GDT: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Hope the "need some grit" and "hard to play against" fans are happy. Getting tired of those phrases and hope, the rest of the draft includes the word "skilled" here and there.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I honestly thought theyd make the deal before the draft. I don't see any way they start the season with him, maybe they're hoping some teams clear up some cap space in the offseason.

At the same time, a GM only has two options. Either he takes the highest offer or no deal is made. Why can’t Buffalo opt to not make a trade? Trouba went through three sequences like this before being traded. All three times it was believed that he would have been moved. There are many examples like that.

If there is no good offer to take right now, if he comes back and plays well his value could double. Why not go that route?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Hope the "need some grit" and "hard to play against" fans are happy. Getting tired of those phrases and hope, the rest of the draft includes the word "skilled" here and there.
I’m one of the biggest “grit” guys here and one of the most pissed off LOL
Everyone’s mad except Machinehead, who says grit doesn’t matter. We’re in upside down world

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
At the same time, a GM only has two options. Either he takes the highest offer or no deal is made. Why can’t Buffalo opt to not make a trade? Trouba went through three sequences like this before being traded. All three times it was believed that he would have been moved. There are many examples like that.

If there is no good offer to take right now, if he comes back and plays well his value could double. Why not go that route?

The NMC. Trouba never had a potential no move clause in his arsenal.
You also have an issue where at a certain point Eichel will be open and honest to the press about how he wants out, and you cannot have that happen as it destroys what little leverge you get. When a player wants out, in the nhl 9/10 they're accomodated because of how important a cohesive locker room is.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m sure there are countless players who’ve been traded even though their team posted pics with them on Instagram lol
They just posted a pic of Buch & Shesty in the car before trading Buch

I won’t put anything past Drury at this point

doesn’t make any sense to name him captain today either… they’d do it at MSG in our home opener. Extension or trade

Re-posting pics of players on Insta is not the same as creating full features. Even if they're being created by someone low on the totem pole, the work is being cleared and posted by someone higher in the food chain.

They retweeted Strome responding to Goodrow the other day. Strome has a better than decent chance at being moved. Have they gone out of their way to feature Strome in any other way other than to wish him happy birthday? No. It'd be really easy to cut a reel for him, Buchnevich too.

99.99999% nothing happens with Zibanejad today. Be that trade, extension, captaincy, etc.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
How do people use Twitter? Honest question. I follow the accounts I want and sort by chronology. Do people venture into the wild and let Twitter populate their feeds with algorithms? I never gets these fake accounts popping up.
I feel like these are the same people that fall for the Microsoft, Nigerian Prince, IRS, and hot local singles scams.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How do people use Twitter? Honest question. I follow the accounts I want and sort by chronology. Do people venture into the wild and let Twitter populate their feeds with algorithms? I never gets these fake accounts popping up.

I don't even bother. There's literally nothing else on twitter that I care about other than hockey, and anything important will be posted here 8 seconds after it lands on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad