2021 Usports Recruiting

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
Their website was inactive from September 2020 until last week! I see that they do not have any major junior recruits this year.

Cole Edwards, who played his OA year with Summerside, played two years with Charlottetown in the Q and is a former D1 recruited player to Colorado College but decommitted from CC to go to Charlottetown.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Cole Edwards, who played his OA year with Summerside, played two years with Charlottetown in the Q and is a former D1 recruited player to Colorado College but decommitted from CC to go to Charlottetown.
They also have Spencer Blackwell who played 2 years of Ontario Jr.A and then spent a year with the Quebec Remparts , followed by 2 years in the Maritime Jr league , I think he will adapt very well to OUA hockey for a relatively small Jr.A kid , he’s really shifty and his hockey IQ was through the roof . I only got to see the NB teams last year, but along with Patrick Brown I thought he was the most impressive player in the NB Division.

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
Hayden Fowler (F-Erie/Oshawa) has played in a preseason game for Queen’s and is on the roster on the website so I’d consider that committed.

Reactions: Rob

Lakeheadfan95

Jul 19, 2019
Fort William Gardens
Dilan Peters
Joe Mack
Jack Miles
Ben Badalamenti
Jayden Wojciechowski

All with Lakehead Mack played 3 years in the OHL Badalamenti played 2 season of Major Junior and Miles was originally a D1 commitment at Vermont so we can put to rest that they weren't able to get CHL talent

Reactions: Island Husky

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Dilan Peters
Joe Mack
Jack Miles
Ben Badalamenti
Jayden Wojciechowski

All with Lakehead Mack played 3 years in the OHL Badalamenti played 2 season of Major Junior and Miles was originally a D1 commitment at Vermont so we can put to rest that they weren't able to get CHL talent
I want to see Lakehead be good, but let’s be real Miles put up relatively unimpressive numbers in Jr.A and theirs likely a reason he’s not headed to Vermont. Mack was a lower end Major Jr guy as was Badalamenti, I’d say that’s not much different than recruiting a tier 2 stud . Not trying to be negative but I wouldn’t get to amped up over this recruiting class…

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
I want to see Lakehead be good, but let’s be real Miles put up relatively unimpressive numbers in Jr.A and theirs likely a reason he’s not headed to Vermont. Mack was a lower end Major Jr guy as was Badalamenti, I’d say that’s not much different than recruiting a tier 2 stud . Not trying to be negative but I wouldn’t get to amped up over this recruiting class…
Lots of guys are lower end CHL, they develop later in university, and become more complete and mature players. If they were on the high end they are off to the NHL. As for Junior A, it really doesn't matter where you played, after two years in CIS. Maybe Miles didn't have the marks, maybe money, can be very expensive without a full ride scholarship. It could be a hundred different things other than goals and assists. Maybe he doesn't score, Steve Kluczkowski played four years in the OHA, scored 52 goals, his best was 32, comes to the AUS he is lights out, scores 92 over four years, leads the country in 1993, and he is just one of thousands. You just cannot go on numbers.

Lakeheadfan95

Jul 19, 2019
Fort William Gardens
People said the same thing about Speer and McPherson when lakehead recruited them in mid 2000s both had unimpressive OHL numbers but ended up putting up 50 points each in 2008 which in the OUA is like putting up 100 in the NHL

Reactions: dm8895

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
People said the same thing about Speer and McPherson when lakehead recruited them in mid 2000s both had unimpressive OHL numbers but ended up putting up 50 points each in 2008 which in the OUA is like putting up 100 in the NHL

If I was a Lakehead fan, I'd be much more concerned about the fact they just eked out two victories against a low-end NCAA Div III team than whether a couple of their recruits wore CHL jerseys for a season or two.

thook

Jan 9, 2010
Saturday the goalie for Northland stood on his head friday couple unlucky bounces but overall they played 2 good games

Northland didn't have high end skill but they were very fast and played hardnose. Lakehead also mailed it in after they got a lead on Friday.

Reactions: Lakeheadfan95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad