WJC: 2021 World Juniors Jerseys

xMARCStheSPOT

Oct 22, 2006
Sunnyvale, CA
Hey everyone! Just curious if anyone knew of a site that tracked the jerseys each team is going to be going with this year. Or if anyone knows which jerseys any of the countries are using, that'd be great too! I do know the Team Canada jerseys are all new this year, but curious about the other countries that'll be in attendance.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I find it interesting how teams approach uniforms in a short tourney. Most bring the standard 2 (Finland, Russia, the Czech's, Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, etc.). Sweden appears to almost never wear blue (what's w that), maybe once/tournament at most. The USA routinely brings a 'third' White/alternate that they wear more often then their standard white, and Canada often brings 3 as well and sticks to the jersey they are winning in (last year they wore the black jersey 4 consecutive games in a row).

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I find it interesting how teams approach uniforms in a short tourney. Most bring the standard 2 (Finland, Russia, the Czech's, Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, etc.). Sweden appears to almost never wear blue (what's w that), maybe once/tournament at most. The USA routinely brings a 'third' White/alternate that they wear more often then their standard white, and Canada often brings 3 as well and sticks to the jersey they are winning in (last year they wore the black jersey 4 consecutive games in a row).

Money.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
That is definitely part of it and explains why the only nations that bring 3 uniforms for a max 7-game tourney are Canada and the US. Still doesn't explain though why a country like Sweden (which is a very well off nation) basically only wears yellow (& not blue), or why the States will wear an 'alternate' more than a regular jersey. I'm sure countries like Russia and Finland could certainly afford to supply a third/alternate uniform as well if they wanted to.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
That is definitely part of it and explains why the only nations that bring 3 uniforms for a max 7-game tourney are Canada and the US. Still doesn't explain though why a country like Sweden (which is a very well off nation) basically only wears yellow (& not blue), or why the States will wear an 'alternate' more than a regular jersey. I'm sure countries like Russia and Finland could certainly afford to supply a third/alternate uniform as well if they wanted to.
Tradition. In the same way that the Dallas Cowboys or the All Blacks of NZ could often wear their other colour, but don’t.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
It would be interesting if they reverted to red buckets for those new uni's. Errr actually white helmets would look incredible with those jersey's (a la the USA look).

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
BBCC3447-5074-49F6-91B5-18A5307415BA.png

These with red pants and helmets

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Maybe I’m old school but there shouldn’t be any black at all as there isn’t any black in the flag. Jerseys, pants, gloves and helmets should be red and/or white.
I understand this perspective, however a part from the fact that Canada looks sick with their black jersey's and that the black helmet and pants really compliment the red & white well, it's just not practical to only use the colours on one's flag. By that logic the USA shouldn't wear navy-blue as there is no navy to be found on their flag. The Dutch shouldn't wear orange as their flag contains no orange. The all-blacks in NZ shouldn't wear black because their flag is red, white, and blue.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Maybe I’m old school but there shouldn’t be any black at all as there isn’t any black in the flag. Jerseys, pants, gloves and helmets should be red and/or white.

I agree, Canada needs to revert back to red/white dominate colour scheme. But fact is black has become a sporting colour for Canadian teams just like how it has for Switzerland.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Doesn't look like Canada will be wearing their black uniforms this year, I for one am a fan of them. The heritage jerseys are meh at best, but would benefit greatly from switching to white helments (like the 1998 Olympic jerseys or how the Americans do things). Also doesn't look like Canada will be wearing their standard red uniforms either.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Doesn't look like Canada will be wearing their black uniforms this year, I for one am a fan of them. The heritage jerseys are meh at best, but would benefit greatly from switching to white helments (like the 1998 Olympic jerseys or how the Americans do things). Also doesn't look like Canada will be wearing their standard red uniforms either.
They’re playing amazing in their heritage jerseys. The one game in which they wore the whites was against Slovakia, so I imagine that set was burned in a dumpster shortly after the game.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
They’re playing amazing in their heritage jerseys. The one game in which they wore the whites was against Slovakia, so I imagine that set was burned in a dumpster shortly after the game.
Similar to what we saw last year, they wore black on NYE for the first time (against the Czech's) and never looked back - which I can understand, but I just wish it happened with the jerseys I actually like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad