11. FORFIET

12. Calgary Flames : Carson Lambos

13. Chicago Blackhawks : Matthew Coranoto

14. Philadelphia Flyers : Cole Sillinger

15. Dallas Stars: Fabian Lysell

16. New York Rangers : Fyodor Svechkov

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I specify that these are not the choices that I will make but what I think the franchises will do

1 O.Power - Buffalo

By selecting Power, Buffalo makes his weak point his strong point and gives Dahlin some serious help. The prospect of a defensive body led by Dahlin and Power is very attractive. Eichel should bite into this project with Cozens and Mittelstadt in C2 and C3.

2 M.Beniers - Seattle

New team without pool prospect, Seattle should go on a center. Beniers or Eklund. I rather see Seattle going to Beniers to follow the dominant trend.

3 W.Eklund - Anaheim

This prospect is very underestimated. Yet he is more valuable than Lucas Raymond last year. Anaheim selected Drysdale last year and offensively it's poor. The franchise likes the Swedes. The temptation to take Luke Hughes exists but by rereading Anaheim's current workforce and hopes, the void seems too spectacular to me. Anaheim needs an additional elite striker alongside Zegras and Comtois. Preferably a player capable of playing center.

4 L.Hughes - New Jersey

Clarke is more suited to New Jersey's needs. But Luke Hughes is Jack's brother and that matters. For the cohesion of a collective project, in the perspective of the signing of contract (which makes more the difference than the draft), I think that New Jersey will choose to surround Jack by Luke. With the prospect of getting Quinn in the future if Ty Smith keeps pushing up his hill. However, Graeme Clarke is also in the organization. So family reasons are equally valid for each other. The choice of New Jersey could be made easier by the selection of L. Hughes in 3.But considering that W. Eklund is selected in 3; I see L.Hughes in 4. Choice perhaps too influenced by my desire.

5 B.Clarke - Columbus

Seth Jones wants to leave. Brandt Clarke would automatically resolve his replacement issue and Columbus could steer Seth Jones' trade towards an forward. If Clarke is available in 5, I hardly see Columbus going to a cross considering that this need will be met by a trade with Jones. If Jones did not want to leave, the decision would inevitably be opposed.

6 K.Johnson - Detroit

Larkin has been weak this year. Veleno will never be an elite center in NHL. There is much less need on the wing and in defense. I think Detroit will pick a creative and technical center capable of leading a line with Raymond as the assisting winger and / or Zadina as the scoring winger. I didn't even take into account that Johnson was already playing in Michigan.

7 D.Guenther - San Jose

It wouldn't be my choice as I would rather go to Lucius, Wallstedt or Edvinsson if I chose for San Jose. But I rather see San Jose selecting Guenther. I hesitated with Wallstedt but the fact that Knight and Askarov weren't top 10 picked blocked that thought. Very clearly, I see San Jose not making the best choice in my eyes. Every year these are things that happen. Edvinsson may not seem strong enough to be chosen in Guenther's place, and Lucius must not appear safe enough.

8 S.Edvinsson - LA Kings

The pool prospect is already complete in offensive. Cal Petersen has shown some interesting things that may deter Wallstedt's selection. I can see LA being seduced by this player to lead the new defensive generation.

9 C.Sillinger - Vancouver

Prospect too underestimated. I don't see Vancouver picking a defender if Lambos is the BPA in 9. I can see Vancouver choosing a pure center by giving in to the temptation of having two elite centers in the future for a decade. The other alternative would be Lucius. But he is less physical, has played less. Sillinger played in the WHL and his father in the organization. These are reasons that may lead Vancouver to have collected more information on this player.

10 J.Wallstedt - Ottawa

Last year, I would have rather selected Askarov in 5 but I saw Ottawa not do it. I have very little respect for Ottawa's choices. Sanderson for Drysdale, Thomson for Heinola. On draft day it seemed like a mistake to me. The time that has passed has reinforced these feelings. Lucius can be thought to complement Stutzle and Tkachuk. But the need for the goalkeeper position is too great. Ottawa has been dragging this issue around for too long and it's not Mads Sogaard, another bad choice from Ottawa, who will solve it. Ottawa would pleasantly surprise me by taking what I think is the right direction.

11 C.Lucius - Chicago

I have Lucius in high esteem. 7th on my board. But I see him slipping. Last year Chicago made the two choices I would have made in their place: Reichel and Commesso. The guardian position is no longer a problem and in any case Wallstedt is no longer available in my mock. Dach has enormous qualities but I see him more as a physical and mobile C2 that weighs on the defenses. Lucius has qualities that match Dach's weaknesses, and Dach fills Lucius' weaknesses. Kane and Toews won't really be in the game anymore when Dach and Lucius enter their prime.

12 M.McTavish - Calgary

Player over-rated by NHL central roster. But in 12, even though he's only 13th on my board, I don't see him slipping any lower. More physical than Lucius, McTavish had a very good U18 tournament. But it must be remembered that it was worn by two players younger than him while Lucius was away. He can indeed start higher considering precedents like Hayton. But that would be a mistake as Hayton was a mistake. McTavish should appear as a safe choice in 12 for Calgary.

13 F.Pinelli - Philadelphie

Philadelphia has a need for a center. I am used to seeing reachs for centers even if this was not the case in 2019 and 2020. But in the middle of the table in the first round, with mainly wingers and defenders still available, I can see a reach for Pinelli by a team that esteems him higher. Why is my intuition leading me to Philadelphia? Arguably the rest of the trauma of WTF 2018 pick: Jay O'Brien. Considering the fact that no talent center has taken over the past 3 years, that Patrick is finished before he started, I see Philadelphia doing what would be a good reach. Aatu Raty doesn't seem to me to come across as a true center to attract Philadelphia and he should be penalized by his poor season and inability to show himself as a playmaker.

14 S.Pastujov - Dallas

Other alternatives: Lysell, Lambos, Raty, Chibrikov... I have Pastujov very high on my list (11th). I think we undervalue USDP players in mocks every year, including in 2019. Dallas has often surprised. My choice was influenced by the fact that Dallas has no winger in its pool prospect and the NHL winger is not very interesting even taking into account the progress of Robertson.

15 A.Raty - NY Rangers

The prospect pool is so deep in defense that NY Rangers are forced to free up chairs and there is still room for Schneider or even Robertson. So I don't think NY Rangers will select Lambos. Wingers outnumber centers in the roster. I see NY Rangers selecting Aatu Raty by giving in to the temptation to get an elite center if he's well developed.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I specify that these are not the choices that I will make but what I think the franchises will do

1 O.Power - Buffalo

By selecting Power, Buffalo makes his weak point his strong point and gives Dahlin some serious help. The prospect of a defensive body led by Dahlin and Power is very attractive. Eichel should bite into this project with Cozens and Mittelstadt in C2 and C3.

2 M.Beniers - Seattle

New team without pool prospect, Seattle should go on a center. Beniers or Eklund. I rather see Seattle going to Beniers to follow the dominant trend.

3 W.Eklund - Anaheim

This prospect is very underestimated. Yet he is more valuable than Lucas Raymond last year. Anaheim selected Drysdale last year and offensively it's poor. The franchise likes the Swedes. The temptation to take Luke Hughes exists but by rereading Anaheim's current workforce and hopes, the void seems too spectacular to me. Anaheim needs an additional elite striker alongside Zegras and Comtois. Preferably a player capable of playing center.

4 L.Hughes - New Jersey

Clarke is more suited to New Jersey's needs. But Luke Hughes is Jack's brother and that matters. For the cohesion of a collective project, in the perspective of the signing of contract (which makes more the difference than the draft), I think that New Jersey will choose to surround Jack by Luke. With the prospect of getting Quinn in the future if Ty Smith keeps pushing up his hill. However, Graeme Clarke is also in the organization. So family reasons are equally valid for each other. The choice of New Jersey could be made easier by the selection of L. Hughes in 3.But considering that W. Eklund is selected in 3; I see L.Hughes in 4. Choice perhaps too influenced by my desire.

5 B.Clarke - Columbus

Seth Jones wants to leave. Brandt Clarke would automatically resolve his replacement issue and Columbus could steer Seth Jones' trade towards an forward. If Clarke is available in 5, I hardly see Columbus going to a cross considering that this need will be met by a trade with Jones. If Jones did not want to leave, the decision would inevitably be opposed.

6 K.Johnson - Detroit

Larkin has been weak this year. Veleno will never be an elite center in NHL. There is much less need on the wing and in defense. I think Detroit will pick a creative and technical center capable of leading a line with Raymond as the assisting winger and / or Zadina as the scoring winger. I didn't even take into account that Johnson was already playing in Michigan.

7 D.Guenther - San Jose

It wouldn't be my choice as I would rather go to Lucius, Wallstedt or Edvinsson if I chose for San Jose. But I rather see San Jose selecting Guenther. I hesitated with Wallstedt but the fact that Knight and Askarov weren't top 10 picked blocked that thought. Very clearly, I see San Jose not making the best choice in my eyes. Every year these are things that happen. Edvinsson may not seem strong enough to be chosen in Guenther's place, and Lucius must not appear safe enough.

8 S.Edvinsson - LA Kings

The pool prospect is already complete in offensive. Cal Petersen has shown some interesting things that may deter Wallstedt's selection. I can see LA being seduced by this player to lead the new defensive generation.

Prospect too underestimated. I don't see Vancouver picking a defender if Lambos is the BPA in 9. I can see Vancouver choosing a pure center by giving in to the temptation of having two elite centers in the future for a decade. The other alternative would be Lucius. But he is less physical, has played less. Sillinger played in the WHL and his father in the organization. These are reasons that may lead Vancouver to have collected more information on this player.

10 J.Wallstedt - Ottawa

Last year, I would have rather selected Askarov in 5 but I saw Ottawa not do it. I have very little respect for Ottawa's choices. Sanderson for Drysdale, Thomson for Heinola. On draft day it seemed like a mistake to me. The time that has passed has reinforced these feelings. Lucius can be thought to complement Stutzle and Tkachuk. But the need for the goalkeeper position is too great. Ottawa has been dragging this issue around for too long and it's not Mads Sogaard, another bad choice from Ottawa, who will solve it. Ottawa would pleasantly surprise me by taking what I think is the right direction.

11 C.Lucius - Chicago

I have Lucius in high esteem. 7th on my board. But I see him slipping. Last year Chicago made the two choices I would have made in their place: Reichel and Commesso. The guardian position is no longer a problem and in any case Wallstedt is no longer available in my mock. Dach has enormous qualities but I see him more as a physical and mobile C2 that weighs on the defenses. Lucius has qualities that match Dach's weaknesses, and Dach fills Lucius' weaknesses. Kane and Toews won't really be in the game anymore when Dach and Lucius enter their prime.

12 M.McTavish - Calgary

Player over-rated by NHL central roster. But in 12, even though he's only 13th on my board, I don't see him slipping any lower. More physical than Lucius, McTavish had a very good U18 tournament. But it must be remembered that it was worn by two players younger than him while Lucius was away. He can indeed start higher considering precedents like Hayton. But that would be a mistake as Hayton was a mistake. McTavish should appear as a safe choice in 12 for Calgary.

Philadelphia has a need for a center. I am used to seeing reachs for centers even if this was not the case in 2019 and 2020. But in the middle of the table in the first round, with mainly wingers and defenders still available, I can see a reach for Pinelli by a team that esteems him higher. Why is my intuition leading me to Philadelphia? Arguably the rest of the trauma of WTF 2018 pick: Jay O'Brien. Considering the fact that no talent center has taken over the past 3 years, that Patrick is finished before he started, I see Philadelphia doing what would be a good reach. Aatu Raty doesn't seem to me to come across as a true center to attract Philadelphia and he should be penalized by his poor season and inability to show himself as a playmaker.

14 S.Pastujov - Dallas

Other alternatives: Lysell, Lambos, Raty, Chibrikov... I have Pastujov very high on my list (11th). I think we undervalue USDP players in mocks every year, including in 2019. Dallas has often surprised. My choice was influenced by the fact that Dallas has no winger in its pool prospect and the NHL winger is not very interesting even taking into account the progress of Robertson.

15 A.Raty - NY Rangers

The prospect pool is so deep in defense that NY Rangers are forced to free up chairs and there is still room for Schneider or even Robertson. So I don't think NY Rangers will select Lambos. Wingers outnumber centers in the roster. I see NY Rangers selecting Aatu Raty by giving in to the temptation to get an elite center if he's well developed.

Ottawa isn't selecting a goalie 10th overall. They have a plethora of good young goalies in the system in Gustavsson, D'accord, Sogaard (2nd Rd 2019), and Merileinen (3rd Rd 2020). They have expended a large amount of draft capital on goalies in the last two years and will look to add more depth at C, RW or RD and definitely not goalie. Askorov at 5th overall would have been a bad pick, much happier with Sanderson.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa

1 O.Power - Buffalo

2 M.Beniers - Seattle

3 W.Eklund - Anaheim

4 L.Hughes - New Jersey

5 B.Clarke - Columbus

6 K.Johnson - Detroit

7 D.Guenther - San Jose

8 S.Edvinsson - LA Kings

10 J.Wallstedt - Ottawa

11 C.Lucius - Chicago

12 M.McTavish - Calgary

14 S.Pastujov - Dallas

15 A.Raty - NY Rangers

Sanderson will be better than Drysdale IMO

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I would be very upset if the Flames picked Lambos. With Hanifin/Valimaki/Mackey on the left side I don’t view Lambos as a need. Would rather go for a C or RW prospect.

also, why are the Blackhawks choosing after the Flames?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Ottawa isn't selecting a goalie 10th overall. They have a plethora of good young goalies in the system in Gustavsson, D'accord, Sogaard (2nd Rd 2019), and Merileinen (3rd Rd 2020). They have expended a large amount of draft capital on goalies in the last two years and will look to add more depth at C, RW or RD and definitely not goalie. Askorov at 5th overall would have been a bad pick, much happier with Sanderson.

Each team selects at least one goalie every two years. Before selecting Knight, Florida had Bobrovski, Driedger and Montembault. Florida has selected 6 goalies in 8 years. Before selecting Askarov, Nashville had the Rinne-Saros pair and selected 6 goalies in 5 years. The group of players you mention really doesn't offer any guarantees. Daccord and Sogaard don't look like GK1 / 2 at all. Merilainen does not even play in Liiga. In any case, I see it that way. Too risky to pass on Wallstedt by betting on the players you mention. If Ottawa accumulates goalies every year, it is because there is an awareness of the problem. The arrival of Murray in F.A made it possible to pass on Askarov to take a defender. But this is a choice n ° 10.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ

1 O.Power - Buffalo

2 M.Beniers - Seattle

3 W.Eklund - Anaheim

4 L.Hughes - New Jersey

5 B.Clarke - Columbus

6 K.Johnson - Detroit

7 D.Guenther - San Jose

8 S.Edvinsson - LA Kings

10 J.Wallstedt - Ottawa

11 C.Lucius - Chicago

12 M.McTavish - Calgary

14 S.Pastujov - Dallas

15 A.Raty - NY Rangers

Yes Rangers get Ratay. Boom or bust baby

Last edited:

3rdWheelNeil

Nov 26, 2014

All of this! Thank you Dan Patrick. Was basically going to say the same thing.

Dirtyfighter is WAY OFF with his overall assessment of the Sens prospect pool. Sounds personal. lol

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Wallstedt is indefinitely superior to any goalie selected by Ottawa.

Ottawa has more reasons to select Wallstedt than Nashville had to select Askarov or Florida for Knight.

3rdWheelNeil

Nov 26, 2014
Wallstedt is indefinitely superior to any goalie selected by Ottawa.

Ottawa has more reasons to select Wallstedt than Nashville had to select Askarov or Florida for Knight.
Completely disagree, which is OK. Also, Knight >>> Askarov & at least 7 chevrons better than Wallstedt.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Completely disagree, which is OK. Also, Knight >>> Askarov & at least 7 chevrons better than Wallstedt.

Currently I would have the same order but they are not the same age.

In 19 months, Wallstedt will probably be at a very different level.

Your thought is very easy to contradict.

Many of Ottawa's goalies are Swedish including the top prospect (Filip Gustavsson).

Wallstedt is the best Swedish U19 goalkeeper in history and is at the same stage of development as Gustafsson in draft + 2. Knowing that he stagnated for a long time afterwards.

In any case, Wallstedt is diagnosed by the insiders as an elite top 15 draft talent. This is also my opinion.

If you think he's less promising than Filip Gustavsson that's your opinion.

But it's an iconoclastic opinion

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I agree with the above sentiments of other Sens Fans.
Ottawa isn't taking a goalie that high.
I have them taking Lucuis. Some guy decided to post his own mock in my thread instead of posting his own thread

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Nothing is ridiculous. That is my opinion.

I built it thinking that Guenther is a winger, a position that is less valuable than D or C.

All the players ranked in front of him on my board are D or C.

For me Guenther is not strong enough to be higher.

Maybe it's you who overestimates Guenther. Ask yourself the question.

In addition, in my thinking, I take into account the needs of San Jose.

The players I quote are ranked behind Guenther (8), except Lucius (7).

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
^^But if you listen to some, teams are not supposed to pick for need that high in the draft, they're to pick the BPA at all times and always ! And i'm not criticizing you or your opinion, but Guenther seriously lit it up in junior this year yet doesn't seem to be getting the love that he should be, in my opinion. :fight:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

having a bunch of goalies do not mean you have a good one. None of those guys are sure thing.

that said it’s risky to spend high pick on goalie unless you know what you are doing like Tampa

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
^^But if you listen to some, teams are not supposed to pick for need that high in the draft, they're to pick the BPA at all times and always ! And i'm not criticizing you or your opinion, but Guenther seriously lit it up in junior this year yet doesn't seem to be getting the love that he should be, in my opinion. :fight:

Hunter Shinkaruk lit up too. Not saying they are the same but stats can only tell so much

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Hunter Shinkaruk lit up too. Not saying they are the same but stats can only tell so much

OK then, what is it about him that doesn't tell you much? o_O

and not sure how you came to the conclusion that Guenther is comparable to Shinkaruk? :huh:

Last edited:

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe it's you who overestimates Guenther. Ask yourself the question.

Can't see how a player with 12 goals and 12 assists in 12 games can be "overestimated"? :huh: The great guru of hockey Bob McKenzie had Guenther ranked in a tie for 2nd with Edvinsson so that's whom I will believe ! I think it's more of other teams fans are underestimating Guenther than me overrating him ! o_O

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
OK then, what is it about him that doesn't tell you much? o_O

and not sure how you came to the conclusion that Guenther is comparable to Shinkaruk? :huh:
1) I didn’t compare them. I only compare their short hot streaks. Guenther played 12 freaking games this year.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Can't see how a player with 12 goals and 12 assists in 12 games can be "overestimated"? :huh: The great guru of hockey Bob McKenzie had Guenther ranked in a tie for 2nd with Edvinsson so that's whom I will believe ! I think it's more of other teams fans are underestimating Guenther than me overrating him ! o_O

The WHL level was lower than usual with very few 19-20 year olds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad