Kings Article: 2021 LA Kings Draft Preview: A Look At Potential 1st Round Picks with Mark Yannetti

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Others have mentioned it, but the way he talked about Coronato has to make you go "hmmmm" he's either bluffing or that's a guy they really like, and if there was ever a year to take a big swing, it's this one.
He doesn't bluff. He provides the general observations that scouts across the league have made, as stated in the story. He does not reveal what the Kings think about any particular player.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Good article my guy.

Kings shouldn't go for a safe pick in Beniers at 8. They should either go for a dynamic skating winger, or a defenseman. I think the Kings already have a beniers mould type players.

Reactions: kinghock

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Kinda hoping to get his views towards the goaltenders available. Thanks for the interview though, really enjoyed reading this.

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
Exactly, it was a no brainer when he dropped to that pick.

Necas and Suzuki were still on the board when LA took Vilardi at 11OA. It really wasn't a "No Brainer". If you still think it was then explain why Florida passed on him at 10OA. I expect to see him have a solid year in 2021-2022.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I can't wait to hear you explain this opinion

Simple...wasn't he supposed to go top 5? There he sits at 11. Safe pick to make at that point. I didn't say it was the best pick to make (or the worst)...just a safe one. I seem to recall lots of cries of joy, disbelief at their good fortune, and exalting the stupidity of other teams for passing on him on this board when he was taken.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Vilardi was the very definition of safe pick in 2017. That's not a criticism...just reality.
I think the Kings got blinded by Vilardi's size thinking he was going to be the Carts replacement. No way Jose! Not sold on Vilardi and not sure he'll ever be a 2nd line centre,perhaps on a bad team like the Buffalo Sabres he could achieve 2nd line status

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad