Roster Moves: 2021 Roster Thread XXVI: On and off ice changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
At the risk of my Authentic Fan card actually being mailed out for delivery, I think I actively want shit to hit the fan early on. I just want the Band-Aid ripped off.
The best thing for this franchise would be for this season to look like
crash-burn.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Do you see this camp having competition for jobs? AV’s pets have positions locked up. The young guys are going down to LV. Competition my @$$.
I see it as not gifting significant roles to young players who haven't proved it yet, which was a major problem last season. I see it as ramping up the sharpness and competition level in camp, because now the young players will be motivated to leave an impression instead of knowing they've got the job no matter what, and the vets will be spurred by having young players breathing down their necks.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I still can't wrap my head around the talk about cap space and then wasting $1.5 mil on Hart. There is no plan.
Wasted on both Hart and Sanheim... Neither deserved raises that large. I agree those deals make no sense at all..... but Brassard is a + or neutral on cap side. 3rd line Center for $850k is a steal. If he doesn't make the team he gets waived or sent down with literally no cost on the cap unless he's replaced by a player making less which there are hardly any players on the roster making less (Bunny is the only one I can think of that may make the roster)

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The problem is you're looking at the Brassard signing in a vacuum. He will play and it won't be based on merit. At some point they need to give Frost an extended look(40+ games) to see what they have. If he fails he fails. Frost has the potential to be a key contributor for many years, Brassard doesn't.

There aint no way they're winning the cup this year and all these offseason moves were made with short term plans in mind. The plan, hopefully make the playoffs and win a round so they can go to Scott and say we got better. It's obvious Fletch is making moves with job security in mind and not what's best for the franchise long term.

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Brassard and Thompson are your 3 and 4 c's

G. Coot's and Atkinson
Jvr. Hayes. Farabee
Laughton. Brassard. Tk
Lindblom. Thompson. Nak.

Allison maybe over nak.

Sadly but I think that's what our super system head dork of a coach runs opening night. Frost must love this signing today knowing he will not be on the opening roster.

Then starts scratching Allison, nak tk, lindblom when they are feeling too good about themselves. Destroys Hart and run with super vet Jones.
I predict a wasted season. Hope I am wrong!!!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Brassard and Thompson are your 3 and 4 c's

G. Coot's and Atkinson
Jvr. Hayes. Farabee
Laughton. Brassard. Tk
Lindblom. Thompson. Nak.

Allison maybe over nak.

Sadly but I think that's what our super system head dork of a coach runs opening night. Frost must love this signing today knowing he will not be on the opening roster.

Then starts scratching Allison, nak tk, lindblom when they are feeling too good about themselves. Destroys Hart and run with super vet Jones.
I predict a wasted season. Hope I am wrong!!!
NAK Looked good in a small sample. Like many players have done before. Many got all excited. Then the clock struck midnight. He is 12/13 fwd on an average teams. Marginal nhl player. Hopefully they can get a 6th rd pick for him by some challenged GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad