GDT: 2021 NLCS: (3) Atlanta Braves vs (WC1) Los Angeles Dodgers

ATL vs LAD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Nice play to end it, the Braves celebration seems much more lively than the Astros. Brantley barely reacted when he caught the ball yesterday.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Let's face it the truth: Dodgers are more underwhelming than Braves 90s. One WS after all of those seasons. At some point its becoming obvious they are chokers.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The question now is the 2 days off going to kill the momentum Atlanta has...I felt it was beneficial for them to lose game 5 and not sit around too long because Houston is obviously the more talented team by a wide margin while ATL is simply just very 2015 Mets or 2013 Sox like

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Getting to a World Series without Acuna is one hell of a job. Very happy for AA.

Tip of the hat to the Dodgers for a solid title defence. Ultimately, they overthought things with their pitching and their offence was underwhelming and that proved to be their downfall.

Reactions: John Price

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Let's face it the truth: Dodgers are more underwhelming than Braves 90s. One WS after all of those seasons. At some point its becoming obvious they are chokers.
And the one win During covid season as well (if you want to discredit it more)

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Chokers dont win a championship. Dont pitch Luke Jackson against the Astros and the Braves might have a chance.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I am sure we are going to be underdogs and likely to lose to the Astros and as much as I criticize AA and Snitker, they are wizards after all.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I am sure we are going to be underdogs and likely to lose to the Astros and as much as I criticize AA and Snitker, they are wizards after all.

houston's starting pitching really sucks...assuming Atlanta continues to hit as they have they should win in 5 or 6

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Barely above 500 and were left for dead (by myself included) after Acuna went down.

"Oh the Mets will walk away with the East now"

Went out and made some moves that people questioned, and then proceeded to smack the piss out of the ball all the way to the big dance.

Congrats to the Braves.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Only in the MLB can an 88-win team that would've been 5th in the AL East division can end up in the World Series lol

Congrats to Atlanta though, I'm rooting for you guys 100000% over those trash can bangers in the WS

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The question now is the 2 days off going to kill the momentum Atlanta has...I felt it was beneficial for them to lose game 5 and not sit around too long because Houston is obviously the more talented team by a wide margin while ATL is simply just very 2015 Mets or 2013 Sox like

2007 Rockies had an 8 day layoff and they were VERY rusty.

Last year, the Rays and Dodgers had only 2-3 days off

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
As much as I don't like the guy, this is a situation where having Trevor Bauer could've helped. Scherzer is gassed, Buehler is pitching on very short rest, Urias struggled with his stuff, Kershaw is on the shelf and so is Price so using those first three a lot was their only option. Bauer would've taken a lot of stress off of the LAD starting pitching that was clearly being overworked

Reactions: frisco

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I like how it's allowed to celebrate going to the finals in other leagues than the NHL.

Go Braves. Beat the cheaters.
The one and only reason that I'd be happy for Houston winning is Dusty Baker finally gets a ring as a manger. He's been in the MLB since before the moon landing and colored television and this could very well be his last season before he finally retires from the league. He's also been the manager during many heartbreaking defeats so it would be nice to see him possibly ride off into the sunset with a chip

Reactions: MakeTheGoalsLarger

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
As much as I don't like the guy, this is a situation where having Trevor Bauer could've helped. Scherzer is gassed, Buehler is pitching on very short rest, Urias struggled with his stuff, Kershaw is on the shelf and so is Price so using those first three a lot was their only option. Bauer would've taken a lot of stress off of the LAD starting pitching that was clearly being overworked
Bauer, Kershaw, Dustin May all would've been great to have. When you add-in Scherzer's tired arm and J.Turner and Muncy gone from the lineup that's just too many guys missing. Everyone was talking about Atlanta overcoming Acuna's injury but the Dodgers were really the shorthanded team in this series.

My Best-Carey

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Bauer, Kershaw, Dustin May all would've been great to have. When you add-in Scherzer's tired arm and J.Turner and Muncy gone from the lineup that's just too many guys missing. Everyone was talking about Atlanta overcoming Acuna's injury but the Dodgers were really the shorthanded team in this series.

My Best-Carey

I can’t really count Bauer as a missing piece because I doubt the Dodgers would’ve made the trade for Scherzer if Bauer was still on the team.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Trea Turner was a huge bust for the Doyers. Did he barrel up one baseball in the playoffs? He struck out or rolled over a weak grounder eveyr time it seemed.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I can't get over how bad that AB was.

This isn't some schlub. This is Mookie Betts, former MVP, one of the best all around players in baseball, postseason hero, etc.

And despite that....he sits there and just takes two fastballs for no reason and then whiffs on an absolute meatball.

98 at the belt with high spin isn't a meatball, espeically when you have be aware of that nasty slider Matzek throws. it's weird that he didn't offer at the first 2 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad