NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Wild Card Game: (3) Dallas Cowboys vs (6) San Francisco 49ers - SF wins 23-17

DAL vs SF

• Total voters

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Is the NFC West really as good as everyone makes it out to be?

It’s becoming the most annoying division in sports since peak Yankees/Red Sox

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I had the Niners going to the super bowl anyways but the way they played ain't gonna cut it at Lambeau next week.

Shanahan needs to beat it into Jimmy that he doesn't need to overextend to win the game. Just don't throw the game away and let your playmakers make plays. He was actually doing an okay job up until the horrid INT and almost fumble on that badly thrown ball to Kittle

Also remains to be seen if they can get Warner and Bosa back in time for Saturday. If I had to guess, I would assume Bosa is good to go and Warner will be a game time scratch

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Enjoy your Jimmy G mediocrity physical football outdated style of play

I’m outta here until after the SB

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
You can talk for hours about the last play, penalties , Zeke at 50% and Pollard just coming-back without a training since dec.1st, the constant pressure on Dak, tactical mistakes, coaching weaknesses, Gallup missing, ...................

IMO all begins with the lack of winning culture, of rage in this organization
Look at the difference between the two teams when they entered the field; One was transcending by dancing, the other face closed under the pressure. I said to a friend "it doesn't look good tonight".

It's often the same thing with the Stars, the players have a hard time getting out of their comfort zone, maybe too pampered by the organization/coaching staff, or too comfortable in the Dallas environment (???)

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
I mean, maybe he should have slid earlier, but how was he supposed to know the ref would f*** it up that bad? In terms of the actual play, there’s no difference if there’s 1 second left or 4…you get one opportunity at the end zone shot. May as well get 5-7 yards closer.

At the end of the day, it’s hard to throw the blame on either side. I’ll rarely defend a Cowboys playcall, but I give them credit here, honestly. If I had a crystal ball and knew the ref would mess up, I’d get on my phone and tell Dak to slide 5 yards earlier. But it’s also so quick and chaotic, the ref messed up, but it’s human error. It’s unfortunate but it happens.

How exactly the ref would f*** it up that bad? Ref sprinted at the end of the play and tried to reach the ball as quickly as he can, which he probably would've had time if the Cowboys gave him the ball and space. This was 100% on Cowboys and Dak, and Dak gets paid 40 million dollars a year for it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Or if you for some reason really feel those 10 yards are essential. Throw an out of bounds route. Wasn't like San Fran was covering to the outside that drive.

You do a QB run up the middle with 14 seconds and 0 timeouts you deserve to lose.

The Amazon crew was COOKING the play calling there. It made zero sense.

To be fair, the 49ers did adjust and basically had all their DBs lined up on the sidelines on that last play. They didn’t cover them the first 3 plays, but the last one was basic “I don’t care when you get over the middle, you’re not getting to the sidelines” defense.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Or if you for some reason really feel those 10 yards are essential. Throw an out of bounds route. Wasn't like San Fran was covering to the outside that drive.

You do a QB run up the middle with 14 seconds and 0 timeouts you deserve to lose.

The Amazon crew was COOKING the play calling there. It made zero sense.

I thought the play call was great. Again, hindsight is 20/20, and the play call relies on the ref doing their job efficiently, which human error prevented him from doing.

I think one shot from the 23 has a better shot of making it than two from the 40, with this Cowboys team. Heck, the first shot from 40 could be intercepted, so it becomes one shot from 40 or one shot from 23.

Maybe they shouldn’t have ran a play that relied on the refs doing their job properly, on a day when the Cowboys tied the NFL record for the most flags in a playoff game. I don’t know.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Isn’t Dak at the very forefront of mental health awareness and support in the NFL as well? What an absolutely idiotic move to scapegoat and encourage abuse (which no doubt would effect their mental health taking away the obvious physical risk of having stuff thrown at them) against the officials instead of taking personal accountability for the loss or as a team.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I thought the play call was great. Again, hindsight is 20/20, and the play call relies on the ref doing their job efficiently, which human error prevented him from doing.

I think one shot from the 23 has a better shot of making it than two from the 40, with this Cowboys team. Heck, the first shot from 40 could be intercepted, so it becomes one shot from 40 or one shot from 23.

Maybe they shouldn’t have ran a play that relied on the refs doing their job properly, on a day when the Cowboys tied the NFL record for the most flags in a playoff game. I don’t know.
The ref wasn't at fault there. The ref did as good as any other ref would in that situation. If your play depends on the ref being Usain Bolt, you're making a bad decision.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
How come Dak and the center both forgot that the ref has to position the ball??? Why the hell didn't Dak, or the center, hand the ball to the ref like every other player does in that situation? Stupid, stupid, stupid on their part.
Blaming the refs is a copout for the Cowboys lack of brains and lack of discipline.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA

Dak should have handed the ball to the official immediately, standard procedure after EVERY play in the NFL. The officials are not going to effectively let the centre spot the ball. The officiating is indeed bad in the NFL but this really sits on the shoulders of Dallas.

Reactions: Tryamw

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Dak should have handed the ball to the official immediately, standard procedure after EVERY play in the NFL. The officials are not going to effectively let the centre spot the ball. The officiating is indeed bad in the NFL but this really sits on the shoulders of Dallas.
Dallas fans looking at any excuse not to blame the coaches and players for their screwups.

Reactions: GreytWun

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Dallas fans looking at any excuse not to blame the coaches and players for their screwups.

I've been a Raider fan when Madden was their coach and Stabler was under centre. The Raiders got screwed with that early whistle and it could have changed the circumstances at the end of the game but the Raiders ultimately lost it.

Having said that my blood pressure does a instant spike upon hearing the word "tuck"! :eek:

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Zeke contract is an absolute albatross. He's a glorified pass blocker at this point, maybe move him to FB.

I actually don't hate the playcall at the end in theory, it was executed horribly though. Dak needs to get down earlier, then immediately find the ref and hand it to him.

49ers have so much potential but Jimmy is a glorified game manager that makes some of the most braindead plays I have ever seen. If Lance is legit they are super bowl contenders for the next 5 years, that's a big if though.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
cowboys also complaining about the penalties. like half of them were pre snap? what a pathetic team. if i were in charge id suspend dak for approving of fans throwing shit at the refs. what a scumbag thing to say cuz he lost his composure in the game and ran out the clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad