Prospect Info: [2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Likely better than a 4th line energy player, but that remains to be seen.

He is no Shane Wright, after all.

What did you just say

F9A92640-83EF-498A-AB02-D0BD4677A8AF.jpeg

bmore236

Mar 3, 2004
Was he a 16-year-old at the World Championship? His birthday is March 30, and he was at the World 2021 and 2022, according to Elite Prospects. Don't see any other WC for a 16-year-old, unless he was selected and got canceled.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Was he a 16-year-old at the World Championship? His birthday is March 30, and he was at the World 2021 and 2022, according to Elite Prospects. Don't see any other WC for a 16-year-old, unless he was selected and got canceled.

He was barely 17 in the 2021 world championship but it was still his 16 years old season if that make sense.

Reactions: Redux91

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He is going to be a beast. He is going to be what Andrei Kostitsyn should be to become in the past.

Slafkovsky got all tools to put 35g, 35a per season in NHL, maybe more. With great playmaker like Suzuki and Caufield, this line will be so fun to watch one day.

If you like Andrei Svechnikov, you are going to love Juraj Slafkovsky too!! Book it!!

I'm esctatic like when Habs drafted Caufield at 15 in 2019.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He is going to be a beast. He is going to be what Andrei Kostitsyn should be to become in the past.

Slafkovsky got all tools to put 35g, 35a per season in NHL, maybe more. With great playmaker like Suzuki and Caufield, this line will be so fun to watch one day.

If you like Andrei Svechnikov, you are going to love Juraj Slafkovsky too!! Book it!!

Unless he plays off handed on the right wing, he won't be part of the Suzuki/Caufield line. It is certainly possible given MSL's affinity for moving wingers to their off hand. It doesn't work for everyone so it will be interesting to see the combinations and roster construction evolve.

Reactions: Gravity

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Unless he plays off handed on the right wing, he won't be part of the Suzuki/Caufield line. It is certainly possible given MSL's affinity for moving wingers to their off hand. It doesn't work for everyone so it will be interesting to see the combinations and roster construction evolve.

If he don't play with Suzuki and Caufield one day... I see him to play with Dach, Dach too is a really good playmaker with great talent. That would be balanced this team for long time.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

He’s gonna be a beast, he’s gonna be the 45th highest scorer in the NHL!

I would hope your picture of his future prime would be a bit more ambitious than a sub-PPG player.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If he don't play with Suzuki and Caufield one day... I see him to play with Dach, Dach too is a really good playmaker with great talent. That would be balanced this team for long time.

That is kind of what I was thinking as having two huge players on a line allows for a smaller player like Mesar or Farrell or to a lesser extent Roy to play with more space.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
That is kind of what I was thinking as having two huge players on a line allows for a smaller player like Mesar or Farrell or to a lesser extent Roy to play with more space.

Agree. Habs can easily keep Anderson to play with Suzuki and Caufield, to wait a young player (maybe the top pick in 2023, maybe one of Mesar and Farrell), but Andy is a perfect forward to keep for help the youngstars.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Some people looks just at stats...

If he wants to raise his production, he’ll need to diversify his shots. He’ll get tons of scoring chances, he always does, but he needs to finish them. Get better at masking his release. Using different releases. One thing conspicuously missing from his arsenal is scoring five hole. He needs to go five hole so much more. He’s always scoring by picking the corners. He’s limiting himself.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He’s a unicorn. He’s there to help us win Cups, not win individual awards. Think Getzlaf, Clark Gillies, John Leclair…
Ryan Getzlaf: hit over PPG by his third season (82 in 77), and had seven seasons of PPG or more. This is all before the big explosion in points scored of the last few years.

Clark Gillies is before my time, can't comment on him.

John LeClair was flirting with 100 pt seasons in the dead-puck era. Between the 94-95 season (when he was traded by the Habs) through to the 99-00 season he was well over PPG while facing the neutral zone trap every night every game pretty much.

If you have such high comparables for Slafkovsky you shouldn't be so shy as to think he'll only peak at being the 45th highest scorer of the most recent season. It doesn't add up.

Slafkovsky has been compared to literally every winger-with-size this board can mention at this point, so my understanding of this player's profile is less clear by the day. I've seen Jagr, Hossa, Rick Nash, Rantanen, Poolparty, Gaudreau (playmaking ability), LeClair, Radulov, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, and probably many others mentioned. I wish we had a consensus on his closest comparables.... the uncertainty isn't so fun.

In your opinion @Kennerback, what player is Slafkovsky most like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad