NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Championship Game: (4) Los Angeles Rams vs (6) San Francisco 49ers

LAR vs SF

• Total voters

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
First year in LA and Stafford wins as many playoff games as he had playoff appearances over his entire 13 years in Detroit and is going to the super bowl.

God what a waste of space the Lions are.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
calling 3 straight throws in the super bowl after that Julio Jones catch is one of the worst, if not the worst coaching mistakes in history when they were leading by 8 with 4 minutes left.
It certainly was. Has a reliable K in Bryant indoors. Run the ball to secure a sub 40 yard attempt and make NE use up all of their TO.

if up 11 with 3:30 or so left then NE needs a score and an onside kick recovery. Low odds of getting one.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
First year in LA and Stafford wins as many playoff games as he had playoff appearances over his entire 13 years in Detroit and is going to the super bowl.

God what a waste of space the Lions are.

Correct.

At the same time, Jared Goff took the Rams to a Super Bowl as well.

One can even argue he could have done it again with how stacked LA's roster is.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Garoppolo isn't great and probably gets too much hate, but idk if another QB really makes a difference. Rams pass rush really started getting into the backfield on the last couple drives.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Garoppolo isn't great and probably gets too much hate, but idk if another QB really makes a difference. Rams pass rush really started getting into the backfield on the last couple drives.
Had they not acquired Jimmy they would have zeroed in on Cousins in free agency.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Had they not acquired Jimmy they would have zeroed in on Cousins in free agency.

My point is even if Kirk Cousins is the QB on those last couple drives (only talking about those), i don't really think much of anything hcanges.

Not saying they shouldn't move on from him and try and upgrade if they can. I mean, Tom Brady was literally in thier fingertips and wanted to play there, they declined.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
My point is even if Kirk Cousins is the QB on those last couple drives (only talking about those), i don't really think much of anything hcanges.

Not saying they shouldn't move on from him and try and upgrade if they can. I mean, Tom Brady was literally in thier fingertips and wanted to play there, they declined.
Yep. I mean they took the ball out of Jimmy’s hands vs Minny and GB. He like what 12 pass attempts each game or something? Then the SB?

and that’s not enough for them to move on from him for Brady?

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Big win for the Rams. The top guys came through as much as could be expected, just enough for the W but not a whole lot to spare. OBJ a bit of a godsend with Robert Woods being injured just days after his signing though Cooper Kupp is an unstoppable force. Backup TE Blanton with a few big plays with Higbee hurt. Thought the interception in the red zone in the 1st quarter but going to be the play of the game as Rams controlled play but with nothing on the scoreboard. Rams D earned their money on the last two 49er possessions.

My Best-Carey

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Think NHL is the only one outta the 4 to not do that but I could be wrong about the NBA.
The NBA does it but with players gathered around, and the trophy very quickly passes right to the players. The NFL sets up a stage, invites the owner and coach up there and makes it all about them first before eventually involving the players.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
The Rams won while throwing a pick in the endzone and also missing a wide open TD off the receiver's hands on a drive they did not score, and they still won. They are the superior team.

Reactions: Voight and bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Mad respect to the 49ers O and D lines... Incredible they both carry that team.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Aaron Donald, I dont know how that guy does what he does with this workload.
FKY13_tVgAIYuKw

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Rams won while throwing a pick in the endzone and also missing a wide open TD off the receiver's hands on a drive they did not score, and they still won. They are the superior team.
Yeah, going 1-2 head to head this season sure proves that.

I don’t where Bay Area sports touched you, but they definitely left a mark.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its pretty clear you wont win a championship with Jimmy G as your QB.

Happy for Stafford, would be cool for him to win a championship in LA like his pal Kershaw.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Correct.

At the same time, Jared Goff took the Rams to a Super Bowl as well.

One can even argue he could have done it again with how stacked LA's roster is.

Except that Stafford obviously is - and always has been - a tip-top star player. The Detroit Lions had the answer behind center for 10+ years and still never could put any other part of the puzzle together.

Reactions: Voight

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I thought both coaches did not have their best games. Those play calls on 2nd and 3rd and 1 by the Niners are not ideal. I want Deebo touching the ball there, not the fullback. Mcvay's two challenges were terrible.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The last 12 minutes of the game he never touched the ball again. That was some horrible play calling by Shanahan, give it to your best player.
Shanahan is establishing himself as a big game choker.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shanahan is establishing himself as a big game choker.
SF moving forward need to build better depth at the RB position. The shanahan’s and have a system that is very much a plug and plug for RB. But gosh they need depth there. Secondary needs help still.

deebo is the teams best weapon. No reason to not hand the ball to him as he’s not just a WR, he was their best RB as well. Deebo should be pushing for a new contract as he coming upon the final year of his rookie deal. Given his workload he should be pushing for top of the market money.

any team without a QB has to accept Jimmy’s limitations if they wish to pursue him. He’s better throwing into the middle of the field vs out wide. Gives opposition chances for picks when he goes wide far too often.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00