Michael Vukojevic
Reilly Walsh

Colton White
Yegor Zaitsev
Fabian Zetterlund

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Samu is my number 9. Vote for Arseniy. Okhotiuk deserved win of nomination. Hope he will break the roster. I understand he is much less hyped name than Bahl, but he play much safer game, he is faster and much better skater, and he is at least as good in all defensive situation as Bahl. Would be awesome to see him with Subban or with Severson. I don’t think he has any offensive upside, but he has a great potential to be best defensive defenseman, minute eater and 1st pk killer of the team.
Add Bardakov, remove Walsh.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm a bit surprised Bahl went so high. I get that he got some NHL time, but he's got an extra year over Okhotyuk and Vukojevic, so that's probably why he got called up first... well that and the fact that he's 6'6" so they probably thought he'd deal with NHL size better.

I think both Okhotyuk and Vukojevic have a decent chance of being as good or better than him. Okhotyuk seems like he's a better skater, and Vukojevic brings a little offense.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he also looked good in his stint though, like he belonged. you can’t teach his size so just being competent puts him above someone of comparable skill and smarts

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
he also looked good in his stint though, like he belonged. you can’t teach his size so just being competent puts him above someone of comparable skill and smarts

He did, but by several reports he wasn't that great in Bing. I hope he can keep it up.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'm a bit surprised Bahl went so high. I get that he got some NHL time, but he's got an extra year over Okhotyuk and Vukojevic, so that's probably why he got called up first... well that and the fact that he's 6'6" so they probably thought he'd deal with NHL size better.

I think both Okhotyuk and Vukojevic have a decent chance of being as good or better than him. Okhotyuk seems like he's a better skater, and Vukojevic brings a little offense.

He did, but by several reports he wasn't that great in Bing. I hope he can keep it up.
The size advantage is a pretty big deal when the huge guy is mobile, even when the other dudes are pretty damn stocky: 6’7” 240 lbs (Bahl) vs 6’1” 194 lbs (Okhotiuk) vs 6’3” 207 lbs (Vukojevic).

I’m not sure how much better Okhotiuk’s skating is or Vukojevic’s offense is, I’m going to take the AHL comparisons from last season with a grain of salt. (Defensemen’s offsense is tough to judge just by a few more assists in ~25 games, particularly without knowing any context.)

Also Okhotiuk (12/4/2000) and Bahl (6/27/2000) are pretty much in the same age group as Okhotiuk was old for his draft class and they’re in the same juniors age group.

Bahl played four years in the OHL, while Vukojevic, with a 6/8/01 birthday, only played in the OHL for three years and played in the AHL his 19th year since the OHL season was canceled. Vuk is the youngest.

People can like the other dudes more than Bahl but I’m giving pushback on the idea that they should be clearly be listed higher because they, as of now, to me have less of a chance of making the NHL than Bahl does. And yes, his size plays a part there but I think his play is getting the comparative short shrift here.

Add Daws.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
People can like the other dudes more than Bahl but I’m giving pushback on the idea that they should be clearly be listed higher because they, as of now, to me have less of a chance of making the NHL than Bahl does. And yes, his size plays a part there but I think his play is getting the comparative short shrift here.
I don't think they should clearly be listed higher. I just expected them to be very, very close (although at this rate it looks like Okhotyuk is only going to be about 3 picks after Bahl).

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I have a sneaky suspicion that Pytlik will be much higher on this list next year after not going in the at least top 9 this year.

19 points in 26 games 2 years ago and then 50 points in 56 games. 6’2 - 6’3 over 200lb right shooting center that can win some faceoffs. I feel like if they would’ve played a proper season last year we would’ve seen that growth continue and had him higher here.

Add Daws

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I have a sneaky suspicion that Pytlik will be much higher on this list next year after not going in the at least top 9 this year.

19 points in 26 games 2 years ago and then 50 points in 56 games. 6’2 - 6’3 over 200lb right shooting center that can win some faceoffs. I feel like if they would’ve played a proper season last year we would’ve seen that growth continue and had him higher here.

Add Daws
Okhotyuk got my vote the last few rounds. Pytlik will be next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad