Pre-Game Talk: 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
upload_2020-12-18_11-19-43.png

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Didn't see a thread, thought I'd create a discussion thread up until GDT on Boxing Day.

Other news:

Germany - 8 positives (Q until Dec 24)
Sweden - 2 positives (Q until Dec 21)

Reactions: JetsUK

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Perfetti on the third line!!!!!

He's a bust!:sarcasm:
I'm just glad we get to watch him and with that kind of depth I'm sure lines 2-4 will all get plenty of ice time. I'm guessing he'll get PP time too.

I would've been disappointed if he was a scratch. I still would've watched the tournament but my excitement for it would be a lot lower. This is pretty much my only plan for the holidays.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Didn't see a thread, thought I'd create a discussion thread up until GDT on Boxing Day.

Other news:

That's not good , damn Covid. :mad:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Other news:

Did Germany bring 25 players? So they're down to 17, unless more of them start to test positive. That's 10F 5D 2G, depending on who got sick? That's going to be pretty hard to compete with.

Makes you question the decision that most of these teams made - where they allocated so many of their slots in the Edmonton bubble towards support staff.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
effen TSN. Said they were showing two U20 exhibition games on TV on TSN3 today. Was really looking forward to the Finland game at 7:30 MST, 8:30CST. Now showing NFL which I can watch on half a dozen other channels. Who are the bozos running this channel?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Heard they were rejigging pretourny games a bit. Not sure what's next for Canada.

Edit: apparently we play Russia on the 23rd.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
effen TSN. Said they were showing two U20 exhibition games on TV on TSN3 today. Was really looking forward to the Finland game at 7:30 MST, 8:30CST. Now showing NFL which I can watch on half a dozen other channels. Who are the bozos running this channel?

There was no game to broadcast, all of the first 6 exhibition games were cancelled yesterday afternoon & TSN reported this as breaking news in the middle of their programming schedule yesterday afternoon.

IIHF cancels six World Juniors pre-competition games - TSN.ca

Canada's warmup game Wednesday against Russia remains on the schedule, at least for the time being.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So now there is a new variant of Covid 19 that is 70% more likely to get spread. :help: I wonder if it will do anything to the tournament.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So now there is a new variant of Covid 19 that is 70% more likely to get spread. :help: I wonder if it will do anything to the tournament.

They aren't playing in the UK and there isn't a UK team, so probably not. I think the teams have been in Edmonton for weeks already? But the fact they canceled the exhibition games is a bit concerning.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
You're reading this completely wrong. Byfield is on 4th, so Perfetti is better than the #2 pick

This.

Actually, I'd quantify it a bit further. 12 forwards over 3 lines, Perfetti playing 3 positions above Byfield; therefore CP is 25% better than QB. And, given the 8 spots between them, where each Top 10 spot counts as 10 points on the Draft Relative Evidentiary Collated Kernel, or DRECK Value Scale, CP is close to 80% more valuable than Byfield relative to draft position.

Folks, we got a winner here.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And now we are getting 25 more centimeters of snow Tuesday into Wednesday, this tournament has to happen it's not like we can do anything else. :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This.

Actually, I'd quantify it a bit further. 12 forwards over 3 lines, Perfetti playing 3 positions above Byfield; therefore CP is 25% better than QB. And, given the 8 spots between them, where each Top 10 spot counts as 10 points on the Draft Relative Evidentiary Collated Kernel, or DRECK Value Scale, CP is close to 80% more valuable than Byfield relative to draft position.

Folks, we got a winner here.

Lol, well Byfield didn't have a good camp while Cole did so that would be why he got a higher spot.

Not sure what to make of team Canada's second line it appears more of an energy type line then a scoring line but we shall see how the lines look in game action on Wednesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad