Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread II - Eichel-watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
A small Eichel update:
NHL Rumors: Jack Eichel and the Detroit Red Wings' Draft | NHL Rumors

Side note, why does everyone continue to put the Kings as a top landing spot even though all signs point to them not being in?

There was a rumor that said they'd be out of the sweepstakes for now, but mostly come back when the field narrows down. LA does have a lot of prospects and the 8th overall pick in this year's draft. Then factor in Doughty's comment about pissing away his time now while waiting on prospects to develop and it adds some fodder for returning to the trade table later.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Don't think we are getting Eichel anymore, from the new rumor twitter guy seems they are hellbent on Zegras and that ain't happening.

I think you’re giving that clown too much credit. From reviewing his tweets he really doesn’t do anything. He’s basically a more cocky Elkund. He makes speculating tweets then sells it that he broke the news early.

I’m sure they’ll want Zegras (don’t blame them), but I don’t think that takes us out of the running. Few, if any, are going to have a piece as valuable as 3rd overall. Like Static said, they’ll squeeze until they can’t anymore. They’ll either take the best offer at that time or gamble and hold on to him hoping to get more next offseason.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I just still don’t see a vast amount of true suitors for Eichel.

I think the Wild have played themselves out of contention for him. They have to sign Kaprizov too for a large chunk of cash. Unless he’s actually going to the KHL which I doubt

And I just don’t see Eichel being traded to the Rival Rangers

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I just still don’t see a vast amount of true suitors for Eichel.

I think the Wild have played themselves out of contention for him. They have to sign Kaprizov too for a large chunk of cash. Unless he’s actually going to the KHL which I doubt

And I just don’t see Eichel being traded to the Rival Rangers

if I was putting money on it, I’d say Minnesota is the favorite with us in the next group. It seems stupid to add that contract to their financial situation but their GM makes a lot of aggressive moves that don’t make sense on the surface

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It’s gonna be interesting. Like with big names getting traded in the past, it usually doesn’t seem possible or make sense until it does.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
if I was putting money on it, I’d say Minnesota is the favorite with us in the next group. It seems stupid to add that contract to their financial situation but their GM makes a lot of aggressive moves that don’t make sense on the surface
I think Vegas is among the top suitors as well.
I don't think we will be the ones trading for Eichel when all is said and done

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Another wrinkle in the Minnesota-Eichel talk is Kaprizov. Would they commit $10M of their cap to Eichel before knowing what they will be paying Kaprizov? It doesn’t sound like he will be signed before the draft.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Another wrinkle in the Minnesota-Eichel talk is Kaprizov. Would they commit $10M of their cap to Eichel before knowing what they will be paying Kaprizov? It doesn’t sound like he will be signed before the draft.
Latest report is he turned down 9x8. I think term was the issue, he wants less years.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I’ve said this from the beginning , and I’ll say it again , I feel Anaheim is the favorites for Eichel and will end up with him. I feel very , very confident he becomes a duck.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If BM is still interested, I hope he is playing hard ball. The closer it gets to the draft, the lower the offer is. It would be awesome to keep Zegras/Drysdale/Comtois and still pull off a deal (would be even better if they can keep Perrault but that's just getting greedy unless he really hasn't recovered from the neck issues). I'm still not sure Eichel is the right get at the moment, since there is so much uncertainty around him (not just injury, but attitude... would he want to play in Anaheim?). Hopefully BM can leverage everything going on into an amazing deal for him if they make the trade.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

For a couple seasons they would have like 30M wrapped up in Eichel/Kaprizov + those buyouts, seems unlikely

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Buffalo wants anything close to full value they need to be fully transparent about the injury issues. There’s so much speculation about how bad Eichels neck issue is but it doesn’t seem like anyone knows exactly what’s going on.

Fully healthy Eichel is worth anyone we have on the roster - he’s 24 and would be the best player the Ducks have had since 13-14 Getzlaf. But given the circumstances it’s hard to offer much more than the 3 OA, Terry and a couple of other pieces like Perreault and Dostal. At this point I wouldn’t even want Comtois to be a part of the deal.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Sounds like it's just a waiting game at this point. Buffalo will wait as long as they can to get a better offer (as they should), but if they don't get one by the draft, they may take the 3rd overall pick offer.

funny. that guy blocked me on twitter for insisting that Zegras was untouchable. now he’s acknowledging as such. life comes at you fast

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Healthy Eichel has potential to be better than Getzlaf. Look who Eichel has played with at least Getzlaf had Perry. He's also way more dynamic and explosive. All depends on his neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad