Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I have no inside information on Calvert, but based on the fact he has to wear a tinted visor to deal with bright lights an UBI is very concerning to me. Does anyone have the play when he got hurt or know what the injury is?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

or

Id say either or both have caused Calvert some head issues imo

as for his current ailment.... If he has to wear a tinted visor for lights issues, I'd be concerned about his noggin

Still pisses me off they let that 2nd play go on that long after Calvert takes a puck to the head. The rest of the year the refs would blew the whistle when anyone was injured like that in any game, but not that time. Not only did it basically allow Vancouver to get a goal, but the lack of concern over a guy obviously injured and unable to protect himself is mind-boggling.

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
It's hard not to think about concussion with Calvert. There was a play late Sunday where it looked like he was shaken up, but he played through it. Longer term, with that type of light sensitivity, why is the guy still playing? We all love Calvert, but he's in that danger zone.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Still pisses me off they let that 2nd play go on that long after Calvert takes a puck to the head. The rest of the year the refs would blew the whistle when anyone was injured like that in any game, but not that time. Not only did it basically allow Vancouver to get a goal, but the lack of concern over a guy obviously injured and unable to protect himself is mind-boggling.

Calvert's play directly led to refs blowing the whistle much sooner. Really shouldn't have taken that play to get them to blow the play dead though.

When a guy gets hit in the most vulnerable of areas behind the head with a slap shot, everything else in the game should be a distant second in importance at best.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Calvert just gets hurt a lot in general with his style of play. He had a bit better luck early in his tenure here but it’s been a thing.

He's been making me real nervous this year watching him skate into heavy traffic, sometimes leading with his head thinking he won't be hit. Took a few bumps that could have been worse if the opponent tried to finish their check.

Worried one of them might have rattled his head a little too much. If he's wearing that pink visor, that means he still has some light sensitivity. I would assume he's been cleared, but that's still pretty concerning.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
And be more than worth it.

Here's more sad news on that front......

That sucks. He's one of those guys you love because he gives it his all, but it also puts him at risk of injuries more often because he does go all out every shift.

Hopefully it's not a head injury. If it is, as much as I love the guy on this team, he really should hang them up for his future health.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
And be more than worth it.

Here's more sad news on that front......

I'm not gloating about Calvert being out, but this is why I was unhappy the Avs opted not to retain Nieto for peanuts. And I'm still unhappy!

I hope Calvert has a speedy recovery and I guess we'll get a good look at Kaut/Sherwood.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, indefinitely can only mean concussion related symptoms. Terrible news, this team is just better with him on the ice, and it risks his career, to boot.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I'm not gloating about Calvert being out, but this is why I was unhappy the Avs opted not to retain Nieto for peanuts. And I'm still unhappy!

I hope Calvert has a speedy recovery and I guess we'll get a good look at Kaut/Sherwood.
Letting Nieto go was absolutely the right decision. Nieto would never be anything more than a short term plug in the lineup, and it makes more sense to give that icetime to younger guys like Jost/O'Connor/Kaut/Bowers/etc all who need ice time.

Besides, if you really want Nieto back on this team you can probably have him for a late round pick at the deadline, a move I wouldn't be opposed to as a super cheap depth move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad