2022-2023 Premier League (part one)

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Great. Should've said that to begin with instead of just saying "Son helped Kulusevski a lot", to shine the light on Son who wasn't even part of the discussion to begin with.
Maybe, you should've just asked why I didn't say Kulusevski helped Son, instead of going about saying "the universe is Son, Son, Son". I couldn't understand you. I hope you're more direct with your questions next time.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Must be difficult for Tuchel when he comes back to a completely new front office. I don't expect this Tuchel x Boehly partnership to last long.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Must be difficult for Tuchel when he comes back to a completely new front office. I don't expect this Tuchel x Boehly partnership to last long.
Depends on what he wants, which we don't know. Maybe he wants more power over player recruitment, in which case this could be a good thing for him.

As a fan, it is certainly very sad to see many of the management that brought us success leave the club.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Oh please. Only thing you care about is Son, Son, Son. That aint me partner.
If i was a Spurs fan, i'd do that aswell. Spurs is relevant only because of Son and Kane, without them Spurs is just Everton on steroids basically.

Once Kane and Son are gone, it's pretty much over for Spurs what comes to Champions League football, unfortunately.

Man City and Liverpool will be superior for years to come, Chelsea and ManU are challenging and Arsenal is finally doing some good things on transfer market, although they are still quite far behind. Then there's Newcastle with their oil money. Spurs can get lucky with leftover players that these bigger teams aren't going for, but in the long run it's not very likely.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If i was a Spurs fan, i'd do that aswell. Spurs is relevant only because of Son and Kane, without them Spurs is just Everton on steroids basically.
Romero, Kulusevski and Hojbjerg are all great players too IMO.

According to Deloitte:

Tottenham 20/21 revenue: €406.2M
Everton 20/21 revenue: €218.1M

Daniel Levy has set up this club to be very comfortable in the long-term. Not remotely worried about Everton lmao.

Chelsea and ManU are challenging
It was clear by the tail-end of the season (when Kulusevski and Bentancur came in) that Spurs were outperforming Chelsea. On top of that they lost important players on free transfers with other important contracts soon running out. And then there's the whole takeover which can be very unpredictable. We'll see.

What are Man United challenging for right now? Even if they have leeches for owners, I believe they can get back on track if they get a competent front office. But it might take a while.
Arsenal is finally doing some good things on transfer market
I think that's still very much up for debate. But they have a lot of good, young players that I think could possibly make some noise for them in a few years (unless Saka leaves lol).

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

According to Deloitte:

Daniel Levy has set up this club to be very comfortable in the long-term. Not remotely worried about Everton lmao.

It was clear by the tail-end of the season (when Kulusevski and Bentancur came in) that Spurs were outperforming Chelsea. On top of that they lost important players on free transfers with other important contracts soon running out. And then there's the whole takeover which can be very unpredictable. We'll see.

What are Man United challenging for right now? Even if they have leeches for owners, I believe they can get back on track if they get a competent front office. But it might take a while.

I think that's still very much up for debate. But they have a lot of good, young players that I think could possibly make some noise for them in a few years (unless Saka leaves lol).
I have lots of thoughts to this.

1. Agreed on Everton. Lol even putting them in the same sentence. Everton is not a good team.

2. Agreed on Chelsea but they could easily prove otherwise. They lost like 60% of their backline. They could be fine but as of now I’ll put Spurs slightly a head.

3. If United can get a few of these rumored transfers over the line, they could be competing a bit more. Now that’s a big if. Right now, I have them pretty comfortably at 5 with potential to move up.

4. I don’t like Arsenal and they just bought a back up 9 for huge money. I think they are a clear step behind in terms of overall quality. One thing they do have though is they seem to overperform their quality. I have them at 6th right now.

5. This relates to 3/4. One thing about United and Arsenal struggling is that I think they’ll have less players heading to the WC than Spurs, City, or Liverpool. This could allow them to go hard in the beginning of the season, get a long break with some training, get right back to work at the end of that break. They will be rested whereas the other three teams will be relying on depth for a while after the World Cup.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

According to Deloitte:

Don't get me wrong, i like Tottenham (i'd take it over Arsenal any day). And Tottenham will stay competitive as long as Son+Kane are playing with their current level, they are so good.

And team behind them isn't bad, Höjbjerg is good and Kulusevski aswell. But my question was that what happens after Son+Kane era? It's clear that they can't get players that go 1 to 1 with them. Behind Son and Kane this team is pretty average (Everton comparison on paper, as a team Everton is shite like we saw).

So my guess is that they will decline hard, unless somehow they get the next Son+Kane pairing. They are that crucial.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Don't get me wrong, i like Tottenham (i'd take it over Arsenal any day). And Tottenham will stay competitive as long as Son+Kane are playing with their current level, they are so good.

And team behind them isn't bad, Höjbjerg is good and Kulusevski aswell. But my question was that what happens after Son+Kane era? It's clear that they can't get players that go 1 to 1 with them. Behind Son and Kane this team is pretty average (Everton comparison on paper, as a team Everton is shite like we saw).

So my guess is that they will decline hard, unless somehow they get the next Son+Kane pairing. They are that crucial.
I can't say I'm particularly worried at all. Sure there'd probably be a dip but they'd recover eventually, just like most other teams. The club in general is managed in a pretty future-proof manner.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

What's gonna happen to Liverpool when they lose Salah? Van Dijk is getting up there as well. They have decent other players as well but you take away any teams best players and they'll struggle.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean Tottenham made a decent team after the Modric/Bale era. I don't see why they're 100% doomed after the Kane/Son era.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Going to need this (realistic) defending of Spurs to stop. Let him believe it's all doom and gloom please.

Also, definitely do not agree with Arsenal being a step behind the rest. Certainly behind Liverpool and City, but the others aren't exactly world beaters in their own right. Arsenal choked at the end of this past year, but are we going to pretend those teams were really better or have had signings significant enough to merit that?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Tuchel has more say over players now, and based on the credible news, it's not like FM22 at all. We are focused on 2 CBs, 2 wingers/attackers, and possibly a CM and wing-back.
@Savant, what's funny, do people actually think that Ronaldo story was legit? Or Thiago Silva commenting about Neymar means Boehly is going all in on Neymar? Our previous board was more FM22 where the manager would get some targets, but the board would buy players, would expect the manager to fit them in, but ultimately knew it wouldn't matter because the players and board would outlast the manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Savant, what's funny, do people actually think that Ronaldo story was legit? Or Thiago Silva commenting about Neymar means Boehly is going all in on Neymar? Our previous board was more FM22 where the manager would get some targets, but the board would buy players, would expect the manager to fit them in, but ultimately knew it wouldn't matter because the players and board would outlast the manager.
I replied above. Chelsea summer, this summer is extremely FM. You mentioned they want six players. That alone is video game territory.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Because signing six players in a summer is not very FM, and no managers have sat over players. Woof
Turnover doesn't mean FM. Rudiger and Christensen moved on, and need to be replaced. Lukaku was clearly a bad fit for Tuchel as is Ziyech. I think Werner has been better here than some think, but hasn't been a great fit either. It's not like moves are being completed or targeted for the sake of making moves.

I replied above. Chelsea summer, this summer is extremely FM. You mentioned they want six players. That alone is video game territory.
For the exact reason that the previous board was very FM, and if Tuchel has more say like reports indicate, that's going to mean getting players that fit his system. Some of the moves are also just standard replacements for guys that chose to leave like Rudiger and Christensen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Turnover doesn't mean FM. Rudiger and Christensen moved on, and need to be replaced. Lukaku was clearly a bad fit for Tuchel as is Ziyech. I think Werner has been better here than some think, but hasn't been a great fit either. It's not like moves are being completed or targeted for the sake of making moves.

For the exact reason that the previous board was very FM, and if Tuchel has more say like reports indicate, that's going to mean getting players that fit his system. Some of the moves are also just standard replacements for guys that chose to leave like Rudiger and Christensen.
I mean when you are alone, adding Raphinha to a team that has a bazillion right wings, yes it feels very FM. No need to be butt hurt about it. It’s okay to acknowledge it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean when you are alone, adding Raphinha to a team that has a bazillion right wings, yes it feels very FM. No need to be butt hurt about it. It’s okay to acknowledge it.
I'm not butt hurt, just saying how it's a silly position to take that Tuchel would like the dynamic that's been reported about TT and Boehly than what he had before and what other managers had in the Roman era. Yes, we'll have to wait and see what the Boehly era is like each summer and how long managers last under him. If Tuchel gets more say, and his specific targets are the ones prioritized, then he's obviously going to like that more than a previous era when we spent big money on a striker that TT most likely never wanted.

How many RW do we have that Tuchel actually wants? That's the issue that's always existed here where a bunch of the high profile signings never really fit with the current manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not butt hurt, just saying how it's a silly position to take that Tuchel would like the dynamic that's been reported about TT and Boehly than what he had before and what other managers had in the Roman era. Yes, we'll have to wait and see what the Boehly era is like each summer and how long managers last under him. If Tuchel gets more say, and his specific targets are the ones prioritized, then he's obviously going to like that more than a previous era when we spent big money on a striker that TT most likely never wanted.

How many RW do we have that Tuchel actually wants? That's the issue that's always existed here where a bunch of the high profile signings never really fit with the current manager.
Yes everyone saw the article where is said new owner wants to be more analytical and be more like Liverpool and Man City. I can speak for City, but LFC would have never signed Raphinha with Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi at RW. Especially with Mount covering there too. That is a big fee for a marginal upgrade. Tuchel had Pulisic at Dortmund and wanted Ziyech when he was there too so I don’t buy that he hasn’t gotten his players. It’s a sin that Tuchel isn’t getting the best out of players like Hudson-Odoi, but Chelsea have rarely cared about their young players in the last two decades anyway so I guess par for the course. As long as they can keep buying their way out. They seem to spend nine figures on a single position group every window, and more power to them for making it work, so this doesn’t feel like anything new.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad