GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft July 23rd 630PM MST- Oil hold pick #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Chicago trading out of 12th gives a glimmer of hope that Cossa could be there at 19. They were probably the most likely team in the entire 1st round to take a goalie, although Buffalo at 13 could easily scoop him up.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
What a crazy day. I hope it continues into the draft. I wasn't planning on watching but will probably tune in now.

Goalie or trade the pick please!

Reactions: Beerfish

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Sportsnet has McDavid going end to end through 3 leafs 3rd and Matthew's sniping a bouncing puck on a broken play 2nd.

I guess in a way sportsnet is pointing out the leafs d fuxking sucks.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
If the 2 goalies are gone, I'd trade our first and next year's 2nd to Columbus for their 2 remaining firsts. But the 2nd is in hiatus until next year.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm just curious why everyone wants Cossa when Skinner progressed so well and Konovalov is coming over next season. One of these two will *hopefully* pan out to be the starting goalie of the future.

Is it just a BPA and "can never have too many goalies in the system" thing?

Reactions: oilers'72

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I'm just curious why everyone wants Cossa when Skinner progressed so well and Konovalov is coming over next season. One of these two will *hopefully* pan out to be the starting goalie of the future.

It’s that hopefully thing you mentioned above. We have a couple guys that COULD turn out but it is always better to have more eggs in your basket.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Better to have a wealth of starters than a pile of backups.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

I might be the biggest Skinner fan on this board and fully believe he’ll become a 1B goalie at minimum but Cossa is on another level from him. He’s the complete package and looks to be a sure fire top end goalie. Size, athleticism, tracking, everything. There’s always some level of unknown with goalies but he’s going to be a great one imo.

Reactions: yukoner88

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why are they doing it virtually while every other sport is doing their draft in person?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Just my opinion but I am not a long term fan of skinner, he had a good year this year but two years ago Shane Starret was our goalie of the future. Konovalov is a complete unknown f0r me as the russian league and goalies and their stats and such is just so different. We need to find our vasilvesky or price or rask etc a guy who is your good #1 guy for 10 years.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Chicago trading out of 12th gives a glimmer of hope that Cossa could be there at 19. They were probably the most likely team in the entire 1st round to take a goalie, although Buffalo at 13 could easily scoop him up.
Drafting cossa helps the current team zero....pick should be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad