2021 Training Camp

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The skaters will be what they always are, good most of the time. My concern is that Lehner goes Lehner on us and DeBore is too pigheaded to play Brossoit more.

I think the number of times Fleury rescued games has been supremely underappreciated.

PDB has proven he'll play whoever he feels will give him the best chance to win. If he were that committed to Lehner at all costs why did Fleury get any starts in the playoffs at all? IF Lehner doesn't play well Brossoit and/or Thompson will get to play, but I doubt it will come to that.

Fleury might still be here if he didn't royally shit the bed, but he did and he's gone now. This team is no worse than it was 4 months ago. In fact it's quite a bit better when healthy.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
PDB has proven he'll play whoever he feels will give him the best chance to win. If he were that committed to Lehner at all costs why did Fleury get any starts in the playoffs at all? IF Lehner doesn't play well Brossoit and/or Thompson will get to play, but I doubt it will come to that.

Fleury might still be here if he didn't royally shit the bed, but he did and he's gone now. This team is no worse than it was 4 months ago. In fact it's quite a bit better when healthy.

I guess time will tell.....

Anyway, always excited when my ignore list grows! (not you)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I honestly don't love Lehner, it's just annoying to see the correctly named Fleury cult drag him at every opportunity since he's been here. In an average year for each there isn't much between them, especially in the playoffs, but it's like the Gordon Ramsay meme whenever either makes a mistake.

At this point, though, I would be ecstatic if Thompson were to go on another tear in the AHL, like less than 15GA in 15 games or something, and get called up and instantly look like he belongs as Brossoit continues his excellent form which would open up the possibility of a Lehner trade for his own benefit in dealing with a rather large swath of our fanbase, for the extra cap room and to finally put all the Fleury drama bs behind the entire organization.

I'd also be excited for Lehner to quiet that group of fans, but I've seen examples before in sports that make me believe that even with success, a way too large number will still never embrace him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't get what they see in Leschyshyn. Elvenes and Jones didn't even get 1 preseason game.

They can't risk an Elvenes injury for the blockbuster Eichel trade of course.

Leschyshyn at center and Krebs on the wing also.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You just have to hope that the players start giving a shit when the games matter cause if this is how they play during the season, they will find themselves at the bottom of the standings despite playing in a bad division.

Lehner is currently doing nothing to tell me he will be able to save the teams ass like Fleury did.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So if Howden, Roy, Theodore and Tuch(before going on LTIR) are on IR...

they can keep Brown(for now) on the roster and maybe call up Dorofeyev and Dugan for maximum accruable cap, then put Tuch on LTIR, send them down and then call up a D and a C for opening night.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I guess this is where we can discuss the game. Not a good showing. We will be fine come regular season time, but with most started in the lineup and getting shutout by San Jose…​

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Got to say, I am most unimpressed by Lehner - Philadelphia for years had really good teams that went nowhere cause of lousy goaltending. Funny feeling we may wind up with Brossoit as a starter, though PDB is basically too pigheaded to change unless he's forced.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Got to say, I am most unimpressed by Lehner - Philadelphia for years had really good teams that went nowhere cause of lousy goaltending. Funny feeling we may wind up with Brossoit as a starter, though PDB is basically too pigheaded to change unless he's forced.

I have been unimpressed with Lehner ever since his days with Ottawa.

Shouldn't have signed him for 5 years.

Should have just kept Fleury and maybe have Thompson as the backup.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I have been unimpressed with Lehner ever since his days with Ottawa.

Shouldn't have signed him for 5 years.

Should have just kept Fleury and maybe have Thompson as the backup.

I would have kept Fleury, gotten rid of Lehner (if there was a taker) gotten Brossoit anyway as a backup and gotten Thompson another year of seasoning, then the following year resign
Fleury much cheaper for 1-2 years. But it is what it is - I just hope if Lehner craps the bed, as I think he will, they switch to Brossoit, I think he can be a #1.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Arizona was 5-1, New Jersey was 4-1. Should both teams be making postseason plans due to their stellar preseason play?

As seasons pass these games seem to get worse. Good teams have no intention of showing anything close to a full power lineup. NHL coaches used to think the first half of games were to see who was going to make the team and then the last couple games were to get the players together and in rhythm. Now its just don't get anyone hurt and we'll figure it out in the first week of the regular season.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
How has Dadonov looked? Dailyfaceoff has him on PP1, is that true? Is he worth a late round draft pick?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
How has Dadonov looked? Dailyfaceoff has him on PP1, is that true? Is he worth a late round draft pick?

Hard to tell when the entire team was just going through the motions. The PP units are equally talented so they'll split time, but he'll be on one of them. I think he's good for 20g/20a.

Reactions: D4ngleSZN

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Depending on how banged up the 4th liners are, I wouldn't mind if they snagged Gauthier, Wagner or Alex BB off waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad