Prospect Info: [2022 - 1st] Juraj Slafkovsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I never said that he doesn't have the potential but that it's highly unlikely that he becomes an all timer like PB just because at 18 they have been compared. It is in fact highly unlikely, and development across players is not linear. I'm sorry if you can't understand these two concepts, which appears to be the case. Doesn't mean that Wright won't be a good player in the NHL but to say that we passed on the next PB is just objectively incorrect.

You said that Wright has a low ceiling did you not?

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
the internet is truly an amazing thing. You actually don't have to be at the place where the hockey game is taking place and it doesn't even have to be at the same time the game is on. What a world we live in.
Yeah, really? Tell me more? Bet you 90% of the people bashing or against the pick haven't even seen him play except in the tournaments.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
View attachment 566415

Liked by Shane Wright. Oof. Dude seems salty. If it's how he deals with adversity, maybe we did good taking Chadkovsky with his confidence. Wright would've probably struggled under the pressure in Montreal.

Did he stare down the devils and coyotes too? Drama queen. So much for the team first mentality. Glad we took the Slovakian savage. 40/40 player. No doubt in my mind. Highest upside.

Slav - Suk - Cole

Jesus h f*** what a line

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Watching highlights, he looks like a shoot first player , Am I right?

If so, not sure playing with Caufield would be the best fit (if he performs and make the team of course)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Imagine being so bitter to booo Slaf at the Bell center or to freak out on your couch at home. Then to probably follow it up with bashing him and wishing him to bust, rooting against your own players.

Sad.
There was little to no booing inside the Bell Centre and it was immediately squelched by a welcoming roar. I heard outside was a different story but wasn't there so it's word of mouth. I was directly above the Sportsnet and TVA studio's and the reaction when Slaf was heading over for his interviews was spontaneous and heartfelt.

Reactions: jaffy27

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
1) Interviewing a student is different than interviewing someone who is objectively is one of the world's best in their field.

2) If Wright was not hungry/focused, he would not have taught himself to be one of the best hockey players in the world for his age (many say the best).

3) I doubt this strategy is as helpful/beneficial to your firm as you think it is.

100% agree!

I agree that an interview cannot give an accurate view of someone's psychological profile, but criticizing someone's work and asking explanation for lack of performance is very common at all level. So called "murder boards" are made to prepare candidates for hard but fair questions

We don't know what was asked in this interview but asking what went wrong in the playoffs or on a specific play for example is fair

Reactions: montreal

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
View attachment 566415

Liked by Shane Wright. Oof. Dude seems salty. If it's how he deals with adversity, maybe we did good taking Chadkovsky with his confidence. Wright would've probably struggled under the pressure in Montreal.

So should we be happy to pass on Wright because he has no intensity, or because he publicly stared down our management team's table down after we snubbed him? Is he not intense enough or too intense? We should get our story straight.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

LOL

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I agree that an interview cannot give an accurate view of someone's psychological profile, but criticizing someone's work and asking explanation for lack of performance is very common at all level. So called "murder boards" are made to prepare candidates for hard but fair questions

We don't know what was asked in this interview but asking what went wrong in the playoffs or on a specific play for example is fair

Sure, it is a fair question. But I don't think any answer will help management determine who is best. Also if you ask the question with tone trying to "shake" the person, them behaving "shook up" is very human. To me it almost seems like Habs management intentionally tried to "shake up" Wright and then it confirmed their bias when he behaved that way. Maybe this is a bonafide way to assess talent? Yet, maybe it also is complete BS?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Man, Slaf better work out for the Habs, cuz if Wright ends up burning it up in Seattle, Habs management better find safe shelter from the shit storm brewing in Montreal.

That's the thing, he's in Seattle. If Wright breaks out, we probably won't hear much of it. And since he's in Seattle it's gonna take time for the fruits to come ripe as he'll be surrounded by nobodies. Frankly he's more likely going to bust in that environment. Him going there was really the best turn of events for the Habs. There or Arizona.

But anyway speaking of Slaf, when he was going to the stage I kept thinking that's a man right there.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sure, it is a fair question. But I don't think any answer will help management determine who is best. Also if you ask the question with tone trying to "shake" the person, them behaving "shook up" is very human. To me it almost seems like Habs management intentionally tried to "shake up" Wright and then it confirmed their bias when he behaved that way. Maybe this is a bonafide way to assess talent? Yet, maybe it also is complete BS?
You know that they very likely grilled Slafkovsky on his Liiga numbers too. It’s not like they were out to crap on Wright. They probably liked Slaf’s explanations far more than Shane’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad