Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
1.) They need centers.
2.) Parise was good in the playoffs. Still ready to be rid of him.
3.) They need centers.
4.) Talbot was alright, but wasn't the sort of goalie that could pull a rabbit out of his hat when the team needed it. Better than last year, anyway.
5.) They need centers.
6.) Kaprizov was underwhelming, but I thought he got better as he adjusted. A number of great setups died on Rask's stick.
7.) They need centers.
8.) I'm sure Fiala's name will come up in trade talk, but he was one of the only guys that seemed to be able to cut through Vegas' ****shit consistently. Guy needs a linemate.
9.) They NEED centers.
10.) I'm going to miss Dumba.
11.) They need centers.
12.) I still have a lot of Hamm's to drink.

I'd say they exceed expectations, but mostly this season feels like wasted potential.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
1.) They need centers.
2.) Parise was good in the playoffs. Still ready to be rid of him.
3.) They need centers.
4.) Talbot was alright, but wasn't the sort of goalie that could pull a rabbit out of his hat when the team needed it. Better than last year, anyway.
5.) They need centers.
6.) Kaprizov was underwhelming, but I thought he got better as he adjusted. A number of great setups died on Rask's stick.
7.) They need centers.
8.) I'm sure Fiala's name will come up in trade talk, but he was one of the only guys that seemed to be able to cut through Vegas' ****shit consistently. Guy needs a linemate.
9.) They need centers.
10.) I'm going to miss Dumba.
11.) They need centers.
12.) I still have a lot of Hamm's to drink.

I'd say they exceed expectations, but mostly this season feels like wasted potential.
Tough to disagree with any of that, except for #9. They NEED centers

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
And that was the last game in a Wild jersey for some players...but who?

And how will the lineup look like on opening night in October?

Interesting summer coming up.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
All in all, I'm happy with this season. I did not expect much but we actually played good hockey for the most part.

I 100% believe that we would have won this series quite easily if we were better at faceoffs. Billy G needs to find improvements to our center department, having the likes of Rask or Hartman as top 6 centers is not a good idea.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Anyone that is a UFA is gone. One of Rask/Parise is gone. Probably the only subtractions here.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Johansson is probably gone. If not, I'd be very surprised.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, tiny little Calen Addison didn't get abused too badly. Mebbe we should've played Boldy, but who do you take out? Bjugstad, who just scored last game, or Parise who scored last game and this game? Bonino?

We all knew it before the season when we were assured that we didn't have any top 6 C's, and killed us, even though JEE played his ass off.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well, tiny little Calen Addison didn't get abused too badly. Mebbe we should've played Boldy, but who do you take out? Bjugstad, who just scored last game, or Parise who scored last game and this game? Bonino?

We all knew it before the season when we were assured that we didn't have any top 6 C's, and killed us, even though JEE played his ass off.
Addison needs time to adjust to the bigboy game, but his puck skills sure do look like they translate to the NHL. Not sure how his defense will develop but he'll be a welcome addition on the powerplay.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Huge offseason incoming. I usually shut it down but I'm already jacked for next year. What's next? Entry draft or expansion draft?

Reactions: Ori

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Man.....that sucked. Had to watch the Twins get shelled live and the Wild get drubbed on the big screen. It was pretty much full Minnesota. What’s amazing is how resigned to losing everyone at the ballpark was. Just life as usual for us MN Nicers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad