GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft & Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So for NOW, we’ll use this for the trade rumors; starting tomorrow I’ll close the current Draft thread and we’ll use this one for everything

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seravalli was on Sportsnet earlier and said Landeskog is in the $8.5M range and possibly even higher. The Avs are well below that number.

Also said something along the lines of, if Goodrow got what he did then Coleman will be 6 years, $5M/yr.

So yeah, Sakic needs to work some of that trade magic.

I listened to it on the Sportsnet app but it should be there if you go to the radio section on the website.

Reactions: shadow1

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Seravalli was on Sportsnet earlier and said Landeskog is in the $8.5M range and possibly even higher. The Avs are well below that number.

Also said something along the lines of, if Goodrow got what he did then Coleman will be 6 years, $5M/yr.

I listened to it on the Sportsnet app but it should be there if you go to the radio section on the website.
8.5M can be enjoyed elsewhere. Sorry, Gabe. You're not worth anywhere near that money.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
$8.5 million would be impossible with the cap and in no way is Landy worth that kind of money if you consider Hall, Nuge, Hyman contracts.

With Landy and Saad both gone, and Donskoi, I'm starting to worry whether or not the Avs will ice an NHL team this year on wing. Maybe they'll have to trade away Barron, Helleson, the 1st because only Schwartz fills the type of void left behind, and there will be a lot of competition for his services. Right now it's Rantanen, Burakovsky, and...Newhook?

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Seravalli was on Sportsnet earlier and said Landeskog is in the $8.5M range and possibly even higher.

If true (and we can't really doubt Seravalli at this point) trade his rights to someone in the East. Islanders will do.

Use Landy's rights as part of a package for Beauvillier.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

upload_2021-7-22_22-9-22.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
8.5M can be enjoyed elsewhere. Sorry, Gabe. You're not worth anywhere near that money.

That could just be his ask on the open market and it comes down with an 8th year but yeah, I don't see the Avs going anywhere near that number if that's what he wants from them.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Jeez, free agency hasn't even opened yet, but by all means folks, let's go doom and gloom and start wondering who we draft #1 overall next year, because obviously we are not going to field a competitive team.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Do we need to come up with a different thread for ass eating?
I'm ready to eat some ass. I mean post some rumors.

I want a live thread for that. The former, that is. Then during the season, each GDT can have a nod to doing that or a hidden reference. It could be a challenge for the AE crown.

Where's the really juicy rumors? Mr. Sakic, we demand satisfaction. Give the dog a bone.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Do we need to come up with a different thread for ass eating?

I want a live thread for that. The former, that is. Then during the season, each GDT can have a nod to doing that or a hidden reference. It could be a challenge for the AE crown.

Where's the really juicy rumors? Mr. Sakic, we demand satisfaction. Give the dog a bone.

I think the AE title should be a bowl not a crown.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane

Hmm, with Seravalli saying similar stuff to the others, it does make me start to believe that the situation is serious.
If Sakic does 8.5, I say we start a Go Fund Me to hire the goon squad to wake Sleepy Joe up a little.

If you pay Landy 8.5, what does Makar take?

We might as well debate that one again since this thread hasn't gone there, yet.

So, if the Makar rumors are nil , wasn't it mainly just that the discussions are ongoing and cordial, maybe that bodes well?
The Avs aren't as tight lipped as they used to be back in the day, but maybe the lack of much being said is good as far as Makar.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
For the record, if Landy does walk I do have faith that Sakic has a trade lined up to replace his on ice role to some degree. His acquisition trades always come out of nowhere.

I believe the Avs will stay cup competitive and probably be the easy Central division favorite as long as they have a legitimate starting goalie.

Reactions: hughdreamz

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Guys he’s gone. He’s headed to NYI. They’ll pony up the 8.5M.

So obviously not sure what Joe will be able to do, but this will be quite the loss

Reactions: teoberto

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It does feel like NYI could be the leading candidate if he leaves.

They're a great stylistic fit, he's a Lamoriello type of player, and Gabe seems like he'd like to live in a big city like NYC if he leaves.

Really hope it doesn't come to that. Just compromise on a deal in the $7's long term. That's more than fair.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Yea i want grubs back at this point. I dont wanna spend all the assets we would need to for both an upgrade in net and for a landy replacement

Reactions: Foppa2118

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Damn, I’ve been focusing so much on Landy, Grubi, and Makar I haven’t really even thought about the draft.

Who are we hoping to nab if they keep the 1st? Are there some good centre and goalie prospects in that range?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yea i want grubs back at this point. I dont wanna spend all the assets we would need to for both an upgrade in net and for a landy replacement

Seems like they don't have the assets to do both properly. Let alone replace Graves as a big defensive D, let alone improve the blueline stylistically from last year with Graves on it, at the same time.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
We should really try to get Beauvillier. I think he would be just as effective and cheaper then Landy. Compher and Landys rights for Beauvillier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad