Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v13 | Next: Sun, Oct 3 | vs Bal | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Zimmerman vs Ryu *REG SEASON FINALE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Such a loser.

Our expected record was 99–63. We underperformed by 8 wins and those 8 games are quite literally all on him.
I feel like I could have gotten the jays to 92/93 wins, maybe more. We were better than Boston and New York on paper. Powerhouse offense, great rotation, shitty pen at times, but I feel like 2 of those 3, with this team, should at least get you a wild card spot. Let's stop f***ing around and get a legit manager in here.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Listen folk. I am a Cubs fan 1A but Jays fan 1B but where Jays are in the same boat the Cubs were in before they had a good run. To start the run they fired a Latino manager who was a player-coach but missed the managerial experience and that presence in the clubhouse. In came Maddon and he took them to multiple playoffs and world series.

Jays are in the same boat. Montoyo proved this year he is not a guy that can take a talented team to the next level.

1. never stood up for his players with umps plenty of times he could have got tossed to prove a point. At least Walker showed some emotion and took it to the umps.
2. Cost them at least 7-8 games with terrible bullpen management. Had no clue when to put guys in. Chatwood had a terrible month yet he kept trotting him out in high leverage. Merryweather coming off a 4-month injury put him in high leverage in 1st game....so on and so on.
3. His don't worry we won the series after blowing a game due his mismanagement is really stupid

This team is flawed yeah they hit tons of bombs but their w-l in extra innings cost them a playoff spot as they went 3-9 and couldn't execute simple fundamental baseball. They go 6-6 in extras and they are hosting the WC game.

The first step is to move on from Charlie and his bongos and bring in a guy who has the experience and commands respect.

Good post, fire Montoyo

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For the last time this season it's time to close up shop on the gdt.

Discussion from here can continue in the regular discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad