WC: 2021 USA Roster Talk

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Tony DeAngelo anyone??

We all know that USA Hockey is not going to ask him. I think he could be a good addition even he has not played recently. Unfortunately cancel culture is real and he's going to have trouble finding a new team. I don't say i agree some things he has said but still...

Labanc and Garland are decent start. Surprised about Garland because he is RFA but good to see. I think it is first time for him with USA Hockey so it is nice to see that he really wanted to do that.

Reactions: Omark

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I hope Garland brings some teammates. There are some good ones to choose from (Keller, Dvorak, Schmaltz, etc.).

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
How about captain america, mr. Patrick Kane ? I love to see him in USA jersey.

Reactions: Omark

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
How about captain america, mr. Patrick Kane ? I love to see him in USA jersey.

Would love to see him, DeBrincat, and maybe Connor Murphy. Kane has answered the call many times and I think he has a kid now so not sure if there's much of a chance he plays. Look forward to seeing him in the Olympics though.

Reactions: jaro

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Garland has been terrific...good for him. Remember watching him in Moncton and wondering if he would make it to the NHL or play in Europe.. He's answered that with his slick mits and his compete. Skilled and slippery.

Reactions: Friar85

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
We all know that USA Hockey is not going to ask him. I think he could be a good addition even he has not played recently. Unfortunately cancel culture is real and he's going to have trouble finding a new team. I don't say i agree some things he has said but still...

Labanc and Garland are decent start. Surprised about Garland because he is RFA but good to see. I think it is first time for him with USA Hockey so it is nice to see that he really wanted to do that.

DeAngelo isn't a victim of cancel culture. He's a victim of himself. He doesn't belong near a USAH roster.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Perhaps Jack Drury can get a spot? Good prospect who is having a good season in SHL. He is part of the top 6 for the team that is winning SHL.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Since the AHL playoffs are off, I would imagine young guys like Zegras, Boldy, York, Rathbone, Kaliyev, Turcotte, etc. are all heavily in play.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Change is hard when your entire presence on HF is built on a shtick.

Uncalled for and beneath you. My "shtick" on this site has included discussions on many topics, players and tournaments even before I chose my present name. I'm quite happy to have brought up the topic of the USA and it's unfair recruiting advantage over other countries. I don't recall anyone else mentioning it until I did and if that sticks in your craw so be it.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Uncalled for and beneath you. My "shtick" on this site has included discussions on many topics, players and tournaments even before I chose my present name. I'm quite happy to have brought up the topic of the USA and it's unfair recruiting advantage over other countries. I don't recall anyone else mentioning it until I did and if that sticks in your craw so be it.
The unfair recruiting advantage that people prefer to live here?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Shtick is exactly what it is. It's not unfair that USAH recruits American citizens to play for its program.

Reactions: SK94

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Oettinger, Gibson, Demko, Petersen and Stolarz. Decent options. I think that our goalie depth is slowly improving.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Of course they choose to stay where they have made their life based on the randomness of an NHL draft. In most cases they have nothing to come back to except maybe to visit their parents. Most have left their home by the time they are 16.

Talking about "shtick" what about the number of Americans on here constantly talking about dual citizens and if they will play or can be convinced to play for the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad