley

Hellebuyck
Comrie

Trades:
Scheifele for Lafreniere + Futures?
Dillon for Kassian + Pick?

UFA Signings:
Nichushkin
Stastny

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Tons of size and scoring throughout the forwards on every line, and all NHL caliber players with only Barron as question mark.

Dillon trade might not look great on the surface but clears room for Heinola to come in, while getting the Jets more picks and replacing some of what Dillon brought in toughness with Kassian. The 4RW spot is looking pretty rough in the Jets system and UFA in general, and I think he would pair nicely with Lowry. I'd imagine the Oilers would be all over that deal on their end too depending on what round the pick is.

As for the Scheifele move I still think he's probably gone but if you plug him in at C on the 3rd line instead of Perfetti and put Cole on the wing the lineup still looks great. Basically put any top 6 forward part of a Scheifele trade return in for Lafreniere and the lineup looks good, I was just having trouble coming up with a prediction of who the return for Mark would be.

I think getting a guy like Nichushkin would absolutely transform the lineup either way and would love to see the Jets find a way to fit him in. Would help with integrating Chibrikov and Rashevsky the next couple years as well when they come over.

I didn't think too hard about the cap but subtracting 6mil for Scheif and 4mil for Dillon should be enough to make it work ball-parking in my head (5.5 for Nishushkin is what I'm thinking).

Curious to see how the rest of you want to see the lineup shape up for next fall!

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
With a long summer ahead of us, I think it would be cool to see the evolution of peoples predictions/hopes for how the lineup shakes out, as signings and trades happen throughout the summer.

Post below your predictions/hopes for how the lineup could look for opening day next year, feel free to include any trades or signings you could see happening. Will be neat to see how close or far off it ends up being.

Current Depth Chart: Winnipeg Jets Depth Charts Roster and Line Projection - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Pending UFAS: 2022 NHL Free Agents - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

For me, I'm hoping the Jets are able to add size and NHL quality depth throughout their forwards, the bottom 6 was painful to watch this year. Having the kind of depth in my prediction/hopeful lineup with a coach like Trotz should make for a pretty good team.

My pre-draft / free agency prediction:
Connor - Dubois - Wheeler
Nichushkin - Perfetti - Ehlers
Lafreniere - Stastny - Appleton
Barron - Lowry - Kassian

Extras: Gustavsson, Reichel

Morrissey - Schmidt
Samberg - Pionk
Heinola - Demelo

Extras: Stanley

Hellebuyck
Comrie

Trades:
Scheifele for Lafreniere + Futures?
Dillon for Kassian + Pick?

UFA Signings:
Nichushkin
Stastny

Tons of size and scoring throughout the forwards on every line, and all NHL caliber players with only Barron as question mark.

Dillon trade might not look great on the surface but clears room for Heinola to come in, while getting the Jets more picks and replacing some of what Dillon brought in toughness with Kassian. The 4RW spot is looking pretty rough in the Jets system and UFA in general, and I think he would pair nicely with Lowry. I'd imagine the Oilers would be all over that deal on their end too depending on what round the pick is.

As for the Scheifele move I still think he's probably gone but if you plug him in at C on the 3rd line instead of Perfetti and put Cole on the wing the lineup still looks great. Basically put any top 6 forward part of a Scheifele trade return in for Lafreniere and the lineup looks good, I was just having trouble coming up with a prediction of who the return for Mark would be.

I think getting a guy like Nichushkin would absolutely transform the lineup either way and would love to see the Jets find a way to fit him in. Would help with integrating Chibrikov and Rashevsky the next couple years as well when they come over.

I didn't think too hard about the cap but subtracting 6mil for Scheif and 4mil for Dillon should be enough to make it work ball-parking in my head (5.5 for Nishushkin is what I'm thinking).

Curious to see how the rest of you want to see the lineup shape up for next fall!
-3.9 in dillon +3.2 kassian + 863k heinola so you'd end up with less capspace with that trade + dillon still has value where as kassian is a complete dump so the add would need to be a lot more then just a pick

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
-3.9 in dillon +3.2 kassian + 863k heinola so you'd end up with less capspace with that trade + dillon still has value where as kassian is a complete dump so the add would need to be a lot more then just a pick
I didn't realize how bad that Kassian contract was lol, probably better targets then for a hockey trade with a Dillon swap.

Reactions: gojetsgo

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Connor-PLD-perfetti 17m
Ehlers-stas-bertuzzi 15m
Barron-frost-apples 5m
Gus-lowry-wheeler 13m
Harkins-svech 2m

Jomo-demelo 9m
Samberg-pionk 7m
Dillon-heinola 5m
Kova or chisholm 1m

Helle-cossa 7m

Scheif, Gawanke for Bert (signed and border crossing sorted), Cossa - I would try for veleno as well
Stanley for Frost or Tippett
Schmidt to LA for picks

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Connor-PLD-perfetti 17m
Ehlers-stas-bertuzzi 15m
Barron-frost-apples 5m
Gus-lowry-wheeler 13m
Harkins-svech 2m

Jomo-demelo 9m
Samberg-pionk 7m
Dillon-heinola 5m
Kova or chisholm 1m

Helle-cossa 7m

Scheif, Gawanke for Bert (signed and border crossing sorted), Cossa - I would try for veleno as well
Stanley for Frost or Tippett
Schmidt to LA for picks

1. Border crossing sorted means either Bertuzzi getting vaccinated (you'd think he would have by now) or the rules changing, which could happen but there hasn't been any talk that that's going to happen.
2. Detroit isn't a team I see wanting to go for it next season given the buzz saw division they're in, and even if they are, trading their basically PPG player and 2nd leading scorer seems like more of a sideways move than an upgrade for them.
3. Stanley doesn't come close to getting Frost or Tippett.
4. I'd rather move Dillon, keep Schmidt on the right, and not have Heinola play on his offhand side.

Reactions: Ossific

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Connor-PLD-Svechnikov
Lundell-Kadri-Ehlers
Perfetti-Stastny-Wheeler
Barron-Lowry-Appleton

Morrissey-Weegar
Samberg-Pionk
Dillon-DeMelo

Scheifele, Heinola, 14OA for Lundell and Weegar
Schmidt to DET
Kadri signed for an assload

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

SSC4me

Jun 7, 2021
Connor Scheifele Ehlers
Neitteriter Dubois Perfetti
Baron Stastny Wheeler
Gustafsson Lowry Appleton
Morrissey Theodore
Samberg Pionk
Stanley Demelo

Heinola and 1/22 for Theodore
Nietterieter FA
Scheifele and Wheeler are under the light with new coaches.
Dillon, Schmidt traded for draft picks

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Here is my scenario:

Dubois signs a 6 year $8 million AAV deal
Scheifele and Stanley are traded to the NYI for Pulock, the 13th overall pick, and a B prospect
Dillion traded for a second and a third round pick
Pionk and a second traded to Philly of Travis Konecny
Valeri Nichushkin is signed to the Hyman deal 7@ $5.5 million AAV to get him to come here
Harkins is signed to his QO for the PB
Both Gus and Kovacevic accept less then their QO for one way deals
Comrie and Appelton earn raises
Stastny is inked to a one year $2.5 million deal

Below is my starting roster:

Forwards
LineLeft WingCenterRight WingTotal
1​
Connor, KylePierre-Luc DuboisKonecny, Travis-
-
Nichushkin, ValeriPerfetti, ColeEhlers, Nick-
-
3​
Stastny, PaulLowry, AdamWheeler, Blake-
-
Barron, MorganDavid GustaffsonAppelton, Mason-
1,500,000​
-
ExtrasHarkins, Jansen-
Froward total-
Defense-
PairLeft DefenseRight Defense-
1​
Morrissey, JoshPulock, Ryan-
6,150,000​
-
2​
Samberg, DylanSchmidt, Nate-
-
3Heinola, VilleDeMelo, Dylan-
-
ExtrasKovacevic, Jonathan-
Defense Total-
-
GoaliesStarterBackup-
Hellebuyck, ConnorComrie, Eric-
Less ELC bonuses
Buy out
Total cap hit
Estimated Cap Ceiling82,500,000.00
Total cap space available 163,726

Konecny goes to the top line as a feisty right shot RW
Perfetti is integrated at 2C

Each line in the top 6 has size and grit, speed to push teams back and a lot of skill.
The third line is a vet filled line that can play a more cycle based game in the offensive end but should have enough skill to produce some points if Lowry rebounds.
Fourth line is a line that should also be able to provide some energy and offense.

On defense you have two strong two-way top pairing dmen to anchor what should be a strong top pairing.
DeMelo should be more then capable of anchoring a strong third pairing with Heinola
The question mark is the second pairing but Schmidt played at a good second pairing level last year and Samberg showed a lot of promise as a defensive dmen.

As a whole the team is designed to have more balance. Our top 6 has more diversified mix, our bottom 6 should have enough size and skill to compete. On defense outside the top pairing each pair has a puck mover and a defensively responsible player to provide balance.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Here is my scenario:

Scheifele and Stanley are traded to the NYI for Pulock, the 13th overall pick, and a B prospect
Valeri Nichushkin is signed to the Hyman deal 7@ $5.5 million AAV to get him to come here

Forwards
1​
-
-
3​
-
1,500,000​
-
ExtrasHarkins, Jansen-
Froward total-
Defense-
1​
6,150,000​
-
2​
-
-
Defense Total-
-
GoaliesStarterBackup-
Less ELC bonuses
Buy out
Total cap hit
Total cap space available163,726

Each line in the top 6 has size and grit, speed to push teams back and a lot of skill.
The third line is a vet filled line that can play a more cycle based game in the offensive end but should have enough skill to produce some points if Lowry rebounds.
Fourth line is a line that should also be able to provide some energy and offense.

On defense you have two strong two-way top pairing dmen to anchor what should be a strong top pairing.
DeMelo should be more then capable of anchoring a strong third pairing with Heinola
The question mark is the second pairing but Schmidt played at a good second pairing level last year and Samberg showed a lot of promise as a defensive dmen.

As a whole the team is designed to have more balance. Our top 6 has more diversified mix, our bottom 6 should have enough size and skill to compete. On defense outside the top pairing each pair has a puck mover and a defensively responsible player to provide balance.
I like everything here with the exception of the Nichushkin contract. I like the idea of getting a skilled winger with size to play with your Perfetti/Ehlers line, but I don't expect Nichushkin to repeat his production from this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like everything here with the exception of the Nichushkin contract. I like the idea of getting a skilled winger with size to play with your Perfetti/Ehlers line, but I don't expect Nichushkin to repeat his production from this year.

Yeah I know it's an overpay. It just seems that is the going rate for these guys. Did you have anyone else in mind that would fit that role?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Connor-Dubois-Ehlers
Perfetti-Lowry-Wheeler
Barron-Harkins-Appleton
New Player-Toninato-Richel

Morrissey-Carlo
Schmidt-Pionk
Stanley-DeMelo

Hellebuyck
Comrie

It also depends on who gets hired as head coach of the Jets. I also think Lucius starts out with the Moose. I also am keeping into accountability of Dubois potentially being offer-sheeted and going to a new team.

I think the Jets trade Scheifele for Carlo, Lysell and 2 1sts.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Connor-Dubois-Ehlers
Perfetti-Lowry-Wheeler
Barron-Harkins-Appleton

Morrissey-Carlo
Schmidt-Pionk
Stanley-DeMelo

Hellebuyck
Comrie

It also depends on who gets hired as head coach of the Jets. I also think Lucius starts out with the Moose. I also am keeping into accountability of Dubois potentially being offer-sheeted and going to a new team.

might as well go full rebuild if this is our roster next year

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Connor-Dubois-Ehlers
Perfetti-Lowry-Wheeler
Barron-Harkins-Appleton

Morrissey-Carlo
Schmidt-Pionk
Stanley-DeMelo

Hellebuyck
Comrie

I think Perfetti needs a sniper on his line. He’ll be setting up people all year long and I don’t want the hands of Lowry or Wheeler anywhere near him.
I’d be fine with Lowry centering a real good 4th line and getting tons of penalty kill time.

Reactions: Hulide and surixon

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Scheif traded straight up for Suzuki.
Dillon, Declan Chisholm and a 1st for Konecny.
Barron goes to the farm.
Stastny signs for 1 x 3.25m.

Connor-Dubois-Ehlers
Perfetti-Suzuki-Konecny
Svech-Stastny-Wheeler
Gus-Lowry-Apples
Hark

Morrissey-Schmidt
Samberg-Pionk
Heinola-DeMelo
Stanley/Kovs

Hellebuyck Comrie

We need someone to play with JMo.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I wouldn't blow up this team. A new coach can change the tide of a team, like Darryl Sutter did in Calgary.

I'm thinking that Kadri walks, Forsberg walks (though my prediction is to L.A), Gaudreau signs in the East, and Klingberg isn't back on Dallas. Then you suspect Kane will get his moneyphone somewhere else after capitalizing on a playoff with two of the best in the league. So right there the West will change considerably.

Things to build off of. Connor-Dubois-Perfetti looked great.

I'd probably go with a 2nd line of Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler. I want to see a rebound season from Scheifele. Because people will forget last season quickly if he gets back to form.

Those would be my two scoring lines. I'd love to have Stastny back, but I don't think he'll be back. The window to win a Cup is closing for him.

I like Lowry-Appleton as a checking line, getting a scorer on that wing would help. But Lowry is still good at the shutdown role, and you know he's going to take the bulk of defensive zone draws.

How to improve the 4th line? This one is tough for me. I'd bring back Svetchnikov just based on his ability to play on the top line, so there is some insurance. I'd like to see Gustafsson come out of camp as the 4th line centre. I wouldn't give up on Harkins because he can play up the lineup.

Barron might be my choice ahead of him though. I'd also like to see Torgersson on Gustafsson's wing at some point, not sure what the development curve will be for the kid though.

I'd like to see Reichel get on the PK: great skaters, who aren't afraid to block shots, are assets at forward on the PK. I think Reichel is close to becoming a pro at the NHL level, he might be a guy that another team would pick up on waivers, so that's a tough decision.

Toninato has the one way contract, but he's not a game breaker for me. I'd just as soon see him mentoring Lucius on the Moose, and getting the odd call up.

I just wonder if the Jets will finally get away from playing their 4th line as 5 minute per game pawns, getting a 4th line that can score some goals takes pressure off the team, and doesn't make a defensive first checking line such an issue.

Defense I lean towards moving Dillon for a 2nd and prospect. I'm not sure he's going to get better with age.

I'd be comfortable with a defense of

Morrissey-Schmidt
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-De Melo

with Heinola pushing for Stanley's job, and Kovacevic as the #7/8. Maybe bring in Madison Bowey to compete with him in camp, as the RD depth is still thin. I think we need more out of Schmidt, and maybe new coaches push the right buttons.

Hellebuyck and Comrie as the goalies.

I'd move Berdin to a place where he has a chance to play. After 4 season he still hasn't played an NHL game, and I don't think there is confidence in him here. Doesn't seem like there is a spot in the A for him.

Big thing for me is not to make the same mistake Chevy did last year, where he committed to a 22 player roster that pushed right up to the Cap, so that injuries forced him to move a player out through the waiver wire, and he couldn't manoeuvre young players into the lineup. Or at least was unwilling to, as Vesalainen could have been demoted at any time, but there was something up there. I did notice that the Jets were more active with the emergency callups as the season went on, but that was after the Covid restrictions and taxi squad were lifted.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yeah I know it's an overpay. It just seems that is the going rate for these guys. Did you have anyone else in mind that would fit that role?
I'm not sure how likely some guys are to be available.

Mason Marchment is a name that comes to mind immediately, assuming Florida will be trying to re-up him.

I'd also be happier with Burakovsky, Strome, Trochek, Reilly Smith, or Palat than Nichushkin; but again I don't know if they're likely to re-up with their current teams. All of these guys would also be more expensive that Nichushkin too, so :dunno:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Mason Marchment is a name that comes to mind immediately, assuming Florida will be trying to re-up him.

I'd also be happier with Burakovsky, Strome, Trochek, Reilly Smith, or Palat than Nichushkin; but again I don't know if they're likely to re-up with their current teams. All of these guys would also be more expensive that Nichushkin too, so :dunno:

I didn't even think about Palat. He'd be a good fit there. He's played with smaller skilled guys like Kuch/Point so would likely be a good fit with Cole.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Better defense personnel. I think most of our d are playing a spot to high on the depth chart

Better bottom 6.... Every cup winning team has a 3rd line that can actually score.

A bit more physicality /bite/edge in the top 6. Not asking for a goon in the top 6 however a scoring forward that's able to hit, and mix it up. Asides from PLD our top 6 is soft.

Perfetti being 100% and in the opening day roster in a top 9 role (if lowry is Not at 3c)

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I like Nichushkin and Marchment here just because they add a lot of size up front in addition to their scoring, although a big contract with marchment is probably even riskier than with Nichushkin.

Reactions: Mathil8 and surixon

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Well the Jets have by my count and Cap Friendly's just under $62.7 million locked up for 12 players (I included Perfetti, but not Barron, who could be included). You know Dubois is signing for at least 8, and he may push that number higher, as the Jets need a long term #1 centre.

I think Appleton is going to get a nice raise, I'd be trying to sign him to a 3 year deal, and that number might be around $1.75 million maybe as high as 2, as he will be an important player for the Jets with Copp gone.

That leaves less than $10 million to sign at least 8 players, maybe 9. Without a trade, there's not going to be room for much of a splash.

And then you have to think that the Jets biggest free agent signings in 11 years has been Perreault and Kulikov, the latter escaping the clutches of a dismal Buffalo. So I don't expect free agency to be the game changer in Winnipeg, as lately we've only been able to sign FAs that can't get contracts anywhere else in the league. Not expecting change to come here.

I wonder if Perreault could be brought back though, in terms of a positive player on and off the ice, he was good for the team spirit. He got his Montreal gig in, but maybe he's a guy the Jets look at bringing back. I'd probably take him over Svetchnikov, if I had a choice. I think he's more coachable.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well the Jets have by my count and Cap Friendly's just under $62.7 million locked up for 12 players (I included Perfetti, but not Barron, who could be included). You know Dubois is signing for at least 8, and he may push that number higher, as the Jets need a long term #1 centre.

I think Appleton is going to get a nice raise, I'd be trying to sign him to a 3 year deal, and that number might be around $1.75 million maybe as high as 2, as he will be an important player for the Jets with Copp gone.

That leaves less than $10 million to sign at least 8 players, maybe 9. Without a trade, there's not going to be room for much of a splash.

And then you have to think that the Jets biggest free agent signings in 11 years has been Perreault and Kulikov, the latter escaping the clutches of a dismal Buffalo. So I don't expect free agency to be the game changer in Winnipeg, as lately we've only been able to sign FAs that can't get contracts anywhere else in the league. Not expecting change to come here.

I wonder if Perreault could be brought back though, in terms of a positive player on and off the ice, he was good for the team spirit. He got his Montreal gig in, but maybe he's a guy the Jets look at bringing back. I'd probably take him over Svetchnikov, if I had a choice. I think he's more coachable.
My post was in reply to @surixon's in which he had made some trades that freed up cap space. I realize we haven't made huge splashes in free agency, but a 2nd line winger shouldnt be out of the question IMO.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The numbers are going to be difficult, as I outlined. A trade might free up enough for a middle six guy, but I'm not sure you'll see any splashy trades from Chevy. Maybe someone who gets moved for a later pick as a cap dump, like Stastny was, and Schmidt. The more you hear about this team being a tight group, I don't think there's a rush to break it up.

I apologize, I just like to temper the enthusiasm of a big offseason. I still remember one offseason where every other projection had the Jets breaking the bank for Pietrangelo, who didn't even sniff Winnipeg. Being farther away from the end game of going all the way probably doubles down on draft and develop in my opinion.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Here is my scenario:

Forwards
1​
-
-
3​
-
1,500,000​
-
ExtrasHarkins, Jansen-
Froward total-
Defense-
1​
6,150,000​
-
2​
-
-
Defense Total-
-
GoaliesStarterBackup-
Less ELC bonuses
Buy out
Total cap hit
Total cap space available163,726

What, no Svechnikov?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
When building lineups for future years I always start by looking at waivers and seeing who is newly eligible:

- Berdin
- Gawanke
- Gustafsson
- Kovacevic
- Vesalainen

Vesalainen went to Europe so we don't need to worry about losing him to waivers (savvy move by us)

Berdin has an NHL salary next year so maybe was a consideration if Comrie moves on but hasn't really shown it at the AHL level and his rights got traded in the KHL so I do wonder if there's a mutual termination of the contract coming?

Gawanke is a RHD that has yet to play an NHL game but has put up over 0.5PPG in the AHL. I wonder if we try to slide him through waivers but maybe should be open to trade talk to maybe use him as a sweetener?

Kov and Gus are going to be on the Jets this season.

Barron, Samberg, Heinola and Chisholm all can bypass waivers but I do think 2, maybe 3 of them deserve NHL spots.

From there a lot depends on what happens with 55 and PLD and if they're dealt what the return might look like.

Additional trades
- Potential guys I'd move out include Svech (doghouse but I like him as a top 6 option with PLD), Stanley/Dillon (LHD surpluss with rookies pushing for spots), Schmidt/Pionk/DeMelo (Kovacevic deserving a bottom 6 spot and RD eating up a lot of capspace for what they provide), Harkins/Toninato (cheap depth options)

My lineup without major trades:

KFC PLD Svech
Ehlers 55 Perfetti
Barron Lowry Wheels
Harkins Gus Apples
Toninato

JMo DeMelo
Samberg Pionk
Dillon Kovacevic
Stanley
(Heinola in the minors and Schmidt traded)

Helle
Comrie

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The numbers are going to be difficult, as I outlined. A trade might free up enough for a middle six guy, but I'm not sure you'll see any splashy trades from Chevy. Maybe someone who gets moved for a later pick as a cap dump, like Stastny was, and Schmidt. The more you hear about this team being a tight group, I don't think there's a rush to break it up.

I apologize, I just like to temper the enthusiasm of a big offseason. I still remember one offseason where every other projection had the Jets breaking the bank for Pietrangelo, who didn't even sniff Winnipeg. Being farther away from the end game of going all the way probably doubles down on draft and develop in my opinion.
No need to apologize, as you are correct in tempering offseason enthusiasm haha. I think they'll for sure move out one of our D for cap space though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad