2022/2023 Fantasy Draft Game

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Goal
  • Build a team that would win the Stanley Cup in the 2022/2023 season
  • Win two rounds of voting, one at the conclusion of the game, and another at the conclusion of the 2022/2023 season
  • Overall winner will follow the following scoring format:
    • Difference in votes per round multiplied by the round number i.e. win by 3 in round 2 gets you 6 points. This will be tallied at the very end of the 2nd voting period for an overall winner.

Draft Details
  • 23 round snake draft --> more than usual so you can draft vets/prospects and account for injuries. You can choose to void your picks after round 20 if you want to.
  • 3rd round is reversed (32nd OA drafts at the start of R2, 3, 5, 7 while 1st OA drafts at the start of R1, 4, 6 etc)
  • 2 hour clock, will cut it after round 7 if too many players are being skipped
  • Clock runs from 9am to 12am EST every day
  • Back to back picks still have 2 hours not 4

Trades
  • 3 total per team during the draft, or after the 1st round of voting, including draft pick and player trades
  • No 3 team trades
  • Each asset (this means a draft pick, and the player drafted with that draft pick) may only be traded once
  • Unfair trades can be veto'd if 10 GMs vote against it within 24 hours of the trade
Salary Cap
  • 60M to 81.5M

Eligible Players
  • Any player who had a contract for the 2021-2022 season will use that contract for the game, not next years contracts
  • Any currently unsigned NHL drafted prospect, or 2022 NHL Draft Eligible player may be chosen and have their contract be 0.925M
  • Euros who are not NHL affiliated are not permitted to be drafted unless they had a contract for this season i.e. Datsyuk, but those that are affiliated i.e. Malgin can be.
Presumed Health
  • It is up to you to pick players you expect to play next season, if they do not play, that is on you and will impact you accordingly.
  • We assume for voting they recover in a reasonable sense from any injuries they have i.e. Tarasenko's shoulder last season was clearly recoverable from, but Webers injuries were not. For this game, a player like Tom Wilson is presumed to have recovered fro his ACL injury, but Backstrom is more of a risk because his play next season may reflect his injury.

Skipped Picks
  • Your pick is skipped after the clock as are all future picks until you make it up, you will be auto'd after 2 rounds have elapsed
  • 3 skips and your clock is reduced to 50%
  • 5 skips is auto skip

Injuries
  • When it comes to health, assume their status is fully healed from whatever injury they're currently suffering from
  • Guys who have deteriorated don't just magically end up in their primes

Voting
  • 32 team bracket format, with bracket determined at random after the draft. Bracket will be re-randomized for the second voting period
  • All voting will be on the GM games board
  • Voting is only based on the players actively in the lineup
Draft Slot
  • Random

GM List - will wait for at least 25 GMs to start the game, targeting the end of the playoffs as a start date. Would like help for the draft board and/or creating voting threads, those always annoy me to make. In no rush at all, will be a slow game, might keep 2 hour clock the whole time.
  1. @hockeynorth - TB
  2. @Blinny - CGY
  3. @SJSharks39 - SJ
  4. @flyersdad - ARI
  5. @Panda Bear - ANA
  6. @Retinalz - CAR
  7. @m0pe - BUF
  8. @Nucker101 - SEA
  9. @LT - DAL
  10. @OB5 - NYI
  11. @My Cozen Dylan - NSH
  12. @PostBradMalone - WSH
  13. @Peter Griffin - VAN
  14. @Llamamoto - VGK
  15. @Paralyzer008 - PHI
  16. @BumDum - STL
  17. @ConnorMcMullet - CHI
  18. @FinBruin - WPG
  19. @Joey Moss - EDM
  20. @Scholarships - CBJ
  21. @McMozesmadness - BOS
  22. @Jay Daddy - FLA
  23. @Lucbourdon - LA
  24. @42 jerks - OTT
  25. @trick9 - MTL
  26. @HockeyRulez - DET
  27. @peskypenguin - PIT
  28. @5cotland - NYR
  29. @AveryStar4Eva - MIN
  30. @BeLeafing - TOR
  31. @Makaveli - COL
  32. @Zaddy - NJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Llamamoto

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
FAQS, Extra Notes and Players Questioned About

• What is the voting tie breaker?
    • We will go to the main boards for who moves on, and we will consider the point differential as one.
  • How do we value injury prone players?
    • Value at your own risk, injury prone players should be considered as such, though keep in mind they only need to stay healthy for the playoffs for this games purpose.
  • My player retired, what do I do?
    • You must use a spare or have an empty roster spot
  • Can I trade on the block picks?
    • Yes, you can, however you must post that you are open to trading it, and upon posting that, you only have 30 minutes to make your pick or else we move on. The player who acquires that pick must also abide by the 30 minute rule, so both of you only have 30 minute total from the time the pick is shopped. If it is not posted, it cannot be traded. This must also occur in the first 30 minutes of your pick, and players picked after that time cannot be traded until post-draft.
  • I will miss my pick, what do I do?
    • Send a list in to another GM
  • Some may consider my player a locker room cancer, what do I do about that?
    • It is crucial that ALL ASPECTS of a team are valued in voting except for spares, including experience, PK, PP, goalies, 4th lines, 3rd pairs, injury prone players and yes, locker room impacts.
  • I am unsure if a player is eligible, what do I do?
    • Send it to me, if I don't answer, I will designate someone who can. Go with what I say. Once a player is asked about they will go on a list that will state if they are eligible or not. If you pick an ineligible player, you are skipped.
  • I picked a player that was already picked, what do I do?
    • We wait 5 minutes and then move on.
  • I want to edit my pick, can I?
    • If your pick has been liked, commented on, posted on the board, or says edited after an edit, then no. IF it is within the first 10 seconds, then yes, you may edit your pick.
  • I think players are voting against me out of spite (i.e. the @Ainec clause), what do I do?
    • A GM may challenge up to 3 votes against them by PMing me or a designated co-commissioner with the vote in question and reason. If the reason is valid i.e. a player has a noted history of voting against someone, there's a known dislike, or a player wants an easier next round, it will be posted in the voting thread and that GM will be required to justify their vote. If they can justify it to the commissioners satisfaction (this will not be a high bar), then the vote stands, otherwise it is veto'd.
  • How do I alert next man up?
    • @ in the thread and PM, fail to do so or ask someone else to do so twice and you will have your clock cut in half
  • How do we verify cap?
    • Check your 1st round opponents cap, all players on their roster count for their full hits

Players that have been asked about
  • Jake Gardiner - Eligible --> deemed fit to play by Carolina
  • Jason Spezza - Ineligible --> deemed retired
  • Shane Wright - Eligible --> 2022 draftee
  • Connor Bedard - Ineligible --> 2023 draftee
  • Andrei Kuzmenko - Ineligible --> unsigned in 2022 and unaffiliated
  • Alex Radulov - Ineligible --> left NHL

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad