Injury Report: 2022-2023 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Habs - Carey Price - knee, expected to be out for season

Laval -

Prospects - Logan Mailloux - shoulder, week to week (no word yet if he will be ready for the season opener)
Joshua Roy - hand, day to day, (minor injury, will miss Rookie Camp)
Petteri Nurmi - sick (possible mono), 2-4 weeks, happened 8-31
Is Roy still playing in the tournament?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I thought Byron was still having issues. Been busy all summer and haven't been on the board much. (Some will have been happy I am sure :P )

Reactions: the and Lshap

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Habs - Carey Price - knee, expected to be out for season

Laval -

Prospects - Logan Mailloux - shoulder, week to week (no word yet if he will be ready for the season opener)
Joshua Roy - hand, day to day, (minor injury, will miss Rookie Camp)
Petteri Nurmi - sick (possible mono), 2-4 weeks, happened 8-31
I think Vincenz Rohrer is injured as well, no?

Reactions: jrom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How does Byron go from possibly being placed on LTIR to possibly being ready opening night?

The LTIR thing was many of us thinking he'd go on it when news came in July that his recovery was not going as planned and that he hadn't started training yet at that point. And he said in that interview that he might not be ready for camp. Neither Hughes nor the team ever mentioned he'd be placed on LTIR (the way Hughes was open in saying Price will be). That was just us (and I was among them).

However, in the presser after the Dach signing, Hughes mentioned that Byron might be ready for opening night. But even if he's not, they don't expect him to miss a lot of time.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The LTIR thing was many of us thinking he'd go on it when news came in July that his recovery was not going as planned and that he hadn't started training yet at that point. And he said in that interview that he might not be ready for camp. Neither Hughes nor the team ever mentioned he'd be placed on LTIR (the way Hughes was open in saying Price will be). That was just us (and I was among them).

However, in the presser after the Dach signing, Hughes mentioned that Byron might be ready for opening night. But even if he's not, they don't expect him to miss a lot of time.
Hugo are playing with that LTIR masterfully, Byron will probably start the season on the IR because the team needs him to start the season on the IR.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Ah. Well, if he can play, then maybe he can be showcased.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Saw that Tuch didn't take part in today's scarlet and white scrimmage, no word yet if it's an injury would assume so but 2 other upperclassmen didn't skate either so we'll see.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Saw that Tuch didn't take part in today's scarlet and white scrimmage, no word yet if it's an injury would assume so but 2 other upperclassmen didn't skate either so we'll see.

Curious if it's the same injury that had him leave the US summer camp after playing in one scrimmage.

Reactions: Tyson

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Let’s hope we don’t obliterate the man games lost record like we did last year. That’s why we finished last. Team isn’t as bad as people think or maybe I’m just too positive

• Haha
Reactions: 1909 and the

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Let’s hope we don’t obliterate the man games lost record like we did last year. That’s why we finished last. Team isn’t as bad as people think or maybe I’m just too positive
The team is bad. Many of the games lost were key players like Price/Weber that still haven’t been replaced. So, although we will have a smaller amount of games lost, those two still haven’t been replaced. We are terrible.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
- Rohrer suffered an injury during practice when he was struck in the face with a puck, expected to be week to week

- Monahan coming off a season-ending hip surgery in April, Day to day, eying a return during camp, no guarantee he starts the season, if not not long after

- Byron, lower body injury suffered in April, rehab taking lot more than expected, week to week eying a return during the camp or for the opener

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL

Part of the reason we had so many games lost to injuries is that management was in no rush to bring anyone back. If we were fighting for a playoff spot, players would have been asked to play through some injuries.

I think we're capable of scoring. We have so much depth at centre now. But D is going to be scary.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
This is his last season here so I'm selfishly hoping for as many games as he can manage. The team wants to play fast, offensive hockey, that's Byron. Because of injuries his play has been forgotten, really sad.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
How did Edmundson even get hurt (cut his toe nails too close)?
Supports the tank.
This year I hope he stays around the team while he's out as there are a lot of youngins he can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad