OT: 2021 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Many many yankee fans were there.

How? It’s not like the Red Sox are out of it, there should be enough Sawx fans to fill Fenway for a September series with the Yankees and a WC berth up for grabs. Fenway isn’t exactly Tampa or Camden Yards with a 100-loss team.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
How? It’s not like the Red Sox are out of it, there should be enough Sawx fans to fill Fenway for a September series with the Yankees and a WC berth up for grabs. Fenway isn’t exactly Tampa or Camden Yards with a 100-loss team.

yo no se, they travel well.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
The Yanks have been so up and down all year as a team but Stanton and Judge have really carried the load consistently all season long.

I hope the Stanton haters finally shut up once and for all.

This is also such a bad ass quote.

they’ve carried them for sure. Giancarlo is just a likable guy too, he just goes to work. Never hear about off the field stuff with him.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Yanks have been so up and down all year as a team but Stanton and Judge have really carried the load consistently all season long.

I hope the Stanton haters finally shut up once and for all.

This is also such a bad ass quote.

Never was a Stanton hater, but his 1st few seasons here, Jeter was looking like a genius for getting out from under that contract.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

We've been waiting for this since he arrived. God I hope this streak continues.

Stanton left ZERO runners on base this weekend. Unreal. Guy is playing superhuman. Those little league outings are really paying off. :laugh:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
RE the Stanton discussion - it's funny how some guys don't get the love they deserve. With Stanton, you just wish he could have some good at-bats even when he isn't really going. You have to love how Gardner and Urshella and now Rizzo seem to foul off pitch after pitch. When you see Gallo following Stanton, you worry that, like tonight, you can have Rizzo and Judge on 2nd and 3rd with one out, you might not score. If you have them near Voit or Sanchez, you can hit a deadspot of Ks against a good pitcher.

All that said, Stanton has already grabbed himself a legendary spot with just these past couple of months. What a display.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I was at a Yankees game in April 2009 and people were booing Teixeira because he was on a cold streak to start the year. The fans changed their tone pretty quickly once he started producing.

This is nothing new from us- with big signings (or acquisitions) come big expectations from fans.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Judge is having such an incredible year. Saved a run last night, 2 HRs…so happy he’s staying healthy.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad