GDT: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Every player gets a #MeetTheMovement video. Are you not familiar with this series?

Do you think the social media interns know the detail of every potential trade? And things can change so quickly a trade could conspire out of the blue. There are tons of players who’ve been traded when they were used in social media photos or videos lol
So the team is…promoting them?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m waiting to see what Buffalo got for Reinhart but IF (big if) Drury is using Zibanejad to get more assets for an eichel deal, that’s not a good sign lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There was no promotional stuff, they did this same segment for every player

No they didn't.

I literally just scrubbed through their twitter for the last month. The only guys who have gotten personalized features on that site are Mika, Panarin (celebrating the anniversary of when he signed) and Fox (post Norris win). Mika's is the one that just dropped a few days ago. They probably have a few more coming for guys who are already here. There was another one that had Kakko, Lindgren, K'Andre and Lafreniere.

The rest of the stuff they have in there are little graphics wishing players happy birthday.

I get you're pissed, but again lets not make shit up.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I’m getting a sense that Drury may not have been in love with the locker room makeup in his time on the bench. Just a hunch

It’s two sides of the same coin, just as it was totally unacceptable to have a coach that lost the locker room due to incompetency, it’s just as unacceptable to have players that turn a deaf ear to the coach.

For most players that is totally unthinkable, if they don’t believe in a coach you play the way the coach say and the result will show that the coach is incompetent and the coach will be fired. When the players stop listening to the coach you get to the worst of two worlds. Problem here is probably that the players lost confidence in management too since nothing was done waaay after it became obvious how derailed DQs plans were.

So will anything come from this? First of all Panarin was much more of a lose cannon than Mika, who still buyed into DQs plan to start the season. Panarin just can’t be moved. Ziba? I think he is history but who knows. Maybe they lock him up.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

they do these with all our main players it doesn’t have anything to do with signing him and a low level social media intern is not in the know with every move they’ll be making, an entirely new trade could coke up out of the blue.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

they do these with all our main players it doesn’t have anything to do with signing him and a low level social media intern is not in the know with every move they’ll be making, an entirely new trade could coke up out of the blue.

So basically, This teams 3 biggest names and the young kids who aren't going anyway?

Yeah, thats why they do features on them lol.

Where is Strome's video? Or Buchnevich?

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY

I don’t think we’re trading for Kuznetsov

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I really just want eichel traded today whether its here or elsewhere. Just get it over with

Who knows, but if I am a betting man my bet is that Eichel will belong to Buffalo in October. Wouldn’t be the first time, nor the last, that I am wrong and all it takes is one team etc etc etc.

Reactions: egelband

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So basically, This teams 3 biggest names and the young kids who aren't going anyway?

Yeah, thats why they do features on them lol.

Where is Strome's video? Or Buchnevich?
I’m sure there are countless players who’ve been traded even though their team posted pics with them on Instagram lol
They just posted a pic of Buch & Shesty in the car before trading Buch

I won’t put anything past Drury at this point

doesn’t make any sense to name him captain today either… they’d do it at MSG in our home opener. Extension or trade

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Here is the link. Sorry if I ruined anyone’s coffee.

Dude, seriously? The tweet is from yesterday, for one thing. If we had traded for Eichel, I think it might be posted by now. And we already used the 16th overall pick in 2021, in case you missed it.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Who knows, but if I am a betting man my bet is that Eichel will belong to Buffalo in October. Wouldn’t be the first time, nor the last, that I am wrong and all it takes is one team etc etc etc.
Might make more sense for Buffalo and Eichel to show he’s well and then take it from there. Seems they’re dead-set on getting full value and that’s not happening before teams are comfortable with Eichel’s health situation. And rightly so.

Reactions: Ola

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

I honestly thought theyd make the deal before the draft. I don't see any way they start the season with him, maybe they're hoping some teams clear up some cap space in the offseason.

Reactions: Ola

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Might make more sense for Buffalo and Eichel to show he’s well and then take it from there. Seems they’re dead-set on getting full value and that’s not happening before teams are comfortable with Eichel’s health situation. And rightly so.

There is obviously an issue otherwise why not hand over the medical records...they could be a year trying to prove he's healthy and they may not unless he has surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad