Last edited:
Reactions: Rongomania and Ola

Kords

Jun 19, 2019

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It is hard to blame players with families to say no to this event on account of Covid . I would have liked to see Laf in it...but that is his business . The good thing is we see Schneider with Gallant .

Reactions: RangersFan1994

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
HFB reported Team Russia roster

Final roster
Samonov, Fedotov
Zub, Provorov, Gavrikov, Nesterov, Dronov, Ozhiganov, Rafikov, Marchenko, Zadorov
Slepyshev, Shalunov, Okulov, Karnaukhov, Burdasov, Morozov, Galimov, Shvets-Rogovoy, Kamenev, Timkin, Kuzmenko, Tolchinsky, Voronkov, Grigorenko, Barabanov.

Bocharov, Kirsanov, Marchenko, Safonov and Podkolzin will also go to Riga, but for now they will be out of the application. The coaches reserve one spot for the goalkeeper and one for the forward.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Finns

Great team, very strong defence. Jalonen actually picked more skill upfont than i anticipated, but it's good thing to have scoring depth. Team is nice combo of veterans + kids and 2019 world champions, just like last time Finland will outwork everybody. Strongest workhorse team in the tournament. Finland's gonna play in the gold medal game.

Ruotsalainen - Ruohomaa - Ojamäki
Sallinen - Lundell - Turunen
Mäenalanen - Kontiola(A) - Karjalainen
Pakarinen - Björninen - Anttila(C)
Innala - Tiivola - Puustinen

Ohtamaa(A) - Kaski
Koivisto - Pokka
Määttä - Rindell
Lindbohm - Sund
Seppälä - Nousiainen

Olkinuora
Säteri
Juvonen

Fifth line guys will get to play against Kazakstan and Italy.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Slovaks (Huska ...)

upload_2021-5-17_14-17-48.png

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Sweden: New friend Nils, old friends Oscar and Klingberg

upload_2021-5-17_14-20-18.png

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Danes (old pal Jensen sighting
... both Nick Jensens ...

Final roster for WC

Målmænd:
Sebastian Dahm
Frederik Dichow
George Sørensen

Backs:
Markus Lauridsen
Matias Lassen
Jesper Jensen Aabo
Oliver Lauridsen
Nicholas B. Jensen
Oliver Larsen
Phillip Bruggisser
Emil Kristensen
Anders Krogsgaard

Forwards:
Mikkel Bødker
Nicklas Jensen
Frederik Storm
Nichlas Hardt
Julian Jakobsen
Jesper Jensen
Alexander True
Morten Madsen
Morten Poulsen
Niklas Andersen
Mathias Bau
Mathias From
Nicolai Meyer
Nick Olesen
Felix Scheel
Mathias Asperup

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Probably going to be the weakest WC field in recent memory, but still good chance to see Lundkvist and Schneider play.

Reactions: Ola

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'll follow the WC because of our prospects, but I genuinely enjoy watching the Spengler Cup more.

There's something about the ragtag group of half-forgotten ex-NHLers getting one last chance to play for their country. Always draws my attention more than the World Championships.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Probably going to be the weakest WC field in recent memory, but still good chance to see Lundkvist and Schneider play.

1995 is the weakest I can remember, don’t think any NHLers participated.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'll follow the WC because of our prospects, but I genuinely enjoy watching the Spengler Cup more.

There's something about the ragtag group of half-forgotten ex-NHLers getting one last chance to play for their country. Always draws my attention more than the World Championships.

I like the WCHs. Some of my best insights comes from that tournament, just a perspective you never ever get to see even remotely anywhere else. NHL mega stars against ECHLers if that. Kids and over the hill vets. Very homogeneous teams against teams with little chemistry.

But I am like you, I like all hockey.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There are games going on. Germany-Italy and Russia-Czech. For the Cezchs, Chytil is playing with Zadina and Zohorna. Hajek on the second pair with Moravcik.

Later is Belarus and Slovakia. Huksa is on Slovakia but I doubt he's playing. Canada-Latvia later with Schneider on Canada.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
russia-czech game is on NHLN right now....Canada game being aired at 1pm...and Sweden's first game will be tomorrow at 5am

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Watching our national team against Russia. Unlike many of my countrymen, who make a huge deal out of the tournament, I have never taken World Championships too seriously. The last time it was World Championships in the true sense was in 2005 when there was an NHL lockout and evereyone had a really strong roster.

But I have never been so disinterested in our WC game. Don't know if it is the absence of fans or the direct comparison to that wild Tampa-Florida series, but I find myself not caring at all.

Anyway, Chytil has been playing on the wing of the second line and maybe it is the wider ice, but I haven't been too impressed with him as a winger in this game. Keep in mind I am one of the biggest proponents of Chytil as our 2C. :D

Haven't noticed Hájek at all. Not even sure if he played in the first period (he was in the line up though). Which I guess is a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad