2021 Season Discussion Thread

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's perhaps a little earlier than normal to start up this thread, plus there's thread for keeper help, but I figured maybe I'd get this rolling because there are some things I've been thinking about that I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts on.

Where would you draft Trevor Lawrence? How about specifically in relation to Joe Burrow (who's an interesting case coming off major injury.) And how far are either behind Justin Herbert?

What about Najee Harris? I think he's really good but how good are the Steelers on offense really? And will they give him carries? In a typical 2-back fantasy league, is he an RB2 or high-end RB3?

Let's get this season rolling!

Reactions: Monk and DS7

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I think depends on your league size and settings. I don't plan on touching Lawrence in any of my 1QB leagues when I can get players like Brady/Tannehill relatively late and cheap. 14 team leagues, or 2QB leagues, I'll be intrigued. I personally think Trey Lance has a bigger upside fantasy wise than Lawrence, depending on if he can take the job from Jimmy G. Much better situation.

Joe Burrow is my backup plan if I miss on Tannehill/Brady. I love his receiving corps and a bit worried about his injury, but he'll be throwing a ton. Bengals will be playing behind all year.

Justin Herbert was great last year, his ADP seems a bit rich for me this year. I haven't been taking him in my mocks. It's like he falls in the sweet spot tier of his own between Murray/Jackson and Brady/Tannehill, during those times I'm usually gunning for my RB/WR depth.

Najee Harris I think will be really good, my concerns are mainly with the Steeler's O-line being weaker than last year, Big Ben's arm hanging by a string, and the covid risk. If I secure a good RB in the 1st round, I'm comfortable taking a flier on Najee in the 2nd.

Thoughts on a breakout Tight End this year? Anyone drafting Kelce in the 1st?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think depends on your league size and settings. I don't plan on touching Lawrence in any of my 1QB leagues when I can get players like Brady/Tannehill relatively late and cheap. 14 team leagues, or 2QB leagues, I'll be intrigued. I personally think Trey Lance has a bigger upside fantasy wise than Lawrence, depending on if he can take the job from Jimmy G. Much better situation.

Joe Burrow is my backup plan if I miss on Tannehill/Brady. I love his receiving corps and a bit worried about his injury, but he'll be throwing a ton. Bengals will be playing behind all year.

Justin Herbert was great last year, his ADP seems a bit rich for me this year. I haven't been taking him in my mocks. It's like he falls in the sweet spot tier of his own between Murray/Jackson and Brady/Tannehill, during those times I'm usually gunning for my RB/WR depth.

Najee Harris I think will be really good, my concerns are mainly with the Steeler's O-line being weaker than last year, Big Ben's arm hanging by a string, and the covid risk. If I secure a good RB in the 1st round, I'm comfortable taking a flier on Najee in the 2nd.

Yes, Lawrence is a backup for sure, but I just wonder if he has Herbert rookie-season potential. I typically wait on a starter and am always looking for a value backup.

Is Kelce going to hit the value-for-investment wall? I play in one league where all TE/WR are the same position, i.e. we don't carry a TEW specific roster spot. I might actually be more interested in Kelce in that league.

But will Kittle be a little forgotten? And I really like that group of Hockenson/Fant/Tonyan/Thomas.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Cannot wait for this season to start. Last year i had such bad luck with Kittle, Barkley, Burrows and Dak going down in multiple leagues where i had some of them stacked.

Bounce back season! All in on Herbert if he drops a bit in my draft. I got lucky in one league when Dak went down i was able to scoop him but in the other league Dak went down and then i got Burrows...........................and then..............lol.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It's perhaps a little earlier than normal to start up this thread, plus there's thread for keeper help, but I figured maybe I'd get this rolling because there are some things I've been thinking about that I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts on.

Where would you draft Trevor Lawrence? How about specifically in relation to Joe Burrow (who's an interesting case coming off major injury.) And how far are either behind Justin Herbert?

What about Najee Harris? I think he's really good but how good are the Steelers on offense really? And will they give him carries? In a typical 2-back fantasy league, is he an RB2 or high-end RB3?

Let's get this season rolling!
In a 1 QB league I’m not touching Lawrence. I’d put Burrows only slightly ahead, just because I’ve been impressed with him at the NFL level. Not much faith in Cincy in general, but they added Chase, so that gives Burrows solid fantasy potential.

They’re both a ignificantly behind Herbert IMO.

I expect Najee to finish as a mid-range RB2. I figure the Steelers didn’t drop Conner and draft Najee to limit his touches. They know they can’t have Ben throw 45+ times so by volume alone he’ll be productive for fantasy football purposes at least.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

I drafted Kelce with the first pick of the second round last year and won my league. I have no problem drafting him in the first round this year. I think I would pick him over any WR. If I'm drafting outside the top 7 or so in the first round and I end up with Kelce, then I'm very happy.

Reactions: DS7

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Picking #1 overall in one of my leagues, who would you guys pick? I’ve never picked this high in football, I’m usually in the back half of the round

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
My fiancee is picking 5th in her PPR league, operating under the assumption that - CMC, Cook, Kamara, Zeke are gone - do you go with?

Henry
Barkley
Adams
Kelce

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
I always prefer to go RB with my first pick, unless there is another player in another position that is clearly better (Which is not the case here IMO).

I have a personal preference with Barkley, but Henry would be a good pick too

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Picking #1 overall in one of my leagues, who would you guys pick? I’ve never picked this high in football, I’m usually in the back half of the round
It's CMC and not particularly close.

My fiancee is picking 5th in her PPR league, operating under the assumption that - CMC, Cook, Kamara, Zeke are gone - do you go with?

Henry
Barkley
Adams
Kelce
I would pick Adams or Henry.

There is a pretty stable group of RB in the 2nd round this year that can be used as an RB1 (Gibson/Mixon/JT/Najee), having Adams as a WR1 may be worth it. Also depends on if you start 2 or 3 WR.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
If you're in a full or half-PPR league it's McCaffrey, for sure. If you're worried about injury concerns with CMC (you shouldn't be), I'd go with Derrick Henry, as I consider him the safest RB you can pick. In a standard league I think Henry would be a reasonable 1 Overall.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Henry
Barkley
Adams
Kelce
I'm staying away from Barkley, the injury problems are too much for me, ATM.

I very rarely pick a non-RB 1st round, so I'd go Derrick Henry and never look back.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yup, I'm leaning towards the same. And also thinking about taking Devontae Booker as a handcuff.
Booker is a solid handcuff for sure, I'm stashing him later in my draft. He should go significantly late, so if Barkley stays healthy Booker wouldn't be a big draft risk, but if Barkley goes down you can end up with a starting RB in the last couple rounds of the draft.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
worth using the #1 waiver on Mitchell from the 9ers now that Mostert is out 8 weeks? I have a feeling Sermon gets used more.

Depends on what the rest of your RBs look like. I'm not a huge fan of using waiver priority (or in my one league, one of a limited number of add/drops) to wade into a situation after one week when it's not clear at all what's going to be happening. Sure, I miss out on some stuff but some of what I miss out on is beneficial.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Tough go of it in week 1 losing Gus Edwards, Cowboys abandoning the running game with Zeke and Aiyuk being in the doghouse...

Hopefully Corey Davis can be my year long WR2 if Aiyuk is truly going to be played out.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Tough go of it in week 1 losing Gus Edwards, Cowboys abandoning the running game with Zeke and Aiyuk being in the doghouse...

Hopefully Corey Davis can be my year long WR2 if Aiyuk is truly going to be played out.

Zeke was playing against an elite run defense without his 4x all pro guard and Aiyuk was injured

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Depends on what the rest of your RBs look like. I'm not a huge fan of using waiver priority (or in my one league, one of a limited number of add/drops) to wade into a situation after one week when it's not clear at all what's going to be happening. Sure, I miss out on some stuff but some of what I miss out on is beneficial.
My rb's are as follows...

Montgomery
Henderson Jr.
Gordon
Fournette
Hines

.5 ppr

Now with the news that Mostert will mill the rest of the season, its making me want to pull the trigger even though I don't really need him

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
We have the Faab system. 100 bucks each. Lost Edwards before the season. My RB right now are

Chase Edmonds
Latavius Murray
Tevin Coleman
JD Mckissic
Chuba Hubbard

Seriously considering using the whole works on E. Mitchell and K. Gainwell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad